Spurs v Liverpool 16 Dec 20:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Beglin used to be OK but he chattted shit this game except for calling out Aurier.
All the danger down our right side.
I can see us nicking another goal. GLC been pretty good. Again Berg frustrating.
God bless Sonny!

Have to say I feared the worst when VAR started looking at the Son goal. Lucky for us it was between their feet so relatively straight forward. None of that measuring the shoulder and where that is on the ground. Made quick work of the review.

Haha. The only person finding this amusing is Crouchy.

Don’t they realise that the reason Liverpool have all the possession is because we’re deliberately letting them have it?! It might be ugly, it might be dangerous, but it’s entirely deliberate.

I tend to agree with this and it's worked well for us in a lot of games recently, but we've allowed 7 shots on target so far. It was far different against woolwich or City when we were allowing a lot of shots but few on target. We're hanging on because shots are going straight at Hugo.

That was shocking, I know we play low block and counter, but our counter has been non existent and we are getting pulled all over the place defensively, we also got lucky on the handball call.

How it's 1-1 is anybody's guess, must be the football gods smiling on us for a change.

Our best hope is that they can't sustain the press, we tighten up at the back and start picking them off with some quality counter attacks.

I tend to agree with this and it's worked well for us in a lot of games recently, but we've allowed 7 shots on target so far. It was far different against woolwich or City when we were allowing a lot of shots but few on target. We're hanging on because shots are going straight at Hugo.
The lack of blocks is a bit crazy because we've been in decent positions the majority of the time.

Kane just does not press AT ALL...
I thought we all understood that he just doesn't have the athleticism for Poch-style pressing for 90 minutes anymore. His whole game now is built around controlling when and how he expends energy to maximise his effectiveness with what he's got. I also wouldn't say that playing in a low block particularly suits him and it definitely doesn't make him look his best. And these things are only going to be exaggerated and exacerbated during such a ridiculous fixture schedule.

Hmm. Wasn't he always a bit like this?

klopp.gif
Always got the serial killer vibe from him.

Someone mentioned Falling Down and yeah I can see that.

I thought we all understood that he just doesn't have the athleticism for Poch-style pressing for 90 minutes anymore. His whole game now is built around controlling when and how he expends energy to maximise his effectiveness with what he's got. And all of these things are only going to be exaggerated and exacerbated during such a ridiculous fixture schedule.
Of course, but it does make things difficult for us up top.

Kane dropping deep isn't really working at all - but he HAS to do it because of this backwards formation we're playing us.

Fabinho is having the easiest game of his life.

Need to get to 433 or 4231 asap.

Back
Top Bottom