Spurs v Watford (Mon 30th)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

me too, I once woke up in a locked and totally switched off train in the sidings outside Colchester
I woke up because my alarm went off, 5 minutes after the train arrived, disgorged its passengers and parked up..... ho hum,

I still have no idea how I managed to escape.

Did you have any clothes on?

I moved out of 121 after 30 minutes of some 'geezer' telling the world that a) Poch had taken the club as far as he could and needed replacing and b) Levy had to 'spend big' to get some decent players in next season.
There's some right dickheads following this club atm.
Well maybe I'm a dickhead too. But I tend to agee with the second part (b). As do a large chunk of our fans
We're. either a big fish or we're not. And if we are we should always be looking to improve on what we have.

Last edited:
Btw is Dier contacted to do at least 1 dodgy pass leading to an opposition chance a game? And why does he ALWAYS try the Hollywood pass?
Indeed. He does give the ball away cheaply at times. I've noticed this for a few games now. Re-watched the game again and some of his passing was so casual, sloppy and on a few occasions bloody atrocious.
Like him, but he's gotta improve his passing (wonder passes against Chelsea aside)

You're welcome...

T'WAS MEEEEEEE!!!!

I was particularly pleased with Eddie the Eagle.... (though the Maggie Thatcher one missed the mark a little!!)

Im glad you enjoyed my work!!

Though I was still reeling when Son got taken off, and denied the possibility of my DELE-KANE-SON chant... alas, I may never have the chance unless they all score in THAT order in a game... still, 2 outta 3 ain't bad... though it was like watching an accumulator fall with the last race!!

(If only I knew you were in 127 alexwooty alexwooty ... would have said 'Ello!) I'd moved from 128 due to the INCESSANT droning and moaning from a coupla blokes behind me....
Ha great work! Eddie the Eagle was another good one... But you can't win' em all. If I see a guy with a scarf tied around his wrist again I'll say hi!

I’m a fully paid up member of the ‘Oh Moussa Dembele’ fanclub but last night he was all over the place...misplaced passes, slow to see opportunities etc. Hope it’s a one off (though mindful of the Pogba incident in the SF)
He was cautious and nervous last night, first time cant remember him dribble pass players or even stepping in the opposition half.

its the spend big bit that gets me.

Granit Xhaka cost 30 million, Dele Alli cost 5. Doesnt matter if they cost £1 and a commerative royal wedding teapot. Signing the right player(s) is the most important thing

Sissoko cost 30 million...... I think

makes the point, doesnt it. wrong player for a big fee. and cost 3 times what Eriksen did.

I dont get why people are more interested in a big fee than the right player, unless its so they can boast about it in the playground/by the water cooler, or wherever. Sissoko cost twice Eriksen and Alli combined. Im gonna go out on a limb and say that Eriksen and Alli were the better signings
Doesn't it just make the point that the market for football players is a very strange one? It does not behave as economists would normally expect a market to work.

Doesn't it just make the point that the market for football players is a very strange one? It does not behave as economists would normally expect a market to work.
I think it's because they are humans, and humans can do extraordinary things - not robots that just do the same thing to the same standard every time

makes the point, doesnt it. wrong player for a big fee. and cost 3 times what Eriksen did.

I dont get why people are more interested in a big fee than the right player, unless its so they can boast about it in the playground/by the water cooler, or wherever. Sissoko cost twice Eriksen and Alli combined. Im gonna go out on a limb and say that Eriksen and Alli were the better signings

Of course Eriksen and Dele were the better signings but we didn’t know that at the time as both were unproven

I agree we paid too much for Sissoko but that was in a totally different inflated transfer market

As you know I like Sissoko but am aware of his limitations
Keep him out of either penalty area, let him run about a bit, covering and tackling up and down the pitch and he does a job which neither Eriksen or Dele does
But that’s ok as both of them bring other skills to our side
It’s about balance and Poch is getting it right but plenty to do yet

your right, it doesnt. which i why i dont fuss if a playercosta snickers bar. its oif he is the right player that counts

there are others that seem to worry more about what was paid, as if it's the main indicatior of quality.
I agree, for example did we pay too much for Wilson Palacios?
Based on his ability probably, based on our need at the time definitely not.

May I point out that Lloris made some important saves for a below average Spurs performance. And VORM would have cost Tottenham this match had he played. He did in the FA Cup semi final.

Poch doesn't get everything right, and has his favourites, including his love-affair with Sissoko who booted it into row Z from point blank.

You cannot be sentimental in the big games, and playing Vorm was a terrible error which even the Sky commentator Bill Leslie said "It raised a few eyebrows".

Playing Vorm because he played the early rounds against Rochdale, etc, when they had much more important games in the PL and Champs League, was a stupid decision.

May I point out that Lloris made some important saves for a below average Spurs performance. And VORM would have cost Tottenham this match had he played. He did in the FA Cup semi final.

Poch doesn't get everything right, and has his favourites, including his love-affair with Sissoko who booted it into row Z from point blank.

You cannot be sentimental in the big games, and playing Vorm was a terrible error which even the Sky commentator Bill Leslie said "It raised a few eyebrows".

Playing Vorm because he played the early rounds against Rochdale, etc, when they had much more important games in the PL and Champs League, was a stupid decision.

I still don't get this - how exactly did Vorm cost us in the FA Cup Semi Final? He made some decent saves, and both goals were going past any keeper. Same would have happened with Hugo. Seems to be an agenda against him which is pretty unfounded in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom