Should The First Ever Female Coach In The Mens Game Be @ a PL Club?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should This Experiment Take Place At The Top Tier Of Football

• Total voters
Not interested in her or any other managers genitals tbh.

If she bins Dier for Rodon and rehomes the comfortably lazy then I will happily cheer her on. It's the same yardstick I measure any manager on. If the players won't respect her because she is a female then they can fuck right off to the Chavs or City's bench.

No

ab85d572-f3b2-4d08-bbad-9f8e7ef83770_text.gif

I'm just going to put out the old adage "beggars can't be choosers"

And either way, we're pretty much begging right now.

I don't think it would be an issue with me at all of we ended up hiring a female manager, as long as she had some decent credentials.

If they fuck up, they fuck up, but seeing as Mourinho left the club without a single trophy and we finished 7th the expectation would not be that high with a decent squad.

If they're good enough, they're good enough regardless of gender.

Not sure how easy it would be for a female to command the respect of the dressing room without having proved what they can do in what is ultimately a different sport. But I see no reason why a lady would be a worse appointment than say Remi Garde was purely based on gender.

What about the first ever Indian coach? First Asian coach? First disabled coach? First openly gay coach? First transsexual coach? First midget coach? First albino coach?

Stupid loaded bigoted question.

It doesn't matter what gender, colour, sexual preference, disability somebody has. The only question is on their experience, ability and qualifications.

Should a coach with only lower league coaching experience coach in the 'big leagues' - Why not?. Pep came from coaching the Barca youth team to coaching the best team in world football.

Is female football somehow so drastically different from the men's game that a coach wouldn't be able to transition? Or are you suggesting that because she has a vagina that she won't be able to coach men?

Is female football somehow so drastically different from the men's game that a coach wouldn't be able to transition? Or are you suggesting that because she has a vagina that she won't be able to coach men?
Its different enough that they need some experience in the men’s game before going straight to the top.

It doesn't matter what gender, colour, sexual preference, disability somebody has. The only question is on their experience, ability and qualifications.
Exactly, if someone said to you that we had the opportunity to sign someone who has "big club" experience, a close to 70% win ratio, 4 league wins, 2 FA Cups, 2 league cups, all of which includes 4 doubles, and European Cup finalists, all in under 10 years, we'd be fucking nuts not to consider them right?

What about the first ever Indian coach? First Asian coach? First disabled coach? First openly gay coach? First transsexual coach? First midget coach? First albino coach?

Should a coach with only lower league coaching experience coach in the 'big leagues' - Why not?. Pep came from coaching the Barca youth team to coaching the best team in world football.

As long as one is qualified, why the F not?

What I'm seeing on this forum is people expressing valid reasons why a female coach is, today, a bad idea.
And the only retort the supporters of a female coach have, is to call the other group sexist.

IMO, jumping from coaching a womans team to coaching a mens Premier league team is like jumping from a tesco shelf stacker to being on the board. It's that big a difference. Any mistake is amplified. Every move is analysed. Everyone between the board and that shelf stacker will have the knives out because they'd rightly ask why someone leapt ahead of them without proving themselves.

My question isn't whether a woman can coach a mens side. My question is should the first woman to coach a mens side be in the Premier League.
I can't see any sensible reason it would be a good idea. For the club, the woman, the fans, everyone.

Fuck off, son of Levy.

Back
Top Bottom