Spurs Vs Liverpool - Saturday 30th 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we offer to replay the match?

• Total voters

However, in a statement released after the game, PGMOL wrote: "PGMOL acknowledge a significant human error occurred during the first half of Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool.

"The goal by Luis Diaz was disallowed for offside by the on-field team of match officials. This was a clear and obvious factual error and should have resulted in the goal being awarded through VAR intervention, however the VAR failed to intervene.

"PGMOL will conduct a full review into the circumstances which led to the error.

"PGMOL will immediately be contacting Liverpool at the conclusion of the fixture to acknowledge the error."

Describe how mental you went when we scored..

We had a friend over, we hadn't seen her for ages and we got to know her twin daughters, who were really cool. When the game kicked off I left my wife and our friend in the garden, the two girls were watching a film indoors,

A t some point I went to the kitchen and one of the 7-year-olds asked me why I was shouting so much. I tried to explain, she seemed to accept in along the lines of "grown ups are weird".

Then they went to caxch their train, I was alone and going berserk. When Porrito hammered in the cross I totally lost it, thank god my wife, our friend and the young girls didn't see my insanity!

:skipwtf:
I have a 10 year old and a 6 year old and I'm strict with them about swearing and never swear in front of them. I was up against the television with the v's in klopps face while my eldest was shouting shove it up your arse!

I'm praying with every fibre of my being that our scouting department is working on creative midfielder targets that can play either alongside or in place of Maddison. We're in some serious trouble if he gets an injury.

Of course we are, not a single person at the club really believes players like Lo Celso and Richarlison are good enough. It just isn’t possible to do everything we need to do in one window. We will 100% add quality in January, we just have to pray that Son and Maddison stay fit until then. Hopefully in the next weeks Gil and Bentancur can return too and give us some different options.

We shouldn't get too wound up about VAR errors - they even themselves out over the season.

Didn't they used to say that about refereeing errors?

On the m25 on the way home now! Left it late but these last minute winners celebrating with my boy make it worth every penny and every second of the 6 hour round trip! Riding home on a wave of scouse tears tonight though 😂🍻:ange-arms:

Isn't it amazing that if we get a late winner, everyone seems to be hellbent on finding reasons as to why we didn't deserve it?

If roles had been reversed today they all be creaming themselves over Liverpool and calling us Spursy.

But you know, FUCK YOU ALL! Spurs are back and there's fuck all you can do about it!

That’s what they’re upset about. Not what happened but who it happened to !

Looks on, but anybody seen an image where they can actually see the ball leaving Salahs foot? The one getting tossed about is pretty well blocked by vdv. I’m sure it’s my bias, but I’m not sold it’s 100% on yet. Either way, karma.

i

I’ll keep saying it - we’re wing the league

giphy.gif

Wow just fuckin wow.
Decisions going our way, fortune going our way, players celebrating like us fans. .
Anyone else believe there is something special happening?
We've slipped into a different Multiverse. Don't worry - we'll soon drop back into our proper one.

Still early days but good start and honeymoon period. Interesting to see how we react if we get a couple of bad results. Still need a striker and another defender though. Were still work in progress. Van der ven and vicario magnificent signings. Maddison also.

Looks on, but anybody seen an image where they can actually see the ball leaving Salahs foot? The one getting tossed about is pretty well blocked by vdv. I’m sure it’s my bias, but I’m not sold it’s 100% on yet. Either way, karma.
Exactly - if that's VAR's best view, they can't overturn the decision.

:ange-facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom