SPURS-FANS-STAND-BAN!!!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

C'est la vie... I'm pro-standing, but it was unrealistic of fans to expect the club to change it's stance on standing and in doing so challenge the powers that be; just cos we have a different ground now.

HOWEVER:

Can we lodge a counter notion opposing the sale of Pizza & Burgers during the game; because my match-day experience was significantly tainted over the weekend by being up and down CONSTANTLY to let people past to go for refreshments.

....It'd have 'happily' (see: reluctantly) conceded to a 'seated only' policy given half the fucking chance!

TBH, I couldn't give a shit if its beer, food, piss-breaks or-whatever; so this rant isn't simply about 'footy tourists'..... It's a 90min game FFS.... How little genuine interest do you fuckers have in the actual game, that you can't exist without??? It's like kids wanting a fucking ice-cream the moment they hear mention of the seaside or a piss the moment they get in the car.

Meanwhile, no provision for a smoking area in the entire site dictates that smokers (or anyone accompanied by smokers) are pretty much exiled from the idea of an after game jolly in one of the bars with the rest of the hoards.

Couldn't agree more. It simply amazes how people can't go 2 fucking hours without stuffing their faces or guzzling down a pointless HT pint. The fact that people are walking around with fucking pizza boxes I find astonishing - shit like that simply shouldn't be sold at footy stadiums.

Seriously considering giving up my season ticket for next season, as it appears due to there policy i will end up getting a ban sooner or later. Season tickets cost to much to lose it to a ban., whereas if i were to buy tickets on a game by game basis i wouldn't be losing so much if i did get a ban for standing
Mate dont do it I'm a member + and tried for palace city and huddersfield and west ham today no luck with wheel of doom got ticket for huddersfield game via gift from season ticket holder

Couldn't agree more. It simply amazes how people can't go 2 fucking hours without stuffing their faces or guzzling down a pointless HT pint. The fact that people are walking around with fucking pizza boxes I find astonishing - shit like that simply shouldn't be sold at footy stadiums.

I don't want to excuse it because I found a lot of folk moving around during the match, way more than Wembley, but I think it's probably down to the fact that the food/drink outlets aren't quick enough and take an age to deal with queue, so you see fans going out during the game because they know there will be little or no queue.. I see the logic, but I'm not sure I like it, I think if they can manage the line better pre match and half time, some of this problem might go away.

As long as I’ve been going to football a half time pie, pint, bovril or whatever has been part of the working class experience that everyone seems desperate to maintain.

There have always been people leaving from 35 mins to avoid the queues and fit in two pints.
Was no different at the Lane.

So times change, things evolve. Now it’s a pizza and stadium brewed craft ale.
All in the name of maximising revenue.

But it’s always been the way that people will eat and drink at football given the chance . It’s a social thing.

The number of people that looked like they were ordering their lunch and dinner when I was just trying to get a pint before the match was crazy. I'm all for getting a beer in the ground, especially at £4/pint but most of the queues are caused by people ordering food.

Probably the same people I get stuck behind at petrol stations who seem to be doing their weekly shop at BP.

The number of people that looked like they were ordering their lunch and dinner when I was just trying to get a pint before the match was crazy. I'm all for getting a beer in the ground, especially at £4/pint but most of the queues are caused by people ordering food.

Probably the same people I get stuck behind at petrol stations who seem to be doing their weekly shop at BP.

Sorry, I don't agree, I think most folk are ordering beer and there are problems in getting it there quickly enough, often you could see the dispenser wasn't working quickly enough and sometimes it wasn't working at all and often those buying the drinks would order more to avoid queueing twice, they need more taps and to divide the line between those buying just drink and those buying food.

Sorry, I don't agree, I think most folk are ordering beer and there are problems in getting it there quickly enough, often you could see the dispenser wasn't working quickly enough and sometimes it wasn't working at all and often those buying the drinks would order more to avoid queueing twice, they need more taps and to divide the line between those buying just drink and those buying food.

