Spurs Youth 2021/22

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Clarke came on after 61 mins.

Sunderland won and are promoted to the Championship. From a Spurs point of view the most important thing make be that Spurs are supposed to have a buy back clause of £6m for Dennis Cirkin which expires in June 2023 .... which would give him a season in the Championship ..... so might be very handy.

I'm not sure if Clarke has done enough for Sunderland to ask Clarke to be on loan with them next season.

No great surprise - he had one season where he played a number of games for Spurs u18's (not sure he's made an u23 start yet) and he got 7 starts with Potters Bar, but Spurs have a number of good youth goalkeepers coming through, so there is a lot of competition.

It would not surprise me if we lost another youth keeper as well - one or more of Ouwayemi (despite a call up from Nigeria NT), Solberg (Norwegian u19), and even Maguire (R of I and E youth keeper) might be candidates for moving on.

Clarke came on after 61 mins.

Sunderland won and are promoted to the Championship. From a Spurs point of view the most important thing make be that Spurs are supposed to have a buy back clause of £6m for Dennis Cirkin which expires in June 2023 .... which would give him a season in the Championship ..... so might be very handy.

I'm not sure if Clarke has done enough for Sunderland to ask Clarke to be on loan with them next season.
Have you watched much of Cirkin at Sunderland. I’ve watched 2 or 3 lge games plus play offs and final.
He has been left side cb quite a bit and looks ok there. He is quite big for a full back, or even a wing back.
Not set the world alight but a season in the championship should show what sort of level he is at.

Have you watched much of Cirkin at Sunderland. I’ve watched 2 or 3 lge games plus play offs and final.
He has been left side cb quite a bit and looks ok there. He is quite big for a full back, or even a wing back.
Not set the world alight but a season in the championship should show what sort of level he is at.

Watched a little but not that much. Always been tall and well built for his age. This is first season playing mens football and he ben out twice for about a month at a time, so I think he's done ok without being a standout player, and I don't think he looks to have improved this season as I had expected. But he is only just age 20, which would be young to nail down a place as a regular starter.

A 2nd season playing mens football, and at Championship level will be a far better guide as to whether we want to exercise our buy back option, even if we decide to loan him out again. But its nice to have the option

Watched a little but not that much. Always been tall and well built for his age. This is first season playing mens football and he ben out twice for about a month at a time, so I think he's done ok without being a standout player, and I don't think he looks to have improved this season as I had expected. But he is only just age 20, which would be young to nail down a place as a regular starter.

A 2nd season playing mens football, and at Championship level will be a far better guide as to whether we want to exercise our buy back option, even if we decide to loan him out again. But its nice to have the option
Would presume the buy back is dependent on Cirkin wanting to return to us. Would that be right.

Would presume the buy back is dependent on Cirkin wanting to return to us. Would that be right.

Ultimately Spurs need to get Cirkin to agree a contract at Spurs if we want to play him, but the buy back is an agreement with Sunderland to sell the player at a certain price which does not require player consent - so in theory he could be bought and sold to a club who Cirkin wished to play for.

One benefit of CL football is that Spurs u19's will automatically play in the UEFA Youth League which is good experience for the youngsters.

Players at the upper end of the age group would include Alfie Devine and Dane Scarlett, but they might be loaned out or with Spurs first team - but if the latter it might be useful to get minutes in Youth League (although there may be rules about not playing much CL football to play in Youth League). More likely beneficiaries in that age group may be Rochaun Mathurin and Charlie Sayers.

But the age group to most benefit will include Jamie Donley, Jaden Willliams. Alfie Dorrington and Rio Kyeremarten

One benefit of CL football is that Spurs u19's will automatically play in the UEFA Youth League which is good experience for the youngsters.

Players at the upper end of the age group would include Alfie Devine and Dane Scarlett, but they might be loaned out or with Spurs first team - but if the latter it might be useful to get minutes in Youth League (although there may be rules about not playing much CL football to play in Youth League). More likely beneficiaries in that age group may be Rochaun Mathurin and Charlie Sayers.

But the age group to most benefit will include Jamie Donley, Jaden Willliams. Alfie Dorrington and Rio Kyeremarten
Oh, yeah I used to enjoy those games on BT, I think?

Makes it a good day of footie to see the EUFA Youth League at Enfield and then the evening CL match at WHL.

Match I most remember (on BT Sport) was v Barcelona about 3 years ago now - Harvey White played as a CB (only time I think he's played there in a competitive match) and ended as MoTM after Spurs won 2-0. Just a sensational performance
Assuming that Conte rates him high enough it will be interesting to see what position Conte wants him to play. My guess is LWB.

Assuming that Conte rates him high enough it will be interesting to see what position Conte wants him to play. My guess is LWB.

White can certainly play LWB but I don't think its best position - has a great cross from the left (and he can from right too) but doesn't have any great speed and his defensive skills are average/adequate although his anticipation/reading of the game is good.

He played a few games at Portsmouth as LAM and was quite good (ie further forward than LWB) but still think a CM role gets the best out of him, but we shall see.

The Terbourg Tournament is held on the upcoming Friday/Saturday/Sunday.

Our u19 squad will be :

Dermi Lusala, Maksim Paskotši, Thimothée Lo-Tutala, Nile John, Yago Santiago Alonso, Matthew Craig, Romaine Mundle, Jordan Hackett-Valton, Charlie Sayers, Adam Hayton, Dante Cassanova, Jezreel Davies, Renaldo Torraj, Aaron Maguire, Jaden Williams, Maxwell McKnight, Brandon Bryan-Waugh, Jahziah Linton, Jamie Donley, William Andiyapan, Alfie Dorrington, Thomas Bloxham, Billy Heaps, Rio Kyerematen, George Abbott, Riley Owen

By Position :

GK's - Lo-Tutala, Maguire, Hayton

Defenders - Lusala, Paskotsi, Hackett, Sayers, McKnight, Bryan-Waugh, Linton, Andiyapan Dorrington

Midfield - John, Alonso, Craig, Mundle, Casanova, Davies, Torraj, Bloxham, Heaps, Kyerematen, Abbott, Owen

Forwards - Willliams, Donley

Am being told the above was a provisional squad set to Terbourg for them to check player eligibility - the final squad travelling will probably be same squad less about 8 players to be a 18 man squad

The full squad (including coaches) at the Terbourg Tournament

1Adam Hayton
2Dermi Lusala
3Charlie Davis
4Matthew Craig
5Alfie Dorrington
6Charlie Sayers
7Romaine Mundle
8Jack Grieves
9Jamie Donley
10Nile John
11Yago Santiago Alonso
12Jaden Williams
13Aaron Maguire
14Tobi Adeyemo
15Billy Heaps
16Rio Kyerematen
17Jahziah Linton
18George Abbott
ManagerWayne Burnett
CoachPaul Bracewell
Fitness CoachMatt Allen
PhysioJack Percival
Goalkeeper CoachDean Brill
CoachTom Hart
Performance AnalystAlex Vinall

I'm guessing the three 'unknowns' are on trial from Watford

Last edited:
The full squad (including coaches) at the Terbourg Tournament

1Adam Hayton
2Dermi Lusala
3Charlie Davis
4Matthew Craig
5Alfie Dorrington
6Charlie Sayers
7Romaine Mundle
8Jack Grieves
9Jamie Donley
10Nile John
11Yago Santiago Alonso
12Jaden Williams
13Aaron Maguire
14Tobi Adeyemo
15Billy Heaps
16Rio Kyerematen
17Jahziah Linton
18George Abbott
ManagerWayne Burnett
CoachPaul Bracewell
Fitness CoachMatt Allen
PhysioJack Percival
Goalkeeper CoachDean Brill
CoachTom Hart
Performance AnalystAlex Vinall

I'm guessing the three 'unknowns' are on trial from Watford
Or just doing Watford a favour. Didn't we take some Ipswich lads to tournaments a few years ago?

Back
Top Bottom