Spurs Youth 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Delighted to see he's out on loan - just not sure how high level this one is ?!

I think the fact he's a UK-US dual citizen may have played into this. A few other observations:

Their no1 has 66 caps for Peru so he may not play many games.

MLS is an odd league. It looks like the Championship played at 1.5x speed. Good thing is that the style is quite British- ie lots of crosses, and keepers aren't mollycoddled like they are on the continent.

It's also a brutal schedule. Orlando will play away in places like Montreal, Toronto, Boston, NYCx2 (at least - maybe Vancouver and LA x2 depending on the fixture computer) which have very different climates to south Florida. Clubs are also only allowed to charter planes for 4 journeys a year so there's lots of waiting around for connecting flights.

Standards of physical fitness is generally extremely high - the yanks take their sports seriously.

Having read all that I don't think that makes the loan decision any clearer - certainly one to keep an eye on.

I think the fact he's a UK-US dual citizen may have played into this. A few other observations:

Their no1 has 66 caps for Peru so he may not play many games.

MLS is an odd league. It looks like the Championship played at 1.5x speed. Good thing is that the style is quite British- ie lots of crosses, and keepers aren't mollycoddled like they are on the continent.

It's also a brutal schedule. Orlando will play away in places like Montreal, Toronto, Boston, NYCx2 (at least - maybe Vancouver and LA x2 depending on the fixture computer) which have very different climates to south Florida. Clubs are also only allowed to charter planes for 4 journeys a year so there's lots of waiting around for connecting flights.

Standards of physical fitness is generally extremely high - the yanks take their sports seriously.

Having read all that I don't think that makes the loan decision any clearer - certainly one to keep an eye on.

Strange loan if they have a 30 year old Peru international GK as sitting on a bench all the time cannot be the game plan for him - hope it means Orlando want some tough opposition for him.

Austin has looked good for Spurs u23's and played all the time at Viborg (Danish second league) on loan for half a season, so hoping he shows that and gets plenty of playing time.

Hopefully he comes back able to compete for 2nd or 3rd GK place at Spurs

Great to see Walcott back and Devine starting for the U23s.

Win puts us top.

A few good things to come put of the u23 match :

- J'Neil Lloyd Bennet scoring being one of those. IMO he's one of, if not the, best AM's (of an admittedly poor selection of AM's- its our weakest position) in the academy. The 19 year old can play either RW or LW and made a very decent striker for a couple of months in his first year in the academy. He's been out injured for a month or so, and hasn't played as much as I had hoped/expected this season in u23's.

- Malachi Fagan-Walcott (18 year old CB) being back is excellent news - been out injured for a good 6 months so hope to see he comes back to his best asap. Was given a cameo against Leipzig and highly rated by coaches.

- Jamie Bowden came on as sub, have a feeling he's still not fully match fit after coming back from his injury. Hope this run out helps him gets back to his best.

Will they ever start broadcasting these youth games.

In the press conference today Jose basically said the talented youth players are all in the 16 years old group and there is nobody aged 18 or 19 that he fancies.
What Mouhino said :

'And, honestly, I don't know if I should say it or not, the players that I feel are more talented in the academy are not the eldest ones.

"They are very young. We are speaking about kids of 16-year-old, we are not speaking about 18 or 19, let's say men that just need the last push. I feel that the biggest talents are very, very young.

"Of course we have to help in their development in collaboration with the academy but we have to wait a little bit more."

Can't disagree that Scarlett and Devine (both 16 year olds) are probably the most talented in the academy - but he doesn't say he cannot use some of the older ones, just that they are not as talented.

I suspect he is not including in his comments those on loan (eg Skipp, Sessegnon, White, Clarke, Parrott) in his quote and imo there are probably half a dozen of the other u23 players who he might want to involve in the first team - including Cirkin and Walcott who he said he liked last season but have been injured this season, and a few others.

Probably the 23 team (assuming a 4231 formation) :
Oluwayemi,
Fagan-Walcott, Lyons-Foster (c), Omole, Lavinier
Marsh, Thorpe (Bowden 67),
Pochettino (Bennet 67), Devine, Markanday.
Etete,​

Substitutes (not used): Kurylowicz, Mukendi.

Goals - Bennett (2)

Spurs u18's play Woolwich away at 11 am on Saturday (Edit - late change to 12.00).

Scarlett likely to start given he was not in u23 squad.

Possible line up :
Lo-Tutala (c),
Lusala, Muir, Paskotši, Hackett,
Matthew Craig, Michael Craig,
Whittaker, Mundle, Santiago,
Scarlett.​

Others who may be in squad : Hayton, Cesay, Casanova, Robson, John, Whittaker Mathurin. Donley.

Last edited:
Spurs u18's play Woolwich away at 11 am on Saturday (Edit - late change to 12.00).

Scarlett likely to start given he was not in u23 squad.

Possible line up :
Lo-Tutala (c),
Lusala, Muir, Paskotši, Hackett,
Matthew Craig, Michael Craig,
Whittaker, Mundle, Santiago,
Scarlett.​

Others who may be in squad : Hayton, Cesay, Casanova, Robson, John, Whittaker Mathurin. Donley.
This on YouTube by any chance?

Strange loan if they have a 30 year old Peru international GK as sitting on a bench all the time cannot be the game plan for him - hope it means Orlando want some tough opposition for him.

Austin has looked good for Spurs u23's and played all the time at Viborg (Danish second league) on loan for half a season, so hoping he shows that and gets plenty of playing time.

Hopefully he comes back able to compete for 2nd or 3rd GK place at Spurs
MLS runs March - December and this summer there is a Copa America coming up, and there will be world cup qualifiers spread out through the year. Gallese is Peru's number 1 so he is going to be off on international duty quite a bit.

If Brandon can nail down the number 2 position he will get a decent amount of games because the MLS does not usually take a break for the Copa or for international duty. So he can get the games when Gallese is off with Peru.

Back
Top Bottom