Should The First Ever Female Coach In The Mens Game Be @ a PL Club?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should This Experiment Take Place At The Top Tier Of Football

• Total voters
Derby isn't a big job. Rooney is falling there and clinging on by name alone as far as I can see.

Gerrard talked about coming to Spurs by nutters.
It'll be a stop gap for both parties if he came to Spurs
No way will GeRRard come to us

What about people like Lampard, Rooney and Gerard. Who get top(ish) jobs straight away?

I don't think they worked their way up (Gerrard may have done with the Liverpool youth teams).

If you read my post, you'd see that I said players who played at the very highest level tend to get a head start in their managerial career due to that playing experience. You can argue whether that's correct or not, but I'd suggest that's the reason why they are considered for jobs at the likes of Derby/Rangers. If you look at a manager like Mourinho who had no real playing career of any relevance, he had to work his way up to bigger and better jobs.

If you read my post, you'd see that I said players who played at the very highest level tend to get a head start in their managerial career due to that playing experience. You can argue whether that's correct or not, but I'd suggest that's the reason why they are considered for jobs at the likes of Derby/Rangers. If you look at a manager like Mourinho who had no real playing career of any relevance, he had to work his way up to bigger and better jobs.
I did read your post - I missed the bit about the players (rightly or wrongly) getting a leg up.

Wasn't Mourinho's first managerial role at Benfica? I'd call that a pretty big job.

Oh yeah, a sexist for being real about a woman coming straight in to top flight football at this point.

I've not said anything about capability, it's about suitability and Tottenham Hotspur now, so give over John. You're in the vast fucking minority about this.

Don't fucking call me any of those ever again, or stick me on ignore you grumpy git.
Exactly. You're a sexist!

On ignore you go. Good bye.

I did read your post - I missed the bit about the players (rightly or wrongly) getting a leg up.

Wasn't Mourinho's first managerial role at Benfica? I'd call that a pretty big job.
But that's ignoring his coaching at top level mens teams before getting that job. So he did low level coaching and scouting, then got a job as an interpreter for Bobby Robson at Sporting Lisbon. He then became assistant manager to Robson at Porto and then Barcelona. He was then Louis Van Gaal's assistant at Barca. Then he was an assistant at Benfica before getting the top job.

I believe that in the future, a woman coach could follow a similar path to this and get a chance to manage a fairly big team as a result. Obviously, if they then start to win as Mourinho did, they can get bigger and better jobs.

But that's ignoring his coaching at top level mens teams before getting that job. So he did low level coaching and scouting, then got a job as an interpreter for Bobby Robson at Sporting Lisbon. He then became assistant manager to Robson at Porto and then Barcelona. He was then Louis Van Gaal's assistant at Barca. Then he was an assistant at Benfica before getting the top job.

I believe that in the future, a woman coach could follow a similar path to this and get a chance to manage a fairly big team as a result. Obviously, if they then start to win as Mourinho did, they can get bigger and better jobs.
So he didn’t start at Benfica then???

So he didn’t start at Benfica then???
I mean, that was his first job as the head coach/manager. But he clearly worked his way up to that position under the guidance of top managers at high level clubs. And even then, some weird politics or something at Benfic meant he had to resign quite early, then he took over a lesser Potuguese club and did pretty well, which gave him the opportunity at Porto. And the rest is history.

Back
Top Bottom