Spurs Vs Liverpool - Saturday 30th 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we offer to replay the match?

• Total voters
A geezer I worked with once did his military service in the Israeli Air force. There was this girl he liked whose dad happened to be turkey farmer.

One day when out in the jet he decided to try and impress her and did a low fly past over the turkey farm.

Unfortunately for him turkeys are very highly strung and most of them dropped dead.

Needless to say he didn't get the girl .
I know it shouldn't be, but that is one of the funniest things I've ever read!!

Fuck these cunts seriously , even if we got a dodgy VAR decision every game for the next 3 years it still wouldn’t make up for the injustice we have seen as a club , however we just bitch and moan on here and then get on with it, these cunts have taken it to the next level!
Absolute thunder cunts!

No. I understand the law of the game.

I'm coming at it from real football terms, not from what the law in the past decade with slowed down VAR decides.

Like, how Sissoko's handball wasn't intentional but it made no difference.
Whether he means it or not he went over the top of ball out of control and connected with a standing foot. Could have broke it in shit.
Son never touched gomes for everton yet got a red. No intent no connection but still a red.
This to me was intent and a bad connection with the ankle.
Clear red

Fucking bunch of obnoxious, self-righteous cunts these are! I fucking hate them more than Woolwich, I hope they let their bitterness from yesterday consume them and fuck their season right up.

I think being exposed on the counter is the reason VDV was signed and that Romero,Porro and Udogie all fit the system perfectly. Ange is happy for us to risk that to dominate in midfield and in the final third. There were a few times yesterday VDV was happy to give any of their front players 5 yards of a start.
It's working at the moment so no complaints.

"The correct application of the laws of the game did not occur". This type of language means they are going to try and get the match voided and replayed. I don't actually agree with the statement, getting an offside incorrect is not a breach of a "law of the game" so to speak or indeed an incorrect application of it.

I didn't actually think LFC would open this can of worms but here we go. Every club should launch appeals about every Liverpool blatant incorrect decision, we will be replaying every game due the bias for them shown by refs.

LFC statement:

"Liverpool Football Club acknowledges PGMOL’s admission of their failures last night. It is clear that the correct application of the laws of the game did not occur, resulting in sporting integrity being undermined.

"We fully accept the pressures that match officials work under but these pressures are supposed to be alleviated, not exacerbated, by the existence and implementation of VAR.
It is therefore unsatisfactory that sufficient time was not afforded to allow the correct decision to be made and that there was no subsequent intervention.
That such failings have already been categorised as “significant human error” is also unacceptable. Any and all outcomes should be established only by the review and with full transparency.
This is vital for the reliability of future decision-making as it applies to all clubs with learnings being used to make improvements to processes in order to ensure this kind of situation cannot occur again.
In the meantime, we will explore the range of options available, given the clear need for escalation and resolution."

"The correct application of the laws of the game did not occur". This type of language means they are going to try and get the match voided and replayed. I don't actually agree with the statement, getting an offside incorrect is not a breach of a "law of the game" so to speak or indeed an incorrect application of it.

I didn't actually think LFC would open this can of worms but here we go. Every club should launch appeals about every Liverpool blatant incorrect decision, we will be replaying every game due the bias for them shown by refs.

LFC statement:

"Liverpool Football Club acknowledges PGMOL’s admission of their failures last night. It is clear that the correct application of the laws of the game did not occur, resulting in sporting integrity being undermined.

"We fully accept the pressures that match officials work under but these pressures are supposed to be alleviated, not exacerbated, by the existence and implementation of VAR.
It is therefore unsatisfactory that sufficient time was not afforded to allow the correct decision to be made and that there was no subsequent intervention.
That such failings have already been categorised as “significant human error” is also unacceptable. Any and all outcomes should be established only by the review and with full transparency.
This is vital for the reliability of future decision-making as it applies to all clubs with learnings being used to make improvements to processes in order to ensure this kind of situation cannot occur again.
In the meantime, we will explore the range of options available, given the clear need for escalation and resolution."
Sick dick

Back
Top Bottom