Spurs Vs Liverpool - Saturday 30th 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we offer to replay the match?

• Total voters
Not an arrest I hope? I take it you had a blast?
Not often we beat those rats so I’m delighted you witnessed it
Haha no nothing like that. I had an absolute blast. I fucking detest Liverpool. I have a post on here from maybe 2014 that summarises my thoughts on them… and my feelings have only grown stronger. So it was the most blissful experience of my life. The ground was jaw dropping. I frequent the MCG in Melbourne that holds a tick over 100,000 at capacity and I can’t say that, even at fever pitch, it could match the swell I felt at the stadium. I was 11 rows from the front in the Sth stand, just right of the goal. I will treasure the match and experience for the rest of my days. I love you all. COYS

Loving the salt. Two reds, last second OG and a good goal disallowed. Fucking brilliant. Better than a 5-0 I’d say.

Just a bit of salt today, not too much.

Stephen Curry Bae GIF by MOODMAN

salt bae trump GIF

im salty rooster teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

We were really poor last 10 minutes of the 1st half.

And while we limited pool in the 2nd half, it was against 10 and 9 men.

Thought we were really sloppy trying to play short around the top of the box… lots of careless giveaways.
And at what point did anyone say we were the finished article? You seem to be missing some Anti someone in your disapproval.

Take a minute mate and look out the window. You're not driving the train.

Haha no nothing like that. I had an absolute blast. I fucking detest Liverpool. I have a post on here from maybe 2014 that summarises my thoughts on them… and my feelings have only grown stronger. So it was the most blissful experience of my life. The ground was jaw dropping. I frequent the MCG in Melbourne that holds a tick over 100,000 at capacity and I can’t say that, even at fever pitch, it could match the swell I felt at the stadium. I was 11 rows from the front in the Sth stand, just right of the goal. I will treasure the match and experience for the rest of my days. I love you all. COYS
Close the forum. This is the post of the century.
So glad you enjoyed a great win. Am about from 2pm tomorrow if you want a beer Mr Gear.

The offsides goal and jota’s 1st yellow were wrong (it was a foul but a minuscule accidental touch like that should not be yellow), as was udogie’s yellow, which wasn’t even a foul.

The difference is Udogie didn’t make a dumb challenge like jota did after he got his bullshit yellow.
Jota had gotten away with 3-4 fouls before that. Even scouse cheerleader neville said he was lucky not to be on a yellow before first yellow

We played some great stuff today , football in tight spaces that made me shout fuck me what are we doing , but the boys know what they are doing and I’m learning to trust them and it’s wonderful to watch , can’t believe people thinking we have egos , all I can see is a TEAM that wants to improve and win .
Playing it out from the back i was really impressed because it takes balls and we were inviting them onto us to create space for the pass to escape the press. No one panicked, thats where it can go wrong.

Last week against Woolwich they were lucky with a dubious penalty and OG whilst we got 2 good goals. A much better performance than today. it Was the inability to score against 10 & then 9 men that was poor. Yes pleased with the 3 points but not the performance or lack of it for much of the 2nd half. I said at half time the match was far from over but it should have been when they went down to 9 men.
in recent years after a result like this we would drop points against lowly Luton but let’s hope the new Spurs will just blow them away.
A major concern is Bissouma on 4 yellow cards this early in the season. It seems inconceivable that he will avoid a ban shortly and let’s hope it is not against a tough team.

Unsavoury is part of being a northern spurs fan. You have no idea of running the flag up north on an era of scouse and Manchester domination. When they weren’t winning everything it was the French nonce bagging trophies while we were gazing longingly like pricks.
I will take unsavoury today and wear it as a badge of honour.
I’m sure you didn’t want to come across as a cunt but you really did old boy.
I get it but I imagine it's harder for those living and working in North London.

I'm not saying it's easy for you either but at some point we have to rise above and reduce this place as some well of anger. It's pretty free and easy to do on here but it doesn't change much. People can vent obviously, but hate and anger quickly becomes bigotry

I don't see you as that guy.

Last week against Woolwich they were lucky with a dubious penalty and OG whilst we got 2 good goals. A much better performance than today. it Was the inability to score against 10 & then 9 men that was poor. Yes pleased with the 3 points but not the performance or lack of it for much of the 2nd half. I said at half time the match was far from over but it should have been when they went down to 9 men.
in recent years after a result like this we would drop points against lowly Luton but let’s hope the new Spurs will just blow them away.
A major concern is Bissouma on 4 yellow cards this early in the season. It seems inconceivable that he will avoid a ban shortly and let’s hope it is not against a tough team.
Hopefully he picks up a ban the game before AFCON.

However, in a statement released after the game, PGMOL wrote: "PGMOL acknowledge a significant human error occurred during the first half of Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool.

"The goal by Luis Diaz was disallowed for offside by the on-field team of match officials. This was a clear and obvious factual error and should have resulted in the goal being awarded through VAR intervention, however the VAR failed to intervene.

"PGMOL will conduct a full review into the circumstances which led to the error.

"PGMOL will immediately be contacting Liverpool at the conclusion of the fixture to acknowledge the error."
I'm.sorry, but in what other fucking fixture would they ever be so eager to admit an error?

Media mission statement:

Primary Aim: Be team agnostic but ensure we generate conversation / debate over unclear / unfair decisions so that the readers and viewers have a greater incentive to login and watch our adverts.

Secondary Aim: Continue to show outrage when the giants of the Premier League feel hard done by. We need to ensure that our reporters continue to have access to players and management thereby reinforcing the Primary aim.

Avoid: Talking about the actual football if one of the Templars actually manage to lose a game. Make it about decisions / workload / schedule. Deflect.

View: https://youtu.be/Ln9yywA5Cjs?si=ZPKoG5Sc7La_Vq92

It's not a media mission statement, it's a Premier League directive.

Gotta keep the poster boys sweet.

I guarantee you that the dippers will get 'favourable' decisions in their very next league game.

Back
Top Bottom