Spurs Youth 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
WindyCOYS WindyCOYS re the last update - when we had c. 10 players out on loan we had far less youth games to play, since then we've started playing reserve football again (U23 PL), qualified for the U19's Champions League and entered the Checkatrade Trophy.

If we don't fulfill fixtures in these completions we get massive fines. I think it's the system that limits our loans rather than Poch.

WindyCOYS WindyCOYS re the last update - when we had c. 10 players out on loan we had far less youth games to play, since then we've started playing reserve football again (U23 PL), qualified for the U19's Champions League and entered the Checkatrade Trophy.

If we don't fulfill fixtures in these completions we get massive fines. I think it's the system that limits our loans rather than Poch.
Bloggers know best tho innit

giphy.gif

Harvey White Spurs MoTm for me. Good performance especially 2nd half when he hardly wasted a ball. Game could have gone either way. PSV had a great 10 mins just before HT when they had some good chances. Superb defending from Walcott to clear a shot off the line. 2nd half Spurs had more possession but few chances, and the game got scrappy the longer it went on. 2nd goal a break when a PSV free kick into the box was cleared. Great pace from Bennett I think to outrun the defender half the length of the pitch on the left wing and cross for Parrott. The latter competed well all game, drew a lot of fouls. Played well as a target.

Narrow win. PSV good passing team.

Harvey White Spurs MoTm for me. Good performance especially 2nd half when he hardly wasted a ball. Game could have gone either way. PSV had a great 10 mins just before HT when they had some good chances. Superb defending from Walcott to clear a shot off the line. 2nd half Spurs had more possession but few chances, and the game got scrappy the longer it went on. 2nd goal a break when a PSV free kick into the box was cleared. Great pace from Bennett I think to outrun the defender half the length of the pitch on the left wing and cross for Parrott. The latter competed well all game, drew a lot of fouls. Played well as a target.

How did we line up Jan?

I take your point but the Checkatrade is optional and we could cover the U19 UEFA Youth League with our Academy squad, which is currently larger than usual.

Thanks for this! I was at work so didn't get to see the game so appreciate the run-down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom