Spurs signing that excited you most?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Was Billy Nicks last signing for us. Brought us that glamour we had been missing. Scored a hat trick on his debut away at Newcastle. He single handedly relegated chelshit in front of 50,000 baying Spurs fans in 75. What a day that was and what a player. He played for Rangers and celtic too and when asked who his favourite team is he always replied 'Tottenham'.

Did our fans sing Bye Bye Baby to the Chelsea fans?

We did yes! We were in the Park Lane and the Paxton was filling up and we thought it would be them but it was all Spurs. The whole ground was us and at the end there was a resounding bye bye Chelsea. One of the best days at WHL.

I was in the corner of the Shelf adjacent to the Paxton and a fair few of them were in there

Their leader appeared to be a fat cunt in a light blue cardigan who looked remarkably like this
:angryscouser:
When I first saw this emoji I thought it was him but apparently it’s a Dipper

They just never showed that day. If they were locked out why didn't they hang about? A few I know have admitted it but not many do.
I was there as an 11 year old, with my dad. Can still vividly recollect the first pitch invasion from the Park Lane end.

Talking of crowd trouble; We were at the Feyenoord home game the year before. What always seems to go unnoticed is the behaviour of their fans that evening. They were in the East Upper seats and spent most of the game chucking objects on us, situated below. I saw some Feyenoord fans getting a severe beating afterwards, because of this. Quite eye opening for a wee nipper.

Definitely Klinsman. I was on a beach at the time in Tenerife and my mate literally started dancing with joy when he spotted it in the paper. I couldn't believe it at first.

Greaves (a bit before my time but getting him ahead of Chelski is always good)

Ossie and Ricky

Lineker

Gazza

Klinsman

VDV (That one blew me away,)

AND

Rebrov (I thought we'd got a real star, he was banging them in with the other cunt in Russia)

The young American kid every thought was going to be great (Can't be arsed to do a Danny and find his name)

I'll never forget the impact he had on the club and the sheer disbelief when we signed him. Some lovely insight behind the deal in this article.
Still can't forgive him for only giving us one season though. When he left, so many others followed. Probably the only time I agreed with Sugar, very disappointing.

Back
Top Bottom