Spurs Youth 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, revisiting the argument on wether players should work on their physique. I could not help but notice that
Gareth Southgate has put Foden in the U21's as he is behind the others physically. What backward thinking by our England manager!
Mason Mount who is not as slight as Foden and playing in a lower league chosen for the senior squad. Go figure.
And Oliver Skipp won't be loaned out to clubs like Aberdeen for long as he is physically robust.
Mason Mount - total first team games 31
Foden - 8

I am guessing Mounts are mostly starts, if Foden wants to play for England he has to play.

Just to update and expand upon r-u-s-x r-u-s-x s post Mount played 29 times for Vitesse in Dutch top league, scoring 9 goals and this season 12 times for Derby in Championship scoring 3 times.

So aside from 41 first team appearances Mount has scored 12 first team goals - more goals than Foden has first team appearances.

Personally I would have waited a little while longer before calling up Mount, as I think one or two others have more experience (Will Hughes at Watford and Lewis Cook at Bournemouth for example), but aside from Mount's natural talents (which are good lets be clear), I think it may also be Southgate sending a clear message to Mount's club team mate Reuben Loftus=-Cheek 'if you are not playing for your club you are not being picked for England - go on loan'

Nice thought.

I've always thought he's 90% as good on the left to playing on the right as he's not 2 footed.

So good enough as a back up JB, but not a first choice. But always interested in how others see him, and indeed if KWP 'improves' as he's played LB for England quite a lot

I’ve still not watched it yet, Did KWP play the last 17 minutes at RB after Kenny went off and Dasilva came on?

Which clubs own England’s future? What the latest youth squads tell us about our academies

For the fourth year running, Chelsea lead the way with the most call-ups (23) among England’s six junior teams, trailed closely by Manchester City (18) and Woolwich (16). Those clubs have been top of the pile in each of the past three seasons, while Tottenham have also recorded double figures on a consistent basis.

BTW Their comment is Phil Foden has played 31 minutes in PL.

I’ve still not watched it yet, Did KWP play the last 17 minutes at RB after Kenny went off and Dasilva came on?

Didn't watch so cannot say. But D Silva is a LB/LW so it makes sense, although Chelsea fans claim he's very versatile. Mind you at that stage of the match Da Silva might have been playing as much as a forward as a defender

Ahab Ahab been putting anabolic steroids in all their pack lunches.
I would tell Kaziah Sterling to stop doing the bicep curls. (That's one exercise I never do).
He looks like he wants to be in the next Rocky film.
And his right arm looks bigger than his left. Leave it alone Rocky!

Last edited:

Looks like 3 at the back

Austin
Eyoma, Dinzeyi, Tangana
Hinds Duncan Bowden Brown
Oakley-Boothe, Sterling, Roles

Subs : Glover (GK), Reynolds (LB/mid), Patterson (wing), Richards (striker)

Good to see Sterling back for first appearance since injury in pre-season and Reynolds back after injury last season.

Several players with PL experience in the Leicester lineup (plus former Spurs u21 Ryan Loft), Simpson and King in particular versus our total Pl experience of about 5 minutes in that lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom