Spurs v Liverpool 16 Dec 20:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dream on, mate!

There also will be excessive wailing and gnashing of teeth and unfurling of large banners at the tragic demise of Houllier (nice man, by the way).

The whole place will be like a fucking mausoleum, as usual, and the pundits will have orgasms over it all.

...Then we shall REALLY give the fuckers something to cry about.
Ok, nice guy Houllier but i seem to recall the scallies sacked him very bluntly and their fans spent most of his last 2 years complaining about his shit signings like El-Hadji Diouf and Bruno Cheyrou.

But of course now he's a saint and they'll be ramping up the mawkish tribute stuff tonight.

As far as Salah's concerned, someone may like to give him an early, heavy Christmas gift to ponder on, during the first 5 minutes - but nowhere near our penalty box, please.

Does anyone truly believe we are actually going to take it to Liverpool!!!?
I know a lot of people think we need to take it to Liverpool, and I honestly believe that’s the only way to stand a chance when they have their 1st choice CB pairing.

But with Fabinho and (potentially) Henderson at CB I do think we can employ our usual counter attacking style for the majority of the game to great effect.

I do think We will need to have short spells where we control the game or “take it to them” but I don’t think we need to go gung-ho, and at anfield I think that’s the wrong approach.

I know a lot of people think we need to take it to Liverpool, and I honestly believe that’s the only way to stand a chance when they have their 1st choice CB pairing.

But with Fabinho and (potentially) Henderson at CB I do think we can employ our usual counter attacking style for the majority of the game to great effect.

I do think We will need to have short spells where we control the game or “take it to them” but I don’t think we need to go gung-ho, and at anfield I think that’s the wrong approach.

No chance they'll put Henderson as starting CB.

And there's no way I can see us taking it to them. We'll sit at a low block like City and Chelsea and give Liverpool as much of the ball as we can in hope when we have that rare sight of the ball, we take our chances.

Believe it when I see it.

We haven't taken it to a team since West Ham.
Maybe but I don’t give a fuck tbh

It seems to be working as we’re top and whatever it takes to get results especially tonight I will take

Who is the ref tonight?

Maybe but I don’t give a fuck tbh

It seems to be working as we’re top and whatever it takes to get results especially tonight I will take

Who is the ref tonight?

Let's just hope we aren't 5th by the end of the night.

Anthony Taylor.

Believe it when I see it.

We haven't taken it to a team since West Ham.
I got you wrong, mate. I don't think we will play an aggressive and dominant game in their half; I don't know when we will do it next, but I think we will hit them badly on the counter. I got the feeling that we will see one of our best performance so far this evening, if not the best

Ok, nice guy Houllier but i seem to recall the scallies sacked him very bluntly and their fans spent most of his last 2 years complaining about his shit signings like El-Hadji Diouf and Bruno Cheyrou.

But of course now he's a saint and they'll be ramping up the mawkish tribute stuff tonight.
Or maybe they'll be remembering a popular and pretty succesful manager (4 trophies), being thankful for the good memories and overlooking those less so? Isn't that what we all do?

When Burky passes we'll remember all the good things, not the iffy spells, the weaker signings and his precipitous decision to resign. Will that make us "mawkish"?

I find it funny on RAWK the amount of ‘oh spurs will probably get a dodgy pen via Sir harrold of Kane’ (genuinely that’s the kind of shit they post!)

funny thing is pens awarded to spurs this season - 2

pens awarded to Liverpool this season - 5

Also they pride themselves on their ‘this means more’ and their moral superiority... the amount of posts on the spurs match thread wishing Kane a serious injury and many others mocking the way he speaks, references to dribbling his speech impediment... it’s not surprising just funny considering their ‘holier than thou’ attitude

I got you wrong, mate. I don't think we will play an aggressive and dominant game in their half; I don't know when we will do it next, but I think we will hit them badly on the counter. I got the feeling that we will see one of our best performance so far this evening, if not the best

That's not taking it to them though.

We can still have one of our best performances this season and not take it to them. Man City at home proves that. We didn't take it to City. But it was arguably our greatest performance under Mourinho.

We can beat Liverpool. But it'll be by taking the little chances we have and performing the best we've performed defensively all season.

That's not taking it to them though.

We can still have one of our best performances this season and not take it to them. Man City at home proves that. We didn't take it to City. But it was arguably our greatest performance under Mourinho.

We can beat Liverpool. But it'll be by taking the little chances we have and performing the best we've performed defensively all season.
That's what I meant by getting you wrong (re taking it to them)
I don't think we will see us taking it to the opponents too often under Jose; it's not our way of playing , unless we are trailing, of course

Or maybe they'll be remembering a popular and pretty succesful manager (4 trophies), being thankful for the good memories and overlooking those less so? Isn't that what we all do?

When Burky passes we'll remember all the good things, not the iffy spells, the weaker signings and his precipitous decision to resign. Will that make us "mawkish"?
No, don't don't think we do mawkish, that's a scouse specialty. Anyway pretty sure Burky never got anywhere near the abuse that Houllier got in his last 2 years at Anfield. They spent most of that time moaning about his tactics and signings.

I saw a banner they made with all their great managers. Shankly, Paisley, Dalglish and they had Benitez on there. Houllier wasn't on it so clearly he wasn't as beloved to them in life as he will be in death.

Last edited:
Seeing those interviews and social media updates after the Crystal Palace game. Everyone is concentrated for this big game and i think we could see something really special.

Like 0-0 or something.

No chance they'll put Henderson as starting CB.

And there's no way I can see us taking it to them. We'll sit at a low block like City and Chelsea and give Liverpool as much of the ball as we can in hope when we have that rare sight of the ball, we take our chances.
Do you think we need to be taking it to them to win?

Back
Top Bottom