Spurs v Watford (Mon 30th)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dunno sounded like everyone was shit and we were lucky Watford didnt score more than us

:pocheyes:

There’s always moaning during a match. It’s an emotional sport after all. Didn’t you say pretty much the same thing in defence of SausageVince SausageVince ?

Anyway, an important win this evening. Three very winnable games remaining, and we could even draw all three and still qualify for the CL now. A great chance of a top three finish when playing without a proper home stadium. I’d imagine most fans would have taken that at the start of the season.

Monday night, subdued crowd and a break for 9 days , a ref who didn't turn up and all the meddling by the media spreading rumours about players leaving. It was a good 3 points and taken some pressure off. COYS

But aren’t England allowed up to 5 teams in the CL like last year? So it wouldn’t matter if we finish 4th and Woolwich win the Europa league because we still get in. Or did they change that since last year?
But if Liverpool win the CL and finish 5th, 4th will miss out. This has been discussed in great detail.

I missed the first half searching for a stream.
Did Son do anything useful?
If not, I'd like to rotate him next game and get Moura a start, or at least 30ish minutes on the pitch.

There’s always moaning during a match. It’s an emotional sport after all. Didn’t you say pretty much the same thing in defence of SausageVince SausageVince ?

I didnt vote anyone into the bin for it tough

Anyway, an important win this evening. Three very winnable games remaining, and we could even draw all three and still qualify for the CL now. A great chance of a top three finish when playing without a proper home stadium. I’d imagine most fans would have taken that at the start of the season.

This

Not melting or owt as we won and are still on course for top 4, but I'm quite looking forward to this season ending now. The semi-final exit has really taken a lot of the wind out of my sails and our performances are basically like we're just limping over the line. How quickly it can all change.

Funnily enough we don't have some silly 'day' to highlight that fact. From now on they can play for mid table and we will take no notice of them.
It definitely felt monumental last year but I must admit it brings nothing but mild amusement this time round

Not really feeling the lack of love here and elsewhere.

It wasn't that pretty agreed, and some of our players look strangely knackered, but the 3 points were absolutely essential, given our poor recent form and the fight for a European Cup place at the New WHL.

I didn't have any problem with the subs, they were pragmatic and more or less worked, in the sense that they clogged up the midfield when it was needed.

That and Harry and Dele scored and Hugo kept well for a clean sheet and its all gravy here in the Madrid Sierra (snowed here today, forget your Sunny Spain tropes)

552978_tn.jpg

He has brought players in to the game with a couple of great headers. Held up the ball well. Nice pass for Ali. Nothing special but not bad. Certainly not worthy of the criticism put at him. He doesn't look injured to me. I quite clearly am going against the grain.

Much better 2nd half. Still maintain that he isn't fully fit and sharp as usual as he needed a lot of time to get fully into it but guess he secured that much needed 2nd. Still think it was crazy to play that pass to him for his goal that was flagged offside. Was it dier that was practically one on one. We all want him to win the golden boot but cant let that sway our decisions. Although why kane passed to sissoko is a mystery. Maybe he thought sissoko couldn't miss lol

Back
Top Bottom