Spurs Videos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Proper. More excitement in that game than 20 Mourinho matches. Dave Mackay's return to the Lane.

Pat Jennings, Alan Gilzean, Jimmy Greaves and an 18 year old Steve Perryman.

Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman

Greaves in his last full season with us, still managed a goal, a break for the 2nd, and 2 disallowed for offside, of which at least one looked on.

Pitch looked more like a beach.

Clough and Taylor really were genius's. Only 2 years before had joined Derby at the foot of the 2nd division. First season up they finished 4th, and 2 years later were Champions. Then got to the European Cup semis, beaten by Juve in very dodgy circumstances. I was only 10 when they battered us 5-0, but still remember the shock I felt like it was yesterday.

Absolutely no fluke as they replicated it all with Forest in almost identical fashion, except they also won the Euro Cup, twice. And won the title first season promoted.

Resigned from Derby in 1973, only a few months before Bill Nick resigned from Spurs. Often wondered what would have happened if the 2 events had happened closer and they'd joined us. The board probably wouldn't have wanted the hassle of old big mouth, and they wouldn't have wanted to move down south.

I imagine he'd have picked Hoddle very young and his team talk would have been simple - young men, win the ball and then give it to this young man, and then make runs, he'll find the one in space

Greaves in his last full season with us, still managed a goal, a break for the 2nd, and 2 disallowed for offside, of which at least one looked on.

Clough and Taylor really were genius's. Only 2 years before had joined Derby at the foot of the 2nd division. First season up they finished 4th, and 2 years later were Champions. Then got to the European Cup semis, beaten by Juve in very dodgy circumstances. I was only 10 when they battered us 5-0, but still remember the shock I felt like it was yesterday.

Absolutely no fluke as they replicated it all with Forest in almost identical fashion, except they also won the Euro Cup, twice. And won the title first season promoted.

Resigned from Derby in 1973, only a few months before Bill Nick resigned from Spurs. Often wondered what would have happened if the 2 events had happened closer and they'd joined us. The board probably wouldn't have wanted the hassle of old big mouth, and they wouldn't have wanted to move down south.

I imagine he'd have picked Hoddle very young and his team talk would have been simple - young men, win the ball and then give it to this young man, and then make runs, he'll find the one in space

I remember when they crushed us 8-2. In 1976. I nearly went to that but for some reason didn't. Silver linings.

An old video "England's Greatest Ever Team". They had Clough pick the team.

On Hoddle he said that he tried to sign him on loan for 6 months when he was at Forest.
He told Hoddle "Come and play for me and in 6 months I'll be able to tell you if you are a footballer or not".

On Wilkins he said he would of told him "You can play 4 to the left and 4 to the right, the next 2 you have to play forward.

On Shilton/Clemence playing a game each for England because Ron Greenwood couldn't tell who was better, he said" If he didn't know who was the better keeper, he shouldn't of been in the job.

On a similar theme "Greatest Ever Spurs Team" was picked by Venables.

Back
Top Bottom