Spurs v Watford (Mon 30th)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

4 wins and we're pretty likely to finish 3rd. if Liverpool drop any points at all, they have to go to the Bridge. I think it would reflect a very good season away from our home and we'd be excited about moving back home.

Days like yesterday make us all for get too quickly -

Dortmund at home
Dortmund away
Madrid home
Madrid away
United at home
Woolwich at home
Chelsea away
Juventus away
Liverpool at home
Liverpool away

we were brilliant and the better team in all 10 of these games! So sick of the bottler tag if we lose a game. only one team can win the league and one team the cup (s).

Hopefully Liverpool and Woolwich lose badly this week and will have had unsuccessful seasons and put ours a bit more into context

Reading these threads is getting more like RAWK every week, what a bunch of moaning tossers, sure it wasn't a 'world class' performance ... it was just a professional 2-0 win ... sorry if that annoys ....

Gotta luv the papers 'just 53,000 fans at Wembley' ... just? on a cold wet Monday? consider that's higher than Liverpool achieved for any CL game this season ... and Wembley in the cold and rain is a feckin' toilet ...

and 'Watford regret misses' .... seriously? that's a headline now .... pretty sure every team, player, fan regrets misses every week ...

and the classic 'strengthens Spurs chance of holding on to fourth' ... in reality it massively improves our chances of finishing third, but why look at the positives ...

Job done, maybe not well done, but done none the less ... 9 more points to close out another terrific season

Straight after the game (and against my better judgement) I looked at the BBC page and all I could see was melt cunts (supposed Spurs fans) slagging off everyone from Lamela and Sissoko to Kane.

I avoid social media as much as possible these days. It is infested by the sort of people that can only do their own shoes up if they are velcro.

I can't believe last week it was 25 degrees and tonight I had to dig out my winter coat, scarf, gloves and bobble hat! Bit of a tense 96 minutes. Although think we dominated, we just couldn't kill the game off. But I had a feeling it was going to that sort of game. So I am just grateful and relieved to have the three points in the bag. Tripps was my MOTM today, with Jan and Hugo not far behind. Dele was probably our best forward player, but nobody was particularly outstanding. However, don't give a flying fig for statics or criticism, tonight was all about the win -end of.

Monday night, subdued crowd and a break for 9 days , a ref who didn't turn up and all the meddling by the media spreading rumours about players leaving. It was a good 3 points and taken some pressure off. COYS

They got lucky we didnt score more, just offside goal, hit the post, Sissoko missed a sitter, Kane missed the ball with an open goal, we could have 6.

Hugo has made a few good saves, but most were down his throat, we have come closest and totally battered them
Some people just love a moan. Literally every Spurs fan on the planet would have taken 2-0 tonight.

Me everytime Jan nearly scores:
giphy.gif

Poor guy just can't catch a break, he deserves a goal this season too - he's been unreal.

It wasn't a pretty game but I'll take the 3 points all day long - edit: also thought Doucoure was pretty decent for them.

Last edited:
Bit of a limp display, but ain't great teams supposed to win when playing poorly? Or is that phrase only reserved for Utd?

Really fucked with the PL and the media tonight, all I've been hearing about is how Chelsea are breathing down our necks, yet not ONE fucking word of how we are breathing down the dippers necks! Even now sat in my car on the way home. They are crying that we won, fuck them.

Vertonghen AGAIN my MOTM & Sanchez was superb tonight. Well played Hugo, good lad stick two fingers up at those you pour scorn on you. Though Dele battled well without fizzing.

Up The Spurs!

(only two more games in this shit hole then we can go home)

If we finish 5th somehow, it'll be the ultimate humiliation considering what the gap was a couple of games ago. Like when we let a 13 point gap slip with Woolwich a few years back. Please do not catastrophically fuck this up Spurs, finish the season strong.

For the record I think we will finish 4th...just :levyeyes:

We need to remember it is in our hands. Chelsea still need to play Liverpool, so if we win our games we either get 4th comfortably or we nick 3rd off Liverpool.

I wanted Spurs to win the FA Cup as much as everyone, but I still think we've had a pretty decent season considering we've been playing from Wembley all season. Other than City having an incredible season and Salah literally saving Liverpool each week then we could have been talking about another title challenge. I know they are all what ifs, but to make out our season hasn't been a success is far fetched. Pundits were predicting us to finish 6-7th due to playing at Wembley.

Last edited:
Well, isn't TFC a river of enthusiasm in full flood at the moment?
There are some posters who come on here to do nothing but moan and whine. The stench of self entitled whingers is strong at the moment.
Thank god I don't suffer from depression, ten minutes on here and I'd be in the kitchen with my head in the gas oven.

Thanks to all the people who prefer to remain upbeat and who choose not to undermine the gems and beauties that this team has served up in the last season.

Though I'd usually agree with you, I think in this particular season I'd derive more enjoyment seeing Liverpool fall flat.

Another bonus of Liverpool somehow finishing outside the top 4 - there would be enormous pressure on the potential CL final and the scouse tears would be insane if they lost that and missed out on CL football next season as a result.

Our main tribal rivals are Woolwich and Chelsea.
To not only be top dog in London but also the only team in London playing CL football is quite unbelievable when you look back to the Sky Big 4. And the level of money Woolwich have generated over the last decade.

So the Scousers can do whatever. Preferably finish 4th behind us.

Just can’t say I’ve ever heard them sing the hitler song, refer to 3 point lane or generally just act like total cunts. My hatred for Chelsea is at a totally different level to my feelings about that club.

Back
Top Bottom