Spurs vs Fulham (a) 04.12.13

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have notice that any controversial comment about the coach or club that may run against the clubs agenda, the Forum Whips or spin doctors make an appearance and re-set the agenda of the thread……or am I being paranoid?

I have notice that any controversial comment about the coach or club that may run against the clubs agenda, the Forum Whips or spin doctors make an appearance and re-set the agenda of the thread……or am I being paranoid?

You are being paranoid.

I think any overtly negative comment is jumped upon, as a rule the majority like to support rather than slag off.
I think any stupid/unsubstantiated comment is jumped on. Same as any forum (football or not).
I think anyone critisising rationally gets taken seriously and debated with.
I dont think there is an agenda, though think people in general "want" to be optimistic.
Anyone who seems to be trolling will get jumped on.

MrS said:
Who is being lazy and dismissing it?
You were being dismissive,by comparing the Portuguese league to the SPL,and AVBs achievements to Strachan/ONeill.......a laughable comparison really.
MrS said:
They won their domestic trophy, as usual.
They won the league by 19 points.....is that usual?....they went the whole season unbeaten , how often does that happen in any top league?

You were being dismissive,by comparing the Portuguese league to the SPL,and AVBs achievements to Strachan/ONeill.......a laughable comparison really.

They won the league by 19 points.....is that usual?....they went the whole season unbeaten , how often does that happen in any top league?

Fuck his past. Hr is spurs now. I believe in him for what he has done now. He has got us top of the league at defense and midfield so far. No reason that be won't perfect the final third also.

You were being dismissive,by comparing the Portuguese league to the SPL,and AVBs achievements to Strachan/ONeill.......a laughable comparison really.?
The comparison (which I did not make) is not the leagues or coaches but the domination of a club within their domestic league. Whoever takes over at Porto will enjoy some success. Again I accept he had an exceptional year but he inherited a good club with a good side. At Spurs, he inherited a reasonable side , lets see what he can achive from last seasons points success (5th place) (4th place the season before)?

Yeah Levy was in a difficult situation but I wouldn't say Berbs financed the Modric move as Modric was already here and we were actively trying to keep the Bulgarian. I have my doubts as to whether Levy would have him back to but as a purely footballing decision it would make perfect sense. If Berbatov can't get Soldado banging them in then nobody could and he's just about the perfect lone forward.
Any reason why your last several posts have been disliked by Audere...?

We really weren't that bad in this game, contrary to many who feel Fulham were the better side.

We did revert to the 'side-to-side' game somewhat, but they parked the bus and defended rather well. They were extremely organised at the back, and we lacked movement in the final third, particularly Defoe, who seemed to continuously ask for the ball to feet with his back to goal and a 7ft defender breathing down his neck.

Also, contrary to most who said Dawson was poor, he actually had a really good game and marshalled and organised our defence well. One thing I do like about his game, he reads it well and tends to drop 5 yards deeper than his CB partner, often mopping up a pass that otherwise would've been more dangerous.

For those that are still angry and feel the performance was below par, you need to realise that any team in the league will take 3 points away from home, regardless of the performance. You get mad for losing at home - fair enough - but then winning away is not good enough either? When will you be satisfied?

Fulham were up for this game, whether that be the new manager, the 'derby', or just a realisation that they're in real trouble, but they played with a purpose, defending solidly and attacking swiftly. Berbatov inevitably had a great game, playing as the target man we all know he can be, and players ran off him well.

Some won't like me saying this, but we dominated possession away from home, which is half the battle in itself. If they don't have the ball, they can't score! It's as simple as that. Did we do a lot with our possession, maybe not, but we had it none-the-less, and we can only get better the more of the ball we have.

Lamela played well, made quite a few darting runs across the pitch, but the lads' confidence is low. He could've pulled the trigger a few times from the edge of the box but just took one more touch and lost the ball. Shame. But in general, he's moving in the right direction. A few games in a row will do him the world of good. Please AVB, play the boy!

