Spurs Player Ratings 22/23

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, here is an update. I omitted 3 games that Richi played in at the end of the season. I have updated the U 25 table. It actually increases Richi's average to 6.06 and widens the surprising differential between Porro on 5.58.

Looking at the results Richi and Porro played in.
Richi played in 16 games and we won 10 of them.
Porro played in 14 and we won only 4.
That is no reflection initially on how their performances affected results. However when we win, we may be inclined to give higher ratings !!
Further examination might reveal that Porro has had a detrimental effect on some results....he did make some clangers. But I will leave such detailed analysis to others who may remember. I'm not doing all the work !!

If detailed match info on ratings is required on Porro and Richi I can provide it.
One thing for sure, I hope they both improve next season, Porro showed signs of his quality towards the end of the season. Possibly a confidence and acclimatisation factor or change of system ?
I'm not sure we have figured out how to use Richi yet. He seems keen to please, perhaps too keen?

It's a load of meaningless rubbish.

Let's see how meaningless and rubbish it is then.
Kane top was voted player of the season......check.
Son a terrible season at the bottom.....check.
The inbetweens in the 5.80 region are tightly packed with less than 0.10 between around 4 or 5 players, pick the bones out of that.
Dier was poor, near the bottom ....check. lloris poor, near the bottom....check.
Still think its meaningless ?more like your thoughtless accusations are meaningless.

The inbetweens in the 5.80 region are tightly packed with less than 0.10 between around 4 or 5 players, pick the bones out of that.
Dier was poor, near the bottom ....check. lloris poor, near the bottom....check.
Still think its meaningless ?more like your thoughtless accusations are meaningless.
We already know who the best. worst, and medium players are without the need for this pointless thread.

We already know who the best. worst, and medium players are without the need for this pointless thread.
So admins is pointless too ? At least I'm talking about it which is more than can be said of the alternative which has no data other than for a few matches at the end of the season....now there's meaningless.....which you participate in ?

The Dealer in this thread
Animation Talk GIF by elif demir

You read it obviously .

This years final ratings with last years in the second column and last years ranking in the third column.

1. Kane.........6.63, 6.25, 5
2. Hojbjerg..6.19, 6.21, 6
3. Kulusev....6.19
4. Davies......5.94, 5.91, 10
5. Lenglet.....5.89
6. Royal.........5.88, 6.08, 9
7. Romero....5.88, 6.58, 2
8. Dier...........5.83, 6.65, 1
9. Lloris........5.81, 6.46, 3
10 Perisic....5.74
11. Son.........5.53, 6.37, 4

My first observation is last years top 4 of Dier, Romero, Lloris and Skipp. The first 3 at least had a terrible season just gone. All 3 in defence and we leaked plenty.
Then joint 4th was Son who basically went from hero to zero.
In 5th Kane had a poor and unsettled season last season but returned to his usual 6.6s this season.
Hojbjerg in 6th last season but at 6.21 improved his position to 2nd and only slipped to 6.19 which is really nothing.
Romero had a massive fall from 6.58 to 5.88 and likewise Dier 6.65 to 5.83.

While these observations may seem obvious it's in tangible numbers rather than saying.....yeah he was shite.
These numbers can be compared to next seasons and so on.
But if you want to participate I really need accurate ratings with 0.50 increments for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
You don't need a poll to know those things.

You don't need a poll to know those things.
[/QUOTE
Yes but how do you measure it. Especially from season to season.......Dier was not quite as shite as he was last season! Prove it. The whole purpose of ratings is to challenge perception. Ratings are carried out by multiple sources and deemed worthwhile by the many including admin who runs his own system but contributes very little in the way of debate.

My main response was to the meaningless accusation. We might already know it but that doesn't mean showing it in numbers is meaningless. It's tangible and comparable to previous and future seasons. Try doing that via gut feeling and perception which may be wrong.

This years final ratings with last years in the second column and last years ranking in the third column.

1. Kane.........6.63, 6.25, 5
2. Hojbjerg..6.19, 6.21, 6
3. Kulusev....6.19
4. Davies......5.94, 5.91, 10
5. Lenglet.....5.89
6. Royal.........5.88, 6.08, 9
7. Romero....5.88, 6.58, 2
8. Dier...........5.83, 6.65, 1
9. Lloris........5.81, 6.46, 3
10 Perisic....5.74
11. Son.........5.53, 6.37, 4
Last year Dier was the best player we had and Son who got the golden boot was our 4th best...What a pile of absolute garbage.

Last year Dier was the best player we had and Son who got the golden boot was our 4th best...What a pile of absolute garbage.

Scoring goals is not everything. They weren't my ratings and you have already submitted stupid ratings this season so hardly coming from any credible standpoint !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom