Spurs Vs Liverpool - Saturday 30th 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we offer to replay the match?

• Total voters
Last week against Woolwich they were lucky with a dubious penalty and OG whilst we got 2 good goals. A much better performance than today. it Was the inability to score against 10 & then 9 men that was poor. Yes pleased with the 3 points but not the performance or lack of it for much of the 2nd half. I said at half time the match was far from over but it should have been when they went down to 9 men.
in recent years after a result like this we would drop points against lowly Luton but let’s hope the new Spurs will just blow them away.
A major concern is Bissouma on 4 yellow cards this early in the season. It seems inconceivable that he will avoid a ban shortly and let’s hope it is not against a tough team.
We were also screwed over just last weekend when Nketiah wasn’t sent off

Fuck me not seen this much melting since it last snowed. Pool screwing over a decision as is the first time in their lives they've ever had something against them Vs more times then I can count for us. As usual apologies are only reserved for certain teams.
:ange-lol:
Pgmol, Liverpool fans, MOTD, sky sports won't have that though. Even the straight red was "ahhh that's an unfortunate I feel sorry for him" what about the player he almost cut in half? Same as nketiah on vicario last week. Total joke.

Probably going to be an unpopular comment but wish Maddison, Son et al didn’t jump around like they’d won the CL after the match. Don’t get me wrong, great win and happily take it, but finishing against a team with 9 men and an own goal to win it in the last secs probably didn’t warrant that type of reaction. A couple of smiles, hugs and waves to the fans would have sufficed. Just IMO

Probably going to be an unpopular comment but wish Maddison, Son et al didn’t jump around like they’d won the CL after the match. Don’t get me wrong, great win and happily take it, but finishing against a team with 9 men and an own goal to win it in the last secs probably didn’t warrant that type of reaction. A couple of smiles, hugs and waves to the fans would have sufficed. Just IMO
As long as the players know that they need to play better and keep trying to improve, I couldn’t care less.

Life’s too short to live your life like this mate. Let people be happy. It was a last minute win against a fantastic side we’ve waited so long for a win against.

Give me a break

That is not at all what I saw. We were struggling to play our game from the start because of their press, and it was only after the sending off that we started actually playing the style we've had this season but even then we were constantly exposed on the counter and very lucky with the disallowed goal. And the fact that we couldn't break their 9 man defence for so long was alarming honestly.

I mean everyone is allowed their own interpretation of a match, but I'm very surprised you guys thought we played well. I though we looked so much worse than any previous game this season.
No.
We won fair and square. Aside from their disallowed offside goal. Which was the most gratifying thing I’ve seen in many years. I’m so chuffed that they scored an OG to lose. In added time too. We are taking points and playing good football. Not a shred of sympathy for them. Horrible club, fans and manager.
I’d have taken a scruffy draw pre match cos we get fuck all usually.
Ange has got the party started

Great day out. Love the scouse tears. After all we have had to endure about them over the years, can go fuck themselves.

Only downside was a pretty unsavoury incident i saw as I was coming into a ground. A bloke in a spurs polo was being lead away by two stewards who he tried to headbutt and repeatedly called "fucking n******." Pretty shocking and I hope the guy does time for it. His son was there too and looked mortified

I'm guessing you are not management material. Teams that celebrate small wins like big victories with each other tend to over achieve.

You are right. We've won nothing. Keep on keeping on.

Aside from a few occasions we've been way too slow on the ball. We have two extra players out there, should be running them ragged. If this was the other way around they'd be 5 or 6 up here
I sad that too slow but some on here won’t have any of it. Totally if the other way round they’d be swarming all over us and I’m sure we would not be as strong defensively.

Great day out. Love the scouse tears. After all we have had to endure about them over the years, can go fuck themselves.

Only downside was a pretty unsavoury incident i saw as I was coming into a ground. A bloke in a spurs polo was being lead away by two stewards who he tried to headbutt and repeatedly called "fucking n******." Pretty shocking and I hope the guy does time for it. His son was there too and looked mortified
Bad scenes. I feel sorry for the boy. And on a good day too

Screaming for a clinical dispatch of a team that has finished above us for years is.

We too are in transition. 7 games in mate.What dues that have to do with playing v 9 men. Everyone says we are playing attacking football and have some great players. Need to show it. Two home games now where we have generally struggled to break teams down and this one v 9 / 10 men for majority of it. We need to be ruthless, brave and not get over confident. I swear at 1-0 you could almost sense some sort of cockiness.

Stay away from the ground. Football isn't for you. fucking hell. Can't even celebrate a good feeling anymore.. fyi Woolwich and saka celebrated an own goal last week. A goal, any goal, if scored in the last minute will send the fans and players mad.

So, the VAR assumed a goal had been given and thought he was checking that he was onside, said check complete when he found that he was...but everyone thought that meant he was confirming the offside...couldn't make it up...

View: https://twitter.com/DaleJohnsonESPN/status/1708230855330877465

I reckon its because of the pressure they are under to not slow the game down. Means they get on with the check at once almost as soon as the ball hits the net. Linesman is not supposed to raise flag until after the shot and doesn’t and so var doesn’t notice offside has been flagged like a second or two later on the cameras. The var or assistant var ought to be looking for it, i mean they know the flag wont be raised initially, right. But they didn’t. Unreal how unprofessional all referees are really. In this case though, i find it glorious. Its usually us this shit happens to and as a result the rules get changed (CL final handball against liverpool a case in point) they will have to change their process now, to look for what the actual on-field decision is and stating not just check complete but what they understand the outcome to be.

And while we're at it let's just celebrate goals with a polite round of applause from now on.

We haven’t overlapped once from out wide.

All we could do therefore is cut in to the area Liverpool have congested.
Indeed! It’s the stupid inverted full backs. We actually scored from a porro cross when his actually in a wide right position. One of the few times he was there! His so far in almost next CF most of the time he never sees the ball. Why bother with FBs just play inside left and right forwards. We are cutting our own throats with FBs tucked in so much. There is no help for the wide forwards and CBs have no out ball. Nor can the goalie look for them.

Kulu has to occasionally cross on his right
He kept on cutting back it passing backwards so often it was depressing. Pool loved it they didn’t have defend anything was too easy as they knew what he was gonna do. He never tried to go behind. For all his good work end product today was abysmal. Wish we could try him on the left and he could put crosses in with his left foot.

Back
Top Bottom