Spurs Vs Liverpool - Saturday 30th 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we offer to replay the match?

• Total voters
"The correct application of the laws of the game did not occur". This type of language means they are going to try and get the match voided and replayed. I don't actually agree with the statement, getting an offside incorrect is not a breach of a "law of the game" so to speak or indeed an incorrect application of it.

I didn't actually think LFC would open this can of worms but here we go. Every club should launch appeals about every Liverpool blatant incorrect decision, we will be replaying every game due the bias for them shown by refs.

LFC statement:

"Liverpool Football Club acknowledges PGMOL’s admission of their failures last night. It is clear that the correct application of the laws of the game did not occur, resulting in sporting integrity being undermined.

"We fully accept the pressures that match officials work under but these pressures are supposed to be alleviated, not exacerbated, by the existence and implementation of VAR.
It is therefore unsatisfactory that sufficient time was not afforded to allow the correct decision to be made and that there was no subsequent intervention.
That such failings have already been categorised as “significant human error” is also unacceptable. Any and all outcomes should be established only by the review and with full transparency.
This is vital for the reliability of future decision-making as it applies to all clubs with learnings being used to make improvements to processes in order to ensure this kind of situation cannot occur again.
In the meantime, we will explore the range of options available, given the clear need for escalation and resolution."
Thsts svfuck lot of words to say Bollocks

You played the game? Ever accidentally went over the top of the ball with no excessive force? Cause that's what happened there

It's a shit law that a player gets sent off, just like it's a shit law that Sissoko's handball was a penalty
So it wasn't unlucky then, as the Red was 100% justified by the laws of the game.

Who cares?

Drink in the win. Enjoy it. All you go on about is how boring and slow we are while the rest of us are having a party.
I did drink in the win and the OG at the end was something else. But let’s put things into perspective. We had similar start last abd it unravelled. I’m just pointing where we can be better. Hopefully with time and few players back we can improve even more.

Back
Top Bottom