Spam vs Thee Mighty Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Regarding Walker the media have played a large part on it in all the nonsense they are touting but in all honesty I think he has made his mind up. Why be challenged for your place when you are guaranteed a start each game. Why get paid 80k a week when you can be paid 150k a week. His age plays a factor as well. If he leaves. He leaves. We have lost big players before. That is football mate. Anyone slagging him off should be ashamed. He's been brilliant for us and has helped push us into being the side we are now but sometimes it's time to move on.

Absolutely agree, its the abuse that I could not even begin to comprehend, the one player that has ridden it all with us for years on end getting treatment based on 90 mins, when has been best in country at least for a year, if they are spurs "supporters" maybe I am not one

Absolutely agree, its the abuse that I could not even begin to comprehend, the one player that has ridden it all with us for years on end getting treatment based on 90 mins, when has been best in country at least for a year, if they are spurs "supporters" maybe I am not one
Le's not forget this fact. He could have left a long time ago and walked straight into any other top four side but he chose to stay.

I don't think walker is focused, if he wants to leave he can leave, there's no point starting a player who has his head already turned
We've been here before. Rinse and repeat stuff really. If he does want to go the main thing is he has not stated anything in the press for them to pounce on or refused to play so credit to him there but you can't deny his performances over the past few games have not been up to his usual standards

Don't even see the point of this Spurs team. They give you just enough for you to start hoping, then bottle it when the pressure is on.

Last season we could have closed the gap on Leicester. Lost.
This season we can close the gap on Chelsea. Lost.

They're skillful, athletic, technical but they still crack under any real pressure at all.

Straight out of the CL
Straight out of the EL
Thrashed by Chelsea in the FA
Lost to Liverpool in the LC

Now lost the title to Chelsea via losing to West Ham. Brilliant.

Waste of time. Consistently the best team over 2 years, and for what? We've won fuck all and Chelsea/United could end the season with 2 trophies despite playing shit. So sick of it.
I'm proud of our progress under Poch in the league. Goal difference speaks volumes. Before he got here we'd get thrashed by the "Sky 4 + City" and now we actually beat them.

That said, I wholeheartedly agree with you on Europe. Been a shambles each season under Poch.

I don't think walker is focused, if he wants to leave he can leave, there's no point starting a player who has his head already turned
the head turned thing is such a cliche. he wasn't the worst player out there tonight and looked like he was up for it - he went through lanzini fine, and then had to play with a booking. I saw commitment from him. The opposition just did us tonight and we were poor.

Of course you are

Keep telling yourself that

I just don't believe you

"Piece of fucking shit"
Lovely

Can't compete with an intellect like that
:avbhumph:
OK, Bazali Bazali , I'll stick to your insults, cunt.

You genuinely think I'm not Spurs

Because I melt when we lose.

But you don't melt and think it's unreasonable even after losing to West ham.

Who do you think I support

Woolwich ? Chavs ? West ham ?

I think your a cunt.

If you have an issue with my allegiance PM me and we'll continue our debate in private

They just got what they wanted. That's why we should treat them as nobodies who are little more than a blip for us.....because that's exactly what they are.

No. This is to not understand the fixture for them...something I think Poch and the players still don't truly grasp themselves. This is their NLD, and we know that in a NLD form goes out of the window. They want to win it so badly, but for us it's just another game. I think that disadvantages us. They'll play out of their socks just for the bragging rights (plus the three points also pretty much seals their safety).

Mixed signals.... We take them and the rivalry seriously or not?

Disappointed. But I love this team and manger and Club. I have never been a prouder Spurs fan in my 45yrs supporting this club. I have felt happier, not prouder. Happy is when you lift a trophy, it's great. Pride is when you are a genuine title contender, when you can lay claim to being one of the best teams in the League.
TITLE contenders again for 2nd season in a row, I've never seen us have one before last year.
ONLY team in the league to contest title again!
Chelsea were 10 points clear 2 months ago, we made the race not bottled it
Won NINE games on the bounce, I've NEVER witnessed that in my lifetime! Fergie only ever achieved that TWICE in his twenty years as manager at United!
Youngest team in the league.

