Spurs Vs Liverpool - Saturday 30th 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we offer to replay the match?

• Total voters

However, in a statement released after the game, PGMOL wrote: "PGMOL acknowledge a significant human error occurred during the first half of Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool.

"The goal by Luis Diaz was disallowed for offside by the on-field team of match officials. This was a clear and obvious factual error and should have resulted in the goal being awarded through VAR intervention, however the VAR failed to intervene.

"PGMOL will conduct a full review into the circumstances which led to the error.

"PGMOL will immediately be contacting Liverpool at the conclusion of the fixture to acknowledge the error."
whoops GIF

Their fans want points or the game replayed. Can you imagine replaying a game every time there is a ref error? We would be replaying almost every game. Knowing the bias towards Liverpool though, you never know.
Then the CL final should have been replayed as well as they got that wrong penalty awarded when the ball hit the shoulder of Sissoko...

To think, this isn't even the final product.

We're 7 games in...
And that’s what I find fucking bizarre, we’re a few games in, with some dross still in the squad and a new coach but people still melt when weren’t not winning. I get it’s frustrating against ten men, then nine but it totally changes the dynamics of the game.

If we battered every team we would win the league, that’s just not going to happen. Some games will be shit but hopefully the team and coaches learn. We need some perspective and patience at times…

Some of these comments about playing like conte are so stupid. I really enjoyed the first half and thought we played really well, and to Liverpool’s credit they continued to make a game of it. Some great stuff from both sides.

I’ve waited a long time to enjoy watching is, sure we won’t always win but some great skill on display today

However, in a statement released after the game, PGMOL wrote: "PGMOL acknowledge a significant human error occurred during the first half of Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool.

"The goal by Luis Diaz was disallowed for offside by the on-field team of match officials. This was a clear and obvious factual error and should have resulted in the goal being awarded through VAR intervention, however the VAR failed to intervene.

"PGMOL will conduct a full review into the circumstances which led to the error.

"PGMOL will immediately be contacting Liverpool at the conclusion of the fixture to acknowledge the error."
Will PGMOL be contacting Spurs to acknowledge the error that led to Udogie being booked and the resulting free kick leading to their goal when he clearly made contact with the ball. Somehow I think not

A disallowed goal, a forward injured, two red cards and an own goal to lose the match in the last minute.

Thanks for visiting the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, dippers.

Please refrain from stealing any tires on your way out.

What a good day it is today.

And that’s what I find fucking bizarre, we’re a few games in, with some dross still in the squad and a new coach but people still melt when weren’t not winning. I get it’s frustrating against ten men, then nine but it totally changes the dynamics of the game.

If we battered every team we would win the league, that’s just not going to happen. Some games will be shit but hopefully the team and coaches learn. We need some perspective and patience at times…

Some of these comments about playing like conte are so stupid. I really enjoyed the first half and thought we played really well, and to Liverpool’s credit they continued to make a game of it. Some great stuff from both sides.

I’ve waited a long time to enjoy watching is, sure we won’t always win but some great skill on display today
Only the forum dunce said we still play like conte.

But yes, I think expectations are a little too high right now and there will be some setbacks because that’s football. We aren’t at Woolwich or Liverpools level yet. We could be by the end of the season.

Back
Top Bottom