Spurs Player Ratings 22/23

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game of two halves really but, being generous:

Lloris 8
Romero 7
Dier 7
Lenglet 7
Hojbjerg 5
Skipp 5
Doherty 7
Perisic 6
Son 6
Gil 8
Kane 9

Sess 5
Sarr 7

To be fair the 3 from Zomb is somewhat agenda based. Dunno if there was anyone else who scored him a 3? (and 50% worse than anyone else in their ratings)
He was awful. I think he’s toxic but will mark him up when it’s deserved. He’s had a few 7’s and 8’s alongside Bentacur when he’s looked good, but generally I hate the sight of him

He was awful. I think he’s toxic but will mark him up when it’s deserved. He’s had a few 7’s and 8’s alongside Bentacur when he’s looked good, but generally I hate the sight of him
It may have gone unnoticed but Hojbjerg did set up a goal with a powerful directed attacking header around the half way line. It found Kane and it seemed intentional, Kane then set up Son for his goal with the up and under flick.

My mark sheet for Hojbjerg reads.....
First half....poor pass, good pass, good pass, good shot, poor touch, good pass, good pass, good defending, good defending, good pass, lost ball, good pass
Second half.....Good strength, good attacking header set up goal, good pass.

I only mark what I see, I may have missed the odd incident and don't necessarily mark poor positional play and movement because that's not always possible on TV .

It may have gone unnoticed but Hojbjerg did set up a goal with a powerful directed attacking header around the half way line. It found Kane and it seemed intentional, Kane then set up Son for his goal with the up and under flick.

My mark sheet for Hojbjerg reads.....
First half....poor pass, good pass, good pass, good shot, poor touch, good pass, good pass, good defending, good defending, good pass, lost ball, good pass
Second half.....Good strength, good attacking header set up goal, good pass.

I only mark what I see, I may have missed the odd incident and don't necessarily mark poor positional play and movement because that's not always possible on TV .
I want a CM to do the basics well, G and A are nice to haves….. good passing, being brave to take the ball and moving it quickly are must haves imo

Average player ratings v Palace across 9 forum posters and 10 media/web reports including Sky, Times, Telegraph , Standard, Football London, Spurs Web etc. First column is forum, second media and third combined.

Lloris.......7.77, 7.45, 7.60
Romero..7.16, 6.85, 7
Dier...........6.83, 7....., 6.92
Lenglet.....6.83, 6.55, 6.68
Doherty....7.11, 7.40, 7.26
Perisic .......6.83, 6.90, 6.86
Skipp..........5.44, 5.70, 5.57
Hojbjerg....5.38, 6.30, 5.86
Gil.................7.27, 7.75, 7.52
Son...............6.22, 7.20, 6.73
Kane............8.72, 8.60, 8.65
Subs as a sub contribution
Sarr...............7.21, 7.07, 7.14
Sess...............5.10, 6,....., 5.50

Conte 7.33

Forum Team average 6.86
Media Team average. 7.06

PEH was really bad against palace, especially by his standards. He’s usually a 6 at least. So I can’t blame Zomb for this one.

I probably would have given a 4.

The media/ web him rated 6.30 . A rival site not finalised yet but looking like 6 ish. I'm not calling anyone out as right or wrong. The only thing I would say is....a two man MF is going to be under pressure, perhaps its no coincidence Skipp was lowly rated also.

The media/ web him rated 6.30 . A rival site not finalised yet but looking like 6 ish. I'm not calling anyone out as right or wrong. The only thing I would say is....a two man MF is going to be under pressure, perhaps its no coincidence Skipp was lowly rated also.
Perhaps most frustrating to me is when he can’t make a simple pass or trap. It happens from time to time for him and he had several of those against CP. Every time his lack of technical ability rears its head, it just convinces me further that he can’t be an automatic starter in a best XI if we hope to break into the top 3. He’s just not good enough defensively to be technically inadequate.
A Useful squad player no doubt, though.

Settling for players like him and thinking they are top players is why we persisted with winks and others for so long. So perhaps I have a bias that others rate him too highly and so I rate him extra low to offset it. If PEH is a top 5 player at a club, that club is going nowhere.

Perhaps most frustrating to me is when he can’t make a simple pass or trap. It happens from time to time for him and he had several of those against CP. Every time his lack of technical ability rears its head, it just convinces me further that he can’t be an automatic starter in a best XI if we hope to break into the top 3. He’s just not good enough defensively to be technically inadequate.
A Useful squad player no doubt, though.

Settling for players like him and thinking they are top players is why we persisted with winks and others for so long. So perhaps I have a bias that others rate him too highly and so I rate him extra low to offset it. If PEH is a top 5 player at a club, that club is going nowhere.
I understand but ratings are for the player on the day. What's gone is gone, clean slate and all that. It's difficult sometimes to see the good if a player is not liked.

If you look at the ratings tables at the start of the thread Hojbjerg is up there in most. He's consistently a top 5 player across 3 seasons . We got CL last season and did ok this season until injuries hit us.
He has even added goals to his resume this season by adapting his game to attack more. On that basis he has improved under Conte despite being under the cosh in MF most of the time.

If you look at the ratings tables at the start of the thread Hojbjerg is up there in most. He's consistently a top 5 player across 3 seasons . We got CL last season and did ok this season until injuries hit us.
He has even added goals to his resume this season by adapting his game to attack more. On that basis he has improved under Conte despite being under the cosh in MF most of the time.
Look, I know you're new around here so I'm going to cut you some slack. But you need to buck up sharpish.

Know that you need to make your mind up early on whether a player is a) world class or b) a champo clogger at best, and is wasting a squad place. There is no grey space between these two stools. We will brook thee no quarter on reasoned discussion or argument.

MAKE YOUR MIND UP AND STICK TO IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom