Spurs vs Fulham (a) 04.12.13

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No. People will engage you when they feel they can hammer you.

When they feel that you have a point, they will just stay quiet...

What do you feel about the Eriksen quote by the way?

No, people will hammer you when you troll and they cant engage you.

Eriksens quote? I think it shows there is a lot of learning going on, as expected.

No, people will hammer you when you troll and they cant engage you.

Eriksens quote? I think it shows there is a lot of learning going on, as expected.

So why do you engage me if Im a troll?

You dont think that after 19 games, a pre season and daily training since July, thats its a concern that according to Eriksen, the players still dont know what AVB wants of them?

Theres alot of learning, but it seems to me, judging by our performances, and this quote, and AVBs time at Chelsea, that he has a massive problem explaining his theory to his teams.

Or indeed signing the correct players to fit his theory.

So why do you engage me if Im a troll?

You dont think that after 19 games, a pre season and daily training since July, thats its a concern that according to Eriksen, the players still dont know what AVB wants of them?

Theres alot of learning, but it seems to me, judging by our performances, and this quote, and AVBs time at Chelsea, that he has a massive problem explaining his theory to his teams.

Or indeed signing the correct players to fit his theory.
I try not too. Difficult when you flood the board like you do, but I normally manage it. In this instance you quoted me, so I replied.

I think its a virtually new system this season, from the ground up. I think that takes time to settle down, 19 games not actually being that much.

I think your insistence on talking about "6 months" and "training since July" is a nonsense. Lamela, Eriksen and others werent in until the very end of August. The likes of Sandro and Lennon were injured. And even so, with the rest of the squad it still takes time to bed things in.

Our performances are fine up to the final 3rd, where clearly a lack of familiarity is at play. Again, Chadli injured, Eriksen injured, Lamela settling in - is it any surprise? It shouldnt be.

Eriksens quote was that they were learning, I see it not as a stick to beat the manager with, you do? Good for you.

Man City signed Negredo, Navas, Jovetic and Fernandinho. Topped with a completely new manager..

They seemed to have settled in better than ours..Their manager had 25 new players to work with.

Thats true they have done but Kompany, Toure, Silva, Aguero have all won the league and are spine of their team, they are like their King, Bale, Modric etc who they dont have to sell.

Anyway - lets see what happens, by the END of the season, we will know then without reservation whether AVB is the man for the job or not as he would either have the squad clicking in an acceptable league finish and maybe even a trophy or he wont and he may lose his job

Fine, then I will put you back on ignore. Do the same...it will save you alot of heartache and pain. I thought you were half decent, so took you off. Waste of time. Bye.

I dont put anyone on ignore, Im a grown up. And given the frequency with which you post no thread on the board would make sense if I did.

You will notice, behind the sarcasm, Ive actually answered your posts. Funnily enough, Ive noticed that whenever people do you run a mile, despite your constant protestations that you want people to engage...

Man City signed Negredo, Navas, Jovetic and Fernandinho. Topped with a completely new manager..

They seemed to have settled in better than ours..Their manager had 25 new players to work with.

And when we signed seven players, was anyone here or at the club cautiously talking about gelling and a season of transition?

No.

We were gonna WIN THE PL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you being related to Danny Blanchflower, and belittling his quotes about the beautiful game to defend the shit we are serving up now is fucking criminal.

Must really hurt you that he would agree with me on how the game should be played, and not you.
And spammy wonders why he is disliked.

Said it before, say it again, bringing family into the equation is pretty fucking low.

3 of those players are first team, so they have 8 others that are familiar with each other. Quite a different situation to ours.

And you cannot treat any two situations the same. Some players settle quicker than others, for so many different reasons. It's simply not possible to make a direct comparison. Do I wish ours had settled as quick as City's? Of course. But that doesn't mean we should sack the manager after a few losses, given the potential we have for success.

Back
Top Bottom