Spurs Vs Liverpool - Saturday 30th 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we offer to replay the match?

• Total voters
I think the only thing they can really feel aggrieved about is the obvious goal that was disallowed. I was shocked in the moment and couldn't understand it, especially because they didn't even draw the lines.

The 1st one for me was a clear red, Bissouma gets to the ball first and it doesn't matter about intent, he went in studs high over the top of the ball. Red all day for me.

The 2nd is obviously a second yellow.

All that said, I thought for sure we were going to leave disappointed with 1 point. We had some great moments and Allison, has to be said, played out of his mind making two gorgeous saves at least that I can recall. Thought we were a bit too static with our passing around the top of the box, but it's also very difficult to break down a side that is as compact as they were playing, even if it's just 9 men.

I also think it's clear what a danger they are on the counter, it was clearly in our minds and kept us a bit hesitant at times. Our 1v1 defending of counters I actually thought was spectacular, all of the backline can be proud there.

At the end of the day, it's a funny old game and they kick it in for us.

I think Ange will be happy with the result and resolve, if not exactly the performance. What can't be denied though is he's instilled a tremendous mentality in the boys, we truly have that "we never stop" ethos we heard so much about.

On to Luton!

So, the VAR assumed a goal had been given and thought he was checking that he was onside, said check complete when he found that he was...but everyone thought that meant he was confirming the offside...couldn't make it up...

View: https://twitter.com/DaleJohnsonESPN/status/1708230855330877465

I mean, that's shocking.

It's also insane to me that they can't radio down because surely when the VAR sees the goal chocked off, they must realize a mistake was made.

Utterly incompetent.

I think the only thing they can really feel aggrieved about is the obvious goal that was disallowed. I was shocked in the moment and couldn't understand it, especially because they didn't even draw the lines.

The 1st one for me was a clear red, Bissouma gets to the ball first and it doesn't matter about intent, he went in studs high over the top of the ball. Red all day for me.

The 2nd is obviously a second yellow.

All that said, I thought for sure we were going to leave disappointed with 1 point. We had some great moments and Allison, has to be said, played out of his mind making two gorgeous saves at least that I can recall. Thought we were a bit too static with our passing around the top of the box, but it's also very difficult to break down a side that is as compact as they were playing, even if it's just 9 men.

I also think it's clear what a danger they are on the counter, it was clearly in our minds and kept us a bit hesitant at times. Our 1v1 defending of counters I actually thought was spectacular, all of the backline can be proud there.

At the end of the day, it's a funny old game and they kick it in for us.

I think Ange will be happy with the result and resolve, if not exactly the performance. What can't be denied though is he's instilled a tremendous mentality in the boys, we truly have that "we never stop" ethos we heard so much about.

On to Luton!
The offsides goal and jota’s 1st yellow were wrong (it was a foul but a minuscule accidental touch like that should not be yellow), as was udogie’s yellow, which wasn’t even a foul.

The difference is Udogie didn’t make a dumb challenge like jota did after he got his bullshit yellow.

Match of the day analysis boils down to: Liverpool are hard done by, the refs are awful and Micah Richards was devastated about the last minute winner. No actual match analysis whatsoever. None.

Fucking don't bother trying to hide it, lads.

Lamela at home on his comp seeing this god tier level shithousing
Well Done Reaction GIF by Got Talent Global

The offsides goal and jota’s 1st yellow were wrong (it was a foul but a minuscule accidental touch like that should not be yellow), as was udogie’s yellow.

The difference is Udogie didn’t make a dumb challenge like jota did after he got his bullshit yellow.
I mean, I didn't even consider that because refs get yellows wrong all the time. Hardly out of the ordinary.

Point is if you get a yellow, even if it's not a yellow, you can't do what Jota did and expect to stay on the pitch.

That is not at all what I saw. We were struggling to play our game from the start because of their press, and it was only after the sending off that we started actually playing the style we've had this season but even then we were constantly exposed on the counter and very lucky with the disallowed goal. And the fact that we couldn't break their 9 man defence for so long was alarming honestly.

I mean everyone is allowed their own interpretation of a match, but I'm very surprised you guys thought we played well. I though we looked so much worse than any previous game this season.
I am surprised you thought we didn't play well. Have you not watched the turgid garbage we've played for the last five seasons under JM and AC? How can (in their words) they be 'robbed', they had a goal ruled offside that should have been given.....so what? They didn't complain about the Sissoko or Skipp decisions.

This is the toughest test we've had to date yet you appear unable to accept performance might be affected. Depends what you compare it with I expect, rather than use the benchmark of playing against lesser opposition why not look at our past record against the mousers and judge accordingly?

I thought there were some sterling contributions from the lads and we also had an offside (rightly) effort chalked off, two excellent saves by their keeper and one hit the post so it could been more with a bit of luck.

I also thought we played better when they had 11 and had visions of a replay of the Newcastle comeback when they went down to 10 as I felt the 1st red red (although strictly correct under the current laws) rather harsh and worried their sense of injustice might galvanise them into a 'siege mentality' and so it transpired.

Last edited:
Match of the day analysis boils down to: Liverpool are hard done by, the refs are awful and Micah Richards was devastated about the last minute winner. No actual match analysis whatsoever. None.

Fucking don't bother trying to hide it, lads.
Loving the salt. Two reds, last second OG and a good goal disallowed. Fucking brilliant. Better than a 5-0 I’d say.

The bold bits. The rest is a little unsavoury.
Unsavoury is part of being a northern spurs fan. You have no idea of running the flag up north on an era of scouse and Manchester domination. When they weren’t winning everything it was the French nonce bagging trophies while we were gazing longingly like pricks.
I will take unsavoury today and wear it as a badge of honour.
I’m sure you didn’t want to come across as a cunt but you really did old boy.

Back
Top Bottom