Spurs Youth 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rules will change also on signing young players from abroad as we are out of the EU.
Will not be able to sign players under 18.
I think this is a good thing as not a lot of these prove successful. Apart from Woolwich of course with fabregas and bellerin...stolen from Barca.

Playing is good. But sitting on the bench for the majority of the time, and getting the very odd cameo is not. Loans and playing regularly are way, way better than being a bench boy for years. Which imo is one of the reason why Walker became great and Naughton (who iirc was seen as the greater talent) became a championship player, why Onomah haven't really got going yet, and why KWP stagnated for at least a couple of seasons.

Which is, incidently, why I suggest a full change of squad strategy meaning that players coming on for games and even starting some, well in those XVIII there are at least 1-3 of those younger players.

Bennett. Edwards. Naku.

what do you think for him ?
Only 15 years old
giannis sarris

Better than me, which is saying a lot as I scored on average three goals a year playing in the highest of leagues in the pacific northwest as a youth. If it weren't for that torn rotator cuff, I could have been the next US great.

But seriously, he looks heavy on his feet, but I guess better than the people he is playing against. Do you know him? Are you his agent?

ATM JM seems to be doing it - involved Tanganga last season, has name checked Cirkin and White to be in the squad this season whilst playing both those two plus CCV and Bowden against Ipswich last week with Skipp, Eyoma and Parrott on loan to develop this season. That's 8 youngsters of whom realistically 2/3/4 realistically could be in the Spurs squad in the next 2 years on merit

Not to mention involving Devine and Scarlett whose time will come.

True, although has yet to prove it over season.

Jake was way better than his career shows. So was Mason.
Mason was a great prospect, with a great attitude to work and self improvement. If he hadn't been unfortunately injured setting up the winner that kickstarted our 2016 season (3 draws and a loss in 4, even loyalists were saying Poch needed to get a grip), then I think he could have been a regular starter and England International.

JL I haven't kept a track of since leaving but he really didn't show much while here imo.

From the way the U23s are listed, do we suspect Poch Jr is being tried out at RB?

Also, it looks like BLF was playing in midfield.

----------------------

Spurs Under-23s 3-1 Colchester United
Spurs: De Bie (Oluwayemi 46), Pochettino, Georgiou, Marsh (c) (John 59), Okedina (Richards 59), Trialist, Markanday (Pedder 81), Lyons-Foster (Skinner 87), Sterling (Etete 66), Roles (Cooper 81), Tracey.

Pace maybe, but wasn't he a 400m runner as a teenager? Should have loads of stamina
I didn't know that.
Watching him, he doesn't seem to have that burst of pace to get away from an opponent,
Since he often arrives late in the box, you're probably right about the stamina. I'd need to watch him for a number of matches where he played 90 minutes to judge his overall engine and ability to keep going until the end of a match.
Onomah and Edwards had that "X factor" when they beat a player at youth level and strode away. They were good on the eye in a fashion that Roles never has been. But that doesn't mean Roles can't be a very effective player in the classic Moneyball sense.

Interestingly Alfie Whiteman is now listed on the first team page of OS.

Brandon Austin is still listed on the u23 page of OS.

I guess that means Whiteman is staying at Spurs next season (as 3rd or 4th GK) whilst Austin is loaned out.

And as Whiteman can no longer qualify as an u21, he will take up a Club Trained place along with Kane, Winks and potentially taking the 4th Club Trained spot is either Rose or Carter-Vickers - potentially both Rose and CCV could stay but that means one less 'overseas' trained or 'Other Association trained spot (and we already have 4 under UEFA rules - Dele, Doherty, Hart and Sessegnon).

Most likely means Gazzaniga is thought to be off, leaving Hart as 2nd GK (shudder ?)

So if Rose stays (to wind down his contract) we cannot keep CCV as an extra CB for EL games at any rate. Might need to bite the bullet and pay off Rose if he declines moves as I'm not sure he's good enough to play LB for Spurs any longer ?
As it stands for EL
ASSOCIATION (4)
HART1
DOHERTY2
ALLI3
SESSEGNON4
CLUB TRAINED (4)
ROSE1
CCV2
WINKS3
KANE4

I don't think there is a snowball's that Rose will be in the EL squad so Whiteman will surely just take his slot?

As it stands for EL
ASSOCIATION (4)
HART1
DOHERTY2
ALLI3
SESSEGNON4
CLUB TRAINED (4)
ROSE1
CCV2
WINKS3
KANE4

I don't think there is a snowball's that Rose will be in the EL squad so Whiteman will surely just take his slot?

That is my guess too - can't see Rose impressing JM to be a LB option.

But also assumes we get an acceptable offer for Gazzaniga, and we don't buy another top class GK for example.

Still a few things spinning round, but when they all land at end of TW most likely outcome I think is that Whiteman becomes our 4th Club trained player.

Of course its also possible that its an IT error and Whiteman was moved to first team by mistake !

Last edited:
That is my guess too - can't see Rose impressing JM to be a LB option.

But also assumes we get an acceptable offer for Gazzaniga, and we don't buy another top class GK for example.

Still a few things spinning round, but when they all land at end of TW most likely outcome I think is that Whiteman becomes our 4th Club trained player.

Of course its also possible that its an IT error and Whiteman was moved to first team by mistake !
Whiteman has been in the 1st team list for a while now, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom