Spurs Videos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone else see another Argentinian play for us - at Southbury Road in '84?
D-uVNSUWkAAFdmS.jpg

ER7s9-qX0AAw2Yb.jpg

Sat in West Upper for this, and as soon as the 5th went in practically everyone left. Funny how many claim to have been there to witness this game.
I was 14 at the time, streaming the game at home. At 2-1 (I think) in the second half my parents picked a massive row with me which resulted in me missing about 25 minutes. I came back to 7-1 and thinking what the fucking hell has transpired here?

I was 14 at the time, streaming the game at home. At 2-1 (I think) in the second half my parents picked a massive row with me which resulted in me missing about 25 minutes. I came back to 7-1 and thinking what the fucking hell has transpired here?
Funnily enough, my stream was shit and I missed a load of goals....seen the ninth one though...

Yeah, i posted about this when nutty naylor posted it, one of those games that sticks in the memory. I’m pretty sure Hoddle goes off injured and Roberts pushes up into midfield and puts in a blinder. He was a very underrated footballer Graham Roberts.
Other noticeable thing is playing just one striker, Perryman being excellent and Ricky Villa giving the ball away twice at the end and making no effort to track back.

Roberts was an excellent player, with a couple of top quality centre halves we could've picked up a league title around this time.

Other noticeable thing is playing just one striker, Perryman being excellent and Ricky Villa giving the ball away twice at the end and making no effort to track back.

Roberts was an excellent player, with a couple of top quality centre halves we could've picked up a league title around this time.

I think the early eighties team was a couple of quality players (probably a CB and Souness type in midfield) and a manager who was just a bit more savvy away from a title, One of the years our fixtures piled up and cost us too. but 87 I really felt we were good enough, in terms of the balance and way Pleat set us up.

Ricky Villa was a very Tottenham type, mercurial, could be brilliant or capable of great moments but could also be a bumbler, and a pretty lazy one at that. I mean, we all loved him (especially as a 16yo kid) but he was like a pre-curser to the type of players we frequently have had, the type of player that still haunts us today.

Back
Top Bottom