Spurs Vs Liverpool - Saturday 30th 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we offer to replay the match?

• Total voters
I think we can all agree that was blatantly offside.

They couldn't draw the lines because the players were blocking the view of the ball.
Have to go with the correct, on field decision.

:dembelelol:

Describe how mental you went when we scored..

We had a friend over, we hadn't seen her for ages and we got to know her twin daughters, who were really cool. When the game kicked off I left my wife and our friend in the garden, the two girls were watching a film indoors,

A t some point I went to the kitchen and one of the 7-year-olds asked me why I was shouting so much. I tried to explain, she seemed to accept in along the lines of "grown ups are weird".

Then they went to caxch their train, I was alone and going berserk. When Porrito hammered in the cross I totally lost it, thank god my wife, our friend and the young girls didn't see my insanity!

:skipwtf:

My sons knew we scored 2mins before our tv did.

We were just discussing how we scored as we were close to our own goal at the time.

Sort of lost all excitement due to knowing it was about to happen……

giphy.gif

I think we can all agree that was blatantly offside.

They couldn't draw the lines because the players were blocking the view of the ball.
Have to go with the correct, on field decision.

:dembelelol:
Couldn’t raw the VAR lines cos some Dipper supporting scouse cunt nicked the machine

Jones could easily have broken Bissouma's ankle and yet these idiots claim it was a hard red card

Gary Neville insists Curtis Jones did NOT deserve to be sent off

Gary Neville insists Liverpool midfielder Curtis Jones did NOT deserve to be sent off for tackle on Tottenham's Yves Bissouma​

• Curtis Jones was shown a straight red for a high tackle on Spurs' Yves Bissouma
  • Gary Neville says it was harsh as his foot slipped and Jones went in 'genuinely'
  • Former midfielder Jamie Redknapp says the sending off was 'extremely harsh'

Gary Neville insists Liverpool midfielder Curtis Jones did NOT deserve to be sent off for tackle on Tottenham's Yves Bissouma​

• Curtis Jones was shown a straight red for a high tackle on Spurs' Yves Bissouma
  • Gary Neville says it was harsh as his foot slipped and Jones went in 'genuinely'
  • Former midfielder Jamie Redknapp says the sending off was 'extremely harsh'
By ABDI RASHID FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 18:15 BST, 30 September 2023 |

Gary Neville has insisted Liverpool midfielder Curtis Jones did not deserve to be sent off against Tottenham.
Jones lunged in with a high tackle on Yves Bissouma and was initially shown a yellow by referee Simon Hooper.
Hooper was then invited to do an on screen review and after a delay in the game, Jones' booking was cancelled out for a straight red inside 25 minutes.
Neville believes it was harsh as the Reds midfielder's foot slipped having gone into the challenge 'genuinely'.
Speaking on Sky Sports, the former defender said: 'I know when you're doing someone. I've done it myself. It's showing the end motion which looks bad.
'His foot just slips. He's gone to tackle the ball. It's not a red card but he'll probably get one and it'll ruin the game.

'You can look at that one of two ways. You slow it down all day long and it looks like a leg breaker. It's one of the ones where he's gone in genuinely and his foot has slipped.

'I'm never sure anymore. My initial reaction is that wasn't a player looking to do the opposition player.'

Former Liverpool and Tottenham midfielder Jamie Redknapp mirrored those views as he claimed the sending off was 'extremely harsh'.

'It's extremely harsh. Any tackle you risk going over the top of the ball. Once he doesn't get it right, he gets on tip of it and it doesn't look good. For me it isn't a red, he doesn't look to hurt him,' Redknapp said.

'He doesn't mean to hurt him. It makes Spurs big favourites.'

However, Andros Townsend claims Jones deserved the red card. He said: 'Letter of the law, the force, it has to be a red card. He gets the ball but his foot goes over the top. For me and a lot of players it's a contact game.'

why dose Udogie speak with a french accent
i still feel he is unbelievable 20 years old ,twice early yellow against cunts, but never in danger of a second yellow in both games
fucking 20years!!!!!!! old

Last edited:
Does anyone have a clip of Udogie's BS foul and yellow that led to the Liverpool equaliser?
Have to say the ref done great but that was a silly decision.
My opinion about refs is factored by things they miss.
The only thing he missed today was early in the game when a Liverpool player stopped a FK being taken.

The red was correct. And the second yellow is indisputable for Jota, every game you get questionable first yellows .....we've had plenty this season......it's Jotas fault for being reckless on a yellow.

The only one that looks dodgy is the offside.

One bad decision and pool fans are out calling it the worst they've ever seen lol. Their victim complex knows no bounds

My god it’s ridiculous. VAR got it wrong but when ever those decisions went against us they never went through this, they just brushed it off and laughed! Fuck Liverpool, they have had more than enough decisions for them and the media start making them the victim once again! And now suddenly they have had concerns over it for a while. They’ll probably overturn the result and make us play the game again just so Liverpool can get their win and get their little selves moist with the excitement!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom