Spurs Youth 2021/22

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A mistake forcing a completely unready Scarlett into the side this year for European games, should have been Markanday and Clarke prioritized. Could come back to bite us.

A mistake forcing a completely unready Scarlett into the side this year for European games, should have been Markanday and Clarke prioritized. Could come back to bite us.

Mark and Clarke have put up good stats and look good in the highlights I have seen.

Mark and Clarke have put up good stats and look good in the highlights I have seen.
Not that either of them will be first team players for us, in an ideal world you'd hope they improve to that level, but you have to at least give these guys a chance at 19/20 if you have a rubbish competition like Europa Conference to compete in. A joke, really.

Not that either of them will be first team players for us, in an ideal world you'd hope they improve to that level, but you have to at least give these guys a chance at 19/20 if you have a rubbish competition like Europa Conference to compete in. A joke, really.
The ECL has been a shambles. Making 11 changes and sending senior players like Davies abroad with a bunch of kids was an insult.
Proper opportunities to test our kids completely torpedoed by dumb Nuno.

you can't play kids against men, you need around 8/9 experianced players with 2/3 kids then subs are kids for kids experiance for experiance that way the kids learn
what we have is a second 11 (what should be our experiance players) who are not bother or don't care
we have all seen it we have to bring on our first 11 players to save/win a game (think back to the FA cup Match last week)

you can't play kids against men, you need around 8/9 experianced players with 2/3 kids then subs are kids for kids experiance for experiance that way the kids learn
what we have is a second 11 (what should be our experiance players) who are not bother or don't care
we have all seen it we have to bring on our first 11 players to save/win a game (think back to the FA cup Match last week)

Agreed, although Redknapp did well in some games with a higher proportion of youngsters starting - a case in point being against Dundee having won the first leg 5-0, Kane got his first start (aged 17 I think) with a number of other inexperienced youngsters to get a 0-0 draw, but it did give youngsters experience.

Of course its also true he got matches horribly wrong often when he had a couple of first team regulars, some fringe players and maybe a couple of youngsters (with the side looking as if it had never met each other before) in games against a decent level club who turned up with their first team.

So I think preparation is key - which includes youngsters likely to play in these game training with the first team for a few weeks so all the get familiar with each others abilities and even a practice match or two so the team gels a little. But its also true that the fringe players need to be showing they want to play and are willing to include a couple/few youngsters - otherwise no matter how good the kids, the rsult will be poor

First appearance for Abbott I think, and Linton and Heaps are not regular starters.

A very young team of first year academy lads, a couple of u16's with very few 2nd years

First appearance for Abbott I think, and Linton and Heaps are not regular starters.

A very young team of first year academy lads, a couple of u16's with very few 2nd years

Match Repot

Maguire (2nd Year) , Abbott (1st Year) (sub Bryan-Waugh 57, 1st Year ), Linton (1st Year) (sub. Hackett 51, 2nd Year ), Willhoft-King (u16) , Dorrington 1st Year) , Sayers (c) (2nd Year - joined last month), Bloxham (1st Year) (sub McKnight 75, 1st Year) ), Heaps (1st Year), Williams (1st Year) , Kyerematen (1st Year), Amo-Ameyaw (u16).

Substitutes (not used): Krasniqi, (u16) J Davies (2nd Year).

Note the starting line up - 7 x 1st Years, 2 x u16's, 2 x 2nd Years,
On the bench - 2 x 1st Years (both subbed on), 2 x 2nd Years (1 subbed on), 1 x u16

A young inexperienced starting line up and not that much experience on the bench, but a good result

An analysis of the 12 x 2nd Year Academy players and why so few were included in u18's yesterday (and generally this season) :

Playing up in u23's/first team (2)
Alfie Devine, Dane Scarlett

Rarely Selected for u18's (and my guess both will be released in summer) (3)
Dante Casanova, Khalon Haysman, Oliver Turner

Not selected for u18's yesterday (not seen for a while - injured ?) (2)
Adam Hayton, Renaldo Torraj

Lengthy Injury (1)
Roshaun Mathurin

In the squad yesterday (4)
Aaron Maguire, Jez Davies, Jordan Hackett, Charlie Sayers

Spurs u23's v Blackburn u23 on Monday kicking off at 7 pm at the Stadium.

Interesting comment 'While January inevitably brings about changes to his squad as some players look to gain first team opportunities in the EFL and overseas during the transfer window, Wayne expects whoever takes to the field on Monday and throughout the second half of the season to maintain the high standards he demands.'

I'd hope he's referring to a number of players leaving to go on loan, rather than just Markanday leaving.

Kion Etete moves from League 2 club to a League 1 club, after good first half of season

Robins boss Michael Duff commented on his signing saying: "He has been out on loan and had a successful loan at Northampton. He's 6'4'', runs in behind, can hold it up, we think he's a good young player so we're delighted to have him.

"He came on the radar in the summer but we weren't quite sure he was ready for League One but kept tabs on him. So we think he's going to be a good addition to the squad."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom