Spurs vs Liverpool

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The easiest way to deal with people isn't to ban them (people can always register under a new name) but to ignore them. Someone joins as a Liverpool fan, dangles a tasty morsel on a fishing line and gets 10 bites a minute... if everyone just ignored the guy fishing for reactions then he would go somewhere else to catch, wouldn't he.

Don't rise to it and they'll leave of their own accord.

The easiest way to deal with people isn't to ban them (people can always register under a new name) but to ignore them. Someone joins as a Liverpool fan, dangles a tasty morsel on a fishing line and gets 10 bites a minute... if everyone just ignored the guy fishing for reactions then he would go somewhere else to catch, wouldn't he.

It's an ideal certainly. It would be great if everyone managed it this way but It very rarely happens. We're all human beings, it's difficult to continually turn the other cheek when someone is being so antisocial. Plus it puts the emphasis of blame on the abused rather than the abuser, and at the end of the day, unless you're 12, saying "it's the internets" should not be an excuse to act like a complete cunt.

I don't see it as "victim blaming". The moral high ground is won by rising above it, not lowering yourself to their depths. It doesn't make the cunt any less of a cunt, or any more ok to have been such, but making yourself a cunt too doesn't really solve anything.

I agree it's a bit utopian, the idea that everyone would just let it go, but it would certainly work if it were attainable.

Someone will always feed them titbits even if they're not getting a full course dinner and so they live to fight another day. From a moral point of view i agree about taking the higher ground, but how will people ever learn that certain behaviour is unacceptable if they are continually allowed to act unchecked? Surely we have a "moral" obligation to try and challenge people's behaviour if we feel it is antisocial?

That's the thing about trolls - they know it's antisocial, that's exactly why they do it. For the attention. Challenging them, calling them out - that's what they want, it's what they're aiming for. They won't be having any moral epiphany because the people they're trying to antagonise get antagonised.
You mean like ArcspacE ArcspacE ?

Sadly people actually enjoy talking to people like that or people who they hate or think should be banned.

The say people should be banned but then keep talking to that same poster.
Just encouraging them to post more.

Most idiots only do it for attention.
Yet plenty are ready to give them what they crave.

I still think the majority have not worked out what the ignore button is for.
Or just ignore it by skimming over there posts.

I guess its similar to when theres an accident or someone is seriously hurt.

People say isnt that terrible whilst gawping at the victim.
Im sure thats just what they need after a horrible accident.
U dropping everything to stand & stare.
Cant possibly walk past or drive on.

Such & such poster should be banned.
Then as soon as they post those same people get all excited & reply to them before u know it.

That's the thing about trolls - they know it's antisocial, that's exactly why they do it. For the attention. Challenging them, calling them out - that's what they want, it's what they're aiming for. They won't be having any moral epiphany because the people they're trying to antagonise get antagonised.
I know. U get about 20 posters telling them there sick & to bugger off
Then the 21st poster comes along & tells them the same thing.
As though they are something really special. Much more special than the other 20 posters who told the troll off.
As though the troll will say wise sir, u are right. I realise my flaws & I know now what I have to do. I will be a better man thanks to u.

The old adage : It is not how big it is but how you use it!
So Merson waving his head around would suggest that he is an active dickhead!

Back
Top Bottom