SPURS v scum

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This guy slating the Woolwich support

2 things watching that.
At about 1.12 watch the guy behind him whose face you can see centre screen near where the mic keeps coming into shot. Then listen to what paddy goon is saying and imagine that bloke behind him is In charge of Woolwich transfers.

The clip also gave me an idea for a new comedy based on two Woolwich supporting priests. I call it, Father Cunt

We play more well away than home, Spurs gain more points away than home, why is so hard home? Dimmension of our pitch (little)?,that made the visitors to closed very well spaces in defense ? Little space for maneuvers for our attacking skills players (Eriksen,Lamela for ex.)? because the pitch of Woolwich is more larger ,and with that i saw more chances for our side to score,more open space in the pitch,where Lamela and Eriksen feeling well (in the end we scored once,but was another chances to score,especially in the first half ,when Ade was close to score), Spurs looked like is builded to be reactive (away type of team), I think we need to play with 2 stikers home ,instead one (to play 4-4-2 or 3-4-1-2) ,and away to play this 4-2-3-1 that work well…playing with 1 striker home isolated in attack was disastrous with W.B.A …first shoot in the min.70!
My take on it is ..Pressure on the home team and the atmosphere. Players arriving individually when away they travel together. Watching a home match is a different than watching your team away - it always has been - the support is completly different and we have always accommodate away fans.

Not exactly the "pressing" high tempo stuff we were lead to believe Pochettino would bring.... no signs of it at all to be honest. What we got was more like the days of Redknapp where we sat back, tried to silence the crowd and then hit them on the break. Not complaining, just an observation.

To be honest I thought it was encouraging. Someday we'll be good enough to play a real pressing game at the Emirates, but let's be honest that isn't six games into Pochettino's reign in our current form. It's good to have a manager who can instill different gameplans for different fixtures. If we want to have any chance at places like Stamford Bridge and the Ethiad this is how we'll have to play. We no longer possess enough quality to go toe to toe with them. We have to be a bit more pragmatic in big games while our style and philosophy develops.

To be honest I thought it was encouraging. Someday we'll be good enough to play a real pressing game at the Emirates, but let's be honest that isn't six games into Pochettino's reign in our current form. It's good to have a manager who can instill different gameplans for different fixtures. If we want to have any chance at places like Stamford Bridge and the Ethiad this is how we'll have to play. We no longer possess enough quality to go toe to toe with them. We have to be a bit more pragmatic in big games while our style and philosophy develops.

Spot on.

Our approach was measured and organised and we kept our heads against 70% possession at their place.
We looked mature.

At the end of the day they were restricted to 6 shots on target against our 4.

Chadli was higher forward. It was 2 banks of 4, with Ade and Nacer as outlets to put pressure on Woolwich, I felt. Ade was higher up than Nacer on average, but neither were coming back to defend the box like the rest of the team was.

I can't upload a heatmap graphic, but there are some to have a look at here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/fixtures.html#s2014-m755353
god
not another one.
I watch matches with my eyes and head, not with analysis charts and heatmaps thanks.

you do it your way

I'm happier with mine

We'd have to play much better against Chelsea and City to avoid getting dismantled - they have much better strikers than Welbeck and won't be this wasteful

20gn093.jpg
Genuine elation from these guys, and 3 of the 4 were part of the magnificent seven :)

Really pleased that Poch changed the set up for this game. Exactly what we should do against teams that finished ahead of us last season. We won't win points against them all but we'll get more points than we managed against them last season and it could make all the difference.
It also avoids demoralising defeats for us and confidence boosts for our opposition and has an impact all season long.
Ade annoyed me. But I think Poch realises that we need a striker to go on form for at least a half a season if we want to do well, and playing Ade regularly is probably the way to get that, eventually. So we have to trust our managers judgement.

Exactly. And Jesus Christ, Mourinho does an even more blatant parked bus routine now and with that squad. If we had their players, it'd be a rather dull approach to take, but not-getting-thrashed against the top 4 would clearly be progress.
Yesterday is a good step towards this - and shedding our fear against the big sides is how we turn our fortunes around. I'd wager that more teams are now getting points off United since their default game plan is no longer 'roll over and die'.

Yesterday wasn't balls out (Tim/'Arry)
Or made me check Twitter due to boredom, while stubbornly trying to do the same thing over and over (AVB).

I'd imagine that we'll be playing identical tactics against City in a couple of weeks.

Back
Top Bottom