Spurs vs Watford: Sat 8th April 12.30KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can't see the chavs dropping another 7 points, (but then I didn't think they would loose to palace) regardless as long as we keep the chase up and be there in case they do then the season is a huge success, and to think we are the only team still in the title race with all the injuries we have had is crazy.....
Indeed it is. We've had such clear progression over the last two years that I really don't think it's Liverpool-esque to have a 'next year is our season' kind of sentiment (at least, it would be if we didn't have Wembley possibly buggering up our home form).

Two years in a row, we've been fucked over by the (likely) league winners having zero European football to contend with, as well as having worse injury lists (ligament not muscular, so would be reluctant to blame any of the club's training regimes).
If we can get even better next season, none of the top sides are shaping up to be without european football in one form or another. I'd be nervous about resurgent Manchester sides... but every Tom, Dick, and Harry was thinking that'd be the case this year.

Keep the boys together. Add in a couple of bits of quality. The world could be our oyster next season.

Watford will give their all because they currently have 37 points. Another win for them and it's 40 and they're basically safe from relegation.

They won't relegate of course but still.

Haha! Someone on the wfcforums.com topic about this match:
we should be beating the likes of spurs

ATmxDt5.gif

Did you click the side story??

Here are five reasons Watford can beat Spurs.

It's been a long time, but…

The Hornets have not tasted victory at White Hart Lane since a 3-2 League Cup victory in 1994.

In fact, they've lost on all four of their visits to Spurs since then.

Long runs are there to be broken however, and they have already managed it once this week.
West Brom had not lost at Vicarage Road since November 1994, just two months after the League Cup victory, but that all changed on Tuesday night.

So if the Hornets could put that barren run to bed, they can certainly do the same on Saturday.

:avbcringe:

Spurs do 'a Spurs'

When Swansea were leading 1-0 with five minutes to go last night, social media was awash with people claiming it was 'typical Spurs'.

The door was slightly ajar in the race for the title thanks to Chelsea's loss at home to Crystal Palace, but they were slamming it in their own faces.

That, of course, did not happen and they produced a remarkable comeback to win 3-1. People said it shows a new found belief, a steel in the Spurs side.
It also showed that they can be frustrated with a disciplined defensive performance.

Watford can take heart from Swansea's display for the first 87 minutes, replicate it and make White Hart Lane a nervous place.

After all, it's Spurs isn't it?

:defoe:

It comes in threes.

Prior to the victories over Sunderland and West Brom, Watford had only kept back-to-back clean sheets once this season.

They were against Swansea and Middlesbrough in October, and they followed them up with a third against Hull.

All those teams are clearly not as good as Tottenham, but Watford can take heart from that run.

Keeping clean sheets has been difficult all season, with just six in the league and the defence will be slightly makeshift due to injuries and suspensions.

But Craig Cathcart has slotted in brilliantly at centre-back and Adrian Mariappa looked like he'd never been away on Tuesday, so Watford fans can dream!

:gallas:

North London? Easy.

It was one of the shock results of the season when Watford won at Woolwich in January.

Former Spurs man Etienne Capoue inspired the Hornets to the 2-1 victory just two days after they were booed off at Millwall.

They pressed Woolwich high up the pitch that day, winning the ball back in their opposition's half and not letting them settle.

It was not quite the all out 'Gegenpress' that Jurgen Klopp has become synonymous with, but it was a variation of that.

Klopp's Liverpool side have had the run over Spurs since he joined because their high press disrupts Spurs' pattern of play and Mazzarri should look for his players to do the same, as they did at the Emirates.

:dembele:

Niang > Sissoko

Β£30m.

Moussa Sissoko cost Spurs a hell of a lot of money in the summer for somebody who was part of a relegated Newcastle United side.

Admittedly, he did have a half decent Euro 2016 tournament with France, but, Β£30m.

M'Baye Niang on the other hand signed for Watford on loan in January, with the option of making it permanent for Β£15m in the summer.

The 22-year-old has already contributed more than Sissoko: two goals and two assists in eight league games compared to three assists in 19 league games.

Sissoko's performance at Swansea was widely criticised and if he's given another start on Saturday, Niang can use it as an opportunity to show his country what they're missing and inspire Watford again.

:dier:

child-writing-story.jpg

They have no defence.

Nada.

Zilch.

I work opposite a Watford season ticket holder who hates us for no reason and he's shitting it.

5-0.

Son with five offside backheels

I disagree. I think the difficulty of the away fixtures is what's key.

They have to play Manchester United, West Brom, Everton & Bournemouth away from home which are all games they could easily drop points in. I think only playing West Ham, Hull, Palace & Leicester away is a much easier set of fixtures.

Leicester and Palace aren't easy anymore, though we should be beating both. Hull are still far from safe and if they still have a chance when that game comes about they'll be up for it. Saying that, the league could be well and truly over come the final day anyway and West Ham are always up for their cup final.

The next two league games will either see us have a glimmer of hope or will hand Chelsea the title. We can go 4 points behind today. That's pressure on Chelsea heading into the late kick off.

It wasn't though.

I can only assume some folk on here think that all strikers have one of those Alien stomach things, and Janssen should have burst a spawning alien through his midriff to bounce it in.

janssen.png

If the ball was at any other height, it was in. It's just a prime example of bad luck

Back
Top Bottom