Should we start a complete overhaul of the squad and rebuild next season?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we start a complete overhaul of the squad and rebuild next season?

• Yes, sell Kane/Son and let Conte walk

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • No, keep Conte and back the manager

Votes: 71 64.5%
  • Other, response below

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • Levy out, everything else secondary

Votes: 13 11.8%

• Total voters
trouble is who should be the manager for a long term plan ?
our second 11 are not even up to winning LC or ECL games without help from the big hitters
so its a lot more players needed than just 3 or 4

We would need a manager for at least five years a scouting team that can actually scout players that would suit our team that we were building . A lot of luck regarding the players that do come and a lot of lolly to do all of this .Chances of this happening are pretty slim to say the least . Never expected a huge improvement under Conte with the current
squad but thought it might go a wee bit better .

I say sell everyone not including the following:

Kulu, Bentancur, Hojberg, Kane, Son, Lloris, Davies (on the fence on this one), Lucas, Romero & Dier.

Lucas, Dier, Davies, Hojberg and possibly Hugo (in a year or two) would be sound enough backups/squad players once we have a much better group of first team players.

Would you not keep Kulu

I want us to keep Kane, Son and Conte but Levy hasn't got the balls to back them and genuinely improve to make us challengers

Its a fucking mess

Was it 2018/19 when Poch said we needed the painful rebuild? 4 years later we've just replaced the likes of Aurier and Sissoko with even worse players and left the likes of Winks, Davies, Sanchez etc loitering around doing nothing much.

So yeh we need a rebuild but we need to learn how to identify and sign better footballers first. Or we're just going to spin our wheels and remain as we are.
He said that at the end of the 17/18 season. The result of that statement... no one sold, no one bought. We've been in a permanent rebuild since summer 2019 and still need 10 out 8 or 9 in. Its what happens when a club rests on its laurels.

There is no such thing as a "complete overhaul" and rebuild in one season, but yes of course the squad needs further investment and freshening

We need to sell about 4 of the weakest players and replace them with top 4-standard first team players. Obviously keep Conte and Kane. .
I think Romero, Kulusevski and Bentancur are a good start.

Last edited:
Little chance of a major overhaul no way will we just ship out players on contracts there will be little interest in them and no chance the contracts will be paid up . We are not attractive to any proven players plenty of clubs ahead of us in various ways . Looks like a few more years of where we are currently .

Was it 2018/19 when Poch said we needed the painful rebuild? 4 years later we've just replaced the likes of Aurier and Sissoko with even worse players and left the likes of Winks, Davies, Sanchez etc loitering around doing nothing much.

So yeh we need a rebuild but we need to learn how to identify and sign better footballers first. Or we're just going to spin our wheels and remain as we are.

And there’s the prospect of Ndombelly coming back in the Summer

I voted other because I believe we should sell Son and back Conte.

I rate Son highly, so this isn't a sell Son because he's shite post. The main reasoning behind this is because I think Son would still command a massive fee at this point in his career and we all know realistically we need the funds in so that we can spend what Conte will demand. Son's greatest attribute is his pace and that will go sooner rather than later so let's do what Liverpool did with Coutinho and get a big fee for a player that doesn't necessarily pull the strings of the team (ie Kane).

Levy has to decide if he will back the career of Kane, not just Conte. At this point they are close to the same thing- Conte ain't gonna stick around for a 3 year tour of the Europa Conference League. 80-100m of spend this summer could fix most of the biggest issues I think, and to be frank, I think it's worth it, even if the club has to take on more debt. Can't they just sell a bunch of junk bonds like MSTR and get on with it? I'm ready to buy an official Kulusevski jersey from the club shop, but only if Levy properly backs this team come the summer.

Just gonna put this out there since we're talking about rebuilds- for some weird reason I feel like Dier is on a redemption arc right now and I see him being a good captain for us in the post Kane/Lloris era to come. Probably because it feels like hes racked up so much shit luck hes due to come good at some point. I can see him playing for many more years still and being an excellent CB at 34/35 like Terry et al. I've been surprised to see him called to be replaced by many on here despite having many more obvious problems elsewhere in the squad...

We should just quit with the pretence that we are a football club

Sell all of the players and invest the money in real estate

Should be able to buy at least one studio flat with the proceeds
I want us to drop the F.C & replace it with LTD for transparency reasons.

Definitely not unless we go peak Man City, but that’s never been our way & even with new owners there’s FFP.

Our run of games at home after the WC is no joke if we don’t find form too.

Problem is, how many strikers out there could get 20+ goals a season in the EPL?

We simply are unable to replace Kane and Son; and our form is entirely reliant on them. The priority MUST be to get them service, but where can we buy a KDB?

Back
Top Bottom