Defoe - for me - shouldn't be starting games. He looked disinterested and his movement was awful, often making pointless runs. The one time he did skip past the centre backs, he put it so far over I'm not sure it's landed yet. He thrives off those chances, and to me it said alot that he didn't even test the GK, not to mention score. He laid on a couple of other chances but in general he wasn't good enough to be leading the line. A shadow of the player he used to be. Fair play to AVB for giving him 90 minutes, but I don't think he took his chance. Bobby back in next game please.

We showed good character to come back from a goal down, something I wasn't sure we had in us to be honest.

The fans were excellent, great atmosphere. Went quiet after the Dejagah goal, and a few moans and groans started, but Vlad's screamer soon put a stop to that, and we were jumping again til the end. Holtby scoring was a dream - the love the fans showed for that boy was a sight to behold. He looked genuinely delighted to have won the game, and showed his appreciation for the support by throwing his shirt into the away end. Daws also came over to clap us, followed by a few fist pumps, a nice touch from the captain.

Plenty of Yid chants throughout, which was nice to hear and get involved in. I didn't feel at all uncomfortable.

Anyone feeling abject and down after the win - :paulinhofacepalm:

Sunderland today - COYS!

Mill banks,
Some good points especially about the fans. But the point about Fulham playing well and were up for it, at the start of the game the fans were subdued and the players looked already beaten. But we allowed them to grow in confidence as we weren't peppering their goal, like most teams have done this season.
The fans started to believe in their team as they held us in the first half and realised they may have a chance.
We could've and should've put that game to bed by half time.
I hope we do exactly this at Sunderland today and don't sit back and allow them to gain in confidence.

You are being paranoid.

I think any overtly negative comment is jumped upon, as a rule the majority like to support rather than slag off.
I hate to remind you but this is an internet forum, we're not inside the ground now. Can say whatever we want about the club on here and it will affect nobody.

Mill banks,
Some good points especially about the fans. But the point about Fulham playing well and were up for it, at the start of the game the fans were subdued and the players looked already beaten. But we allowed them to grow in confidence as we weren't peppering their goal, like most teams have done this season.
The fans started to believe in their team as they held us in the first half and realised they may have a chance.
We could've and should've put that game to bed by half time.
I hope we do exactly this at Sunderland today and don't sit back and allow them to gain in confidence.
We certainly had a few good shooting opportunities that we didn't take, but 18 shots is still pretty good away from home, particularly as Townsend didn't have any of them!!!

Man Utd had 10 shots at Craven Cottage, Stoke 16, Cardiff 22 (but only 4 on target), Everton 19, West Brom 12, Woolwich 18.

For the billionth time, whether they once played or not, whether a club has a strategy of sticking with a manager or changing every 6 months, whether foreign or english there is no formula - its about whether AVB is right for Tottenham right now

I think he does have the players, people are missing the point, their frustration is clearly that they are underperforming and know they can do better, thats why it looks a little gloomy, just because a team not winning every week does not mean they hate the manager
Yes..
The frustration is clearly there, the players are under performing….why?…...

Are the players played incorrectly?
Are the players not motivated correctly?
Are the team tactics incorrect?
Are the players good enough?

Is AVB so good, the players can't comprehend his ideas on the pitch.

I feel supporters can ask these question without the, you must hate the manager response

nah not in as many words, though this, "I think any overtly negative comment is jumped upon, as a rule the majority like to support rather than slag off." makes it sound like it's the end of the world if you're negative on here

Look around, tell me Im wrong.

I was simply making an observation, not speaking on behalf of the forum. I think negative posters are jumped on, would you say otherwise?

when you put it like that of course I agree, as I've found out myself in the past 2 weeks or so lol

Not speaking of you directly, but if someone posts like a rant, or a bit hysterical, people will hammer them.

Come across a bit more considered and people will engage, no matter how negative you are ;O)

Not speaking of you directly, but if someone posts like a rant, or a bit hysterical, people will hammer them.

Come across a bit more considered and people will engage, no matter how negative you are ;O)

No. People will engage you when they feel they can hammer you.

When they feel that you have a point, they will just stay quiet...

What do you feel about the Eriksen quote by the way?

Back
Top Bottom