SPURS v scum

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Re: Chadli's yellow. VDV got a yellow back in 2010 for "shushing" or whatever.

What's the fucking deal with that rule? You are not allowed to go "ssssh" or motion to your ear? Seems like a wuss rule.

I don't know the history of celebrations so much in the EPL, but the yellow for shirt removal......was there like an epidemic of this to create a rule? Was it a regular Chip N' Dales out on the pitch on match day to regulate that one as well?

Seems like it deflates the passion a bit.
Gerrard did it yesterday and got nothing.

Typical inconsistent bullshit.

Have to say, I realise that 'momentum' took Chadli in their direction, but I wasn't too keen that he was more concerned with cupping his ear and goading Gooners, than actually running over to celebrate with the Spurs fans... mind you, that's probably a booking offence too!!!

Gerrard did it yesterday and got nothing.

Typical inconsistent bullshit.

...Refs would probably be told to book Shearer nowadays for doing a Heil Hitler Goal celebration!
AlanShearer31.jpg
enhanced-buzz-13472-1377786036-4.jpg

Captain cunt and the 'glory' hunters.
I Don't understand Chadli's booking. Especially after what Walcott did to our supporters last season.
Is it also ok, when celebrating your FA cup win against Hull the day after at Islington Town hall, for a professional footballer to take the mike and engage the crowd with: 'what d'you think of Tottenham'..........shit ....'what d'you think of shit'...Tottenham. How wilshire was never reprimanded for that I don't know.

Banned from being served alcohol today, vigorously frisked and paying a premium for it was a load of bollocks too.
Basically saying 'Drink as much Alcohol as you can before the game as you can't buy none inside for 2 hrs' is hardly sensible is it?
Have we ever done that when they play at ours? I say give them the upper corner at Park lane and refuse to sell them food, water or Alcohol and strip search them with full split and squat routine. Make them feel as welcome as they do us...oh, and charge them £65 a pop for the pleasure.
Don't let them in the Lane at all. They can watch on a big screen outside Seven Sisters Tube and pay £120 for the privilege.

surely the award for the most bone headed and dick like booking must go to Oliver - for booking Chadli's celebration?
Since when was that gesture a bookable offence? What next?

Laughable bookings, yet by and large he refereed well otherwise.
The decision to book Chadli was blatant discrimination against a young man with hearing difficulties.

This is a breach of the Disability Discrimination Act and I expect Levy and ENIC to take rigorous legal action on behalf of Chadli and seek financial compensation.

About the cost of a new stadium should be acceptable.

Guys as I put on my post earlier this seems to be another incarnation of Adebayor, we have had the lazy, the attitude, the guy willing to impress, the match winner, I honestly think this version is sick/not fit. He does care I think and Poch (who overlooked Jan for captaincy and made him play back into his place) would not have given him vice if he did not see his positive influence around the squad.

I have questioned his commitment in past, and was wrong when he came back, I just wonder if he just is not right, and therefore it is time for Bobby or Kane, I still think Chadli could become answer in an RVP mould striker that can move to channels and support, which this formation needs.

I agree 100%. It seems to me too that he's actually trying, but his feet are simply not working as they are supposed to. Poch needs to ball up and have a talk to Ade, agree with him that he needs to sit out from the team for about a month to go through his very own, personal pre-season of hard physical training.

But I guess that might be impossible(?). Ade is rumoured to be hard to man-manage, and maybe Levy is demanding that he plays?

We showed exactly what I wanted yesterday: pride, passion and an undying work ethic (excluding Ade). Just the performance I was looking for.

So, so happy to see Kaboul back to his best, he played with his heart on his sleeve and proved to all the doubters (including me) that he is the right man to be captain. Just look at his face, he truly knows what it means!
20gn093.jpg

Also, Lamela is far from perfect atm but he is showing as much passion as anyone, it's great to see how much it means to him, he's going to do big things.

Not exactly the "pressing" high tempo stuff we were lead to believe Pochettino would bring.... no signs of it at all to be honest. What we got was more like the days of Redknapp where we sat back, tried to silence the crowd and then hit them on the break. Not complaining, just an observation.

We showed exactly what I wanted yesterday: pride, passion and an undying work ethic (excluding Ade). Just the performance I was looking for.

So, so happy to see Kaboul back to his best, he played with his heart on his sleeve and proved to all the doubters (including me) that he is the right man to be captain. Just look at his face, he truly knows what it means!
20gn093.jpg

Also, Lamela is far from perfect atm but he is showing as much passion as anyone, it's great to see how much it means to him, he's going to do big things.
I feel Lamela is getting better every game.

Not exactly the "pressing" high tempo stuff we were lead to believe Pochettino would bring.... no signs of it at all to be honest. What we got was more like the days of Redknapp where we sat back, tried to silence the crowd and then hit them on the break. Not complaining, just an observation.
Without tbe star players and swashbuckling syle.

Simmo I wanted to be sure I wasn't going crazy so I checked it out...

44 mins: Van der Vaart ran into the crowd to celebrate his goal. He had already been booked. The referee took no action.

Seems he got away with it during that game. Interesting to note that the season beforehand, he also didn't get a booking for the 'shush' celebration in the 3-3 match.

Yeah, but it was high pressing that got us the goal....

It's Wenger out time again...

Having watched these (partly because I hate myself, and partly because I can't resist seeing 'Claude' die a little more inside) it's hilarious that he uses the 'we scored when we went down the middle' rhetoric to complain about Wenger.

Unless my eyes deceived me, it looked like the ball was whipped in from the left hand side and assisted by Danny Welbeck tripping over his own limbs...

Back
Top Bottom