Spurs v Watford (Mon 30th)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Until Woolwich are out of Europa league, you kind of have to be rooting for Chavs to do the Dippers on Sunday...

But aren’t England allowed up to 5 teams in the CL like last year? So it wouldn’t matter if we finish 4th and Woolwich win the Europa league because we still get in. Or did they change that since last year?

Whether that's the system (3 at the back) or personnel (Lamela/Lucas for Son plz or Eriksen in a deeper role).

I kind of wish Dele and Eriksen could somehow both play behind Kane- Eriksen is a bit of an awkward fit out wide just as Luka was for us. We don't really have "wide forwards" a la Mane and Salah, but, we get by all the same.
Would love to see Eriksen in a deeper role, but I think he would need a second DM to cover for him.
Would love to see Dele playing CM for us, but I don't think he or his agent would accept it, sadly.

Anyways- extremely glad to win that one. Kane still doesn't quite look fully in form though.

But aren’t England allowed up to 5 teams in the CL like last year? So it wouldn’t matter if we finish 4th and Woolwich win the Europa league because we still get in. Or did they change that since last year?

Is that true? I wondered if that was case- had assumed we'd only have 4 slots.
If so, I'm feeling ALOT better!

But if Liverpool win the CL and finish 5th, 4th will miss out. This has been discussed in great detail.

I missed the first half searching for a stream.
Did Son do anything useful?
If not, I'd like to rotate him next game and get Moura a start, or at least 30ish minutes on the pitch.

Job done. 3 pts. But far from happy with the performance again. Awful, abject first 45mins. Picked up a bit 2nd half but Watford deserved a goal or two.

Dier's passing was (and has been) atrocious at times. Very forgettable stuff.

Is that true? I wondered if that was case- had assumed we'd only have 4 slots.
If so, I'm feeling ALOT better!
Ya, it’s why there were 5 English teams in the CL this year - United winning Europa.

Man, you must have had the tightest bum hole before finding that out. Here I’m shitting it a little bit and I know we just need 4th.

Actually, if Chelsea finish 3rd, us 4th and Liverpool 5th, but Woolwich and Liverpool both win Europa and CL, then we’re fucked.

:pochshock:

Back
Top Bottom