I certainly don't disagree that the beer process is slow in places, especially because each tap only dispenses one brand which just causes mayhem behind the bar.

I certainly don't disagree that the beer process is slow in places, especially because each tap only dispenses one brand which just causes mayhem behind the bar.

It does need sorting out, hopefully before next season. On Saturday at the White Hart on level 5 Neck Oil had run out one hour before KO, so I asked for one Amstel and two Heinekens. The guy went from my side of the bar to the other side for the Heinekens and then to the far end of the bar for the Amstel, so it took about 5 minutes to serve one person three pints. When I asked why he said that the other pumps weren't working.

It does need sorting out, hopefully before next season. On Saturday at the White Hart on level 5 Neck Oil had run out one hour before KO, so I asked for one Amstel and two Heinekens. The guy went from my side of the bar to the other side for the Heinekens and then to the far end of the bar for the Amstel, so it took about 5 minutes to serve one person three pints. When I asked why he said that the other pumps weren't working.
Exactly the same thing happened to me at the legends test event.

Not sure why they cant do a beer only queue!

Sorry, but I'm going to buck the trend here a bit. I'm a short bloke and naturally I was a short boy. When I used to watch Spurs in the 1960's in an all-standing environment I missed a lot of the action becuse of my lack of height.
If people stand up they will quite possibly spoil it for someone behind them - a child or a little bloke like me - someone who may have paid a lot to see the game.

Trust me, I understand that all-seater stadiums have a negative effect on atmosphere, but tbh I don't think we've got much of an atmosphere problem at the new ground, have we? Not only is it the LOUDEST ground I've been to, but it's also the CLEAREST sounding (unlike Wmbley, where the echo is appalling).

My God WHL is A M A Z I N G !

Sorry, but I'm going to buck the trend here a bit. I'm a short bloke and naturally I was a short boy. When I used to watch Spurs in the 1960's in an all-standing environment I missed a lot of the action becuse of my lack of height.
If people stand up they will quite possibly spoil it for someone behind them - a child or a little bloke like me - someone who may have paid a lot to see the game.

Trust me, I understand that all-seater stadiums have a negative effect on atmosphere, but tbh I don't think we've got much of an atmosphere problem at the new ground, have we? Not only is it the LOUDEST ground I've been to, but it's also the CLEAREST sounding (unlike Wmbley, where the echo is appalling).

Clearly along with safe standing we need a shorty standing area. Makes perfect sense.

Job done.

I can see both sides of the argument and the only solution I can see is if the club specify on the ticket "standing only" once the PL passes a safe standing ruling. Until then I expect South Stand lower will be the only standing with a mix anywhere above this.

For what its worth, I got my ST at WHL in block 32 in 2008 and I remember the first few games thinking "f*ck me, do we never sit down? might have to think about moving to a different stand" and then it clicked, suddenly we were playing well and it all made sense, the atmosphere everyone talks about - i'm in the middle of it.

I'm now block 257 in the south stand (having originally planned to get in or around row 30 central but couldn't due to only being phase 4..) and pretty pleased with the position, its standing all game however when I look around it doesn't feel like a traditional ST area. Two rows back against Huddersfield there was a little girl (I don't know how much of the game she saw but frankly that's her guardians fault), I've got two of those stupid vloggers in close proximity of me and when a player comes over to celebrate a goal by the corner, everyone is pulling out there phones to video/photo it.

I remember selecting my ticket at phase 4 and virtually the entire south lower was gone, with a few options to the sides, so it strikes me as odd to have people like this around me. - My solution - do away with club 1882, start doing and enforcing ID checks.

I'm a shorty too, but love standing... and on the plus side, I'm pretty sure I'm not blocking the view of the person behind, even on my tippy toes....
Unless Warwick Davies is a Yid of course!!

I'm considering asking the 'big fellas' to just pass me down to the front over their heads like the old days....

Maybe we should both try it?

Back
Top Bottom