Tottenham Till I Die!

Come on boys, we aint that red shite across the road. It was a shit result and it hurts. But as tough as it is, we gotta move onto he next game.
Fair enough. But having your Spurs credentials questioned by some anonymous mug online is hard to take. Especially on a night like tonight. I'm fucking boiling tbh

Last edited:
OK, Bazali Bazali , I'll stick to your insults, cunt.

You genuinely think I'm not Spurs

Because I melt when we lose.

But you don't melt and think it's unreasonable even after losing to West ham.

Who do you think I support

Woolwich ? Chavs ? West ham ?

I think your a cunt.

If you have an issue with my allegiance PM me and we'll continue our debate in private
Do you understand the difference between being disappointed and let down, and being a melter? To be the latter you have to be someone who is being unreasonable, overly emotional and irrational. In other words, pissing away one's objectivity in favour of hysteria.

I think this "question my support" line is a bit disingenuous. Nobody here isn't a Spurs fan. I think the real question is whether or not we should throw our toys out of the pram after a loss as some kind of proof that it makes us a more passionate fan. We've had our best season in decades even as of today. Surely, today was frustrating, but in context it's not really justified to go off the deep end.

Stupidly I arranged a sleepover for my sons two Spammer mates tomorrow night; since the result he has been begging me to put it off! But their parents are going out so we can't. I've been telling him that this is one of the things football has to teach - magnanimity and grace in the face of defeat and the ensuing scorn. Besides, I said, I'm going to piss in their soup!

Our away form to be fair has been at best mid-table. Seven wins is less than four of the other top five and Woolwich who lie sixth have won more away games than we have. Sort that one out and we are in good shape for next season, but i do think that today reminded me very much of the last few games from last season.

With Yanited, Leicester and an ever improving Hull Tigers side to face, it's not all plain sailing. That said if we can't pick up a draw against one of those sides then we don't deserve to finish runners up.
No it's not. Away form is 5th best in the league (even after losing tonight)

Disappointed. But I love this team and manger and Club. I have never been a prouder Spurs fan in my 45yrs supporting this club. I have felt happier, not prouder. Happy is when you lift a trophy, it's great. Pride is when you are a genuine title contender, when you can lay claim to being one of the best teams in the League.
TITLE contenders again for 2nd season in a row, I've never seen us have one before last year.
ONLY team in the league to contest title again!
Chelsea were 10 points clear 2 months ago, we made the race not bottled it
Won NINE games on the bounce, I've NEVER witnessed that in my lifetime! Fergie only ever achieved that TWICE in his twenty years as manager at United!
Youngest team in the league.

Tottenham Till I Die!
Plus, it takes a team built with billionaire transfer fees and uber wages to compete with us.

We will win trophies if Poch and the team stays together.

Crying because of a blip against relegation nobodies like Spam? Fuck that shit.

Stupidly I arranged a sleepover for my sons two Spammer mates tomorrow night; since the result he has been begging me to put it off! But their parents are going out so we can't. I've been telling him that this is one of the things football has to teach - magnanimity and grace in the face of defeat and the ensuing scorn. Besides, I said, I'm going to piss in their soup!
Just take them a rotten lasagna and tell them it's home made.

Last.

Laugh.

:pochsmirk:

Gutted, gutted gutted.
But, that's why I'm never confident, even though we have a good team.
Spurs will always kick us in the bollocks.
I hate these more than woolwich, which is a considerable hatred.
As per, a decent jolly up before the game.
2 pubs of spurs In hackney, loads at liv st, and kings cross.
Their rented piss bowl is awful, a shambles.
We're almost 40 points above these pikies, and, we still lose.
Baffled.
Still, Brandon block next week, then a Saturday night in hull.
Onwards and upward, keep the faith.
COYS

Back
Top Bottom