Spurs Youth 2021/22

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Last 20 mins of Sunderland game for Clarke for anyone interested (+Ex-spurs Pritchard, Cirkin and Luongo)

There was a head injury too so will be at least 5 added minutes later

*Wednesday just scored (1-1 on agg) so as it stands there will be another half hour

Last edited:
Terbourg u19 tournament on 27 - 29 May is for players born after 1 January 2004, with a maximum of 5 players up to a year older.

So for the 5 older players its a choice of Timothee Lo'Tutala and Isak Solberg (both GK's) and Dermi Lusala, Maksim Paskotsi, Matthew Craig, Yago Santiago, and Romaine Mundle - a total of 2 GKs and 6 outfield players. But Spurs historically only take a couple of older players (and sometimes none at all).

And the players born after 1 January 2004 its any of this seasons Academy Year 2, although I doubt if Scarlett and Devine will play as they are more likely to play in Spurs first team pre-season and I doubt if Roshaun Mathurin will be fit. So I'd expect a few of this years Academy Year 1 (perhaps Donley and Williams to provide strikers) and even this years u16's to go with a squad size of around 18 players in total.

A number of youngsters have been training with first team this week or last week - Harvey White being joined by Marcel Lavenier regularly (an obvious RWB/LWB cover), Matthew Craig, Malachi Wallcott, Maksim Paskotsi and today Kallum Cesay and Charlie Sayers (for the first time ?).

Possibly a few more not seen.

Dominic Ball, ex youth, has had a book published . Winning teams to Broken Dreams ....proceeds to charity. Available on Amazon.
About his journey through Spurs youth then to Scotland, currently at QPR , contract ends next month.
He was on Talksport this morning. Sounds a decent lad and could be quite interesting about his life at Spurs.
He mentioned a mate of his at Spurs who was released at 17yrs old. First name Mason. Disappeared without trace.
It is strange that sometimes these lads who are obviously talented footballers just seem to pack in playing because they haven’t made it as a pro.

Dominic Ball, ex youth, has had a book published . Winning teams to Broken Dreams ....proceeds to charity. Available on Amazon.
About his journey through Spurs youth then to Scotland, currently at QPR , contract ends next month.
He was on Talksport this morning. Sounds a decent lad and could be quite interesting about his life at Spurs.
He mentioned a mate of his at Spurs who was released at 17yrs old. First name Mason. Disappeared without trace.
It is strange that sometimes these lads who are obviously talented footballers just seem to pack in playing because they haven’t made it as a pro.

My nephew did that. Was on the books of a London club from 8-18. Then let go without warning. Tried a few non-league clubs but admitted he had been spoiled by the better standards and jacked it in. Doing well for himself in Corprate Finance now.

My nephew did that. Was on the books of a London club from 8-18. Then let go without warning. Tried a few non-league clubs but admitted he had been spoiled by the better standards and jacked it in. Doing well for himself in Corprate Finance now.

Been happening for years. For example go back to about 2004 and one player in an England u16 v Wales u16 match stood out - Welsh centre forward Scott Thyer head and shoulders better off than any one else and THE poster boy for Wales youth.

Lots of PL clubs chasing him, he had been playing for Swansea, but Spurs signed him. Played in a pre-friendly for Spurs u21's scoring a goal despite being aged 16, entered Spurs academy but didn't play much at all, rumours circulated that he didn't like training etc, and at end of first season in academy (they usually sign a 2 or 3 year scholarship) it was announced he had left.

The odd rumour in the next few months of possibly been spotted training elsewhere, but nothing proved. Either way, never seen playing anywhere again. Totally disappeared.

Incidentally I think the 'Mason' that Dominic Ball was talking about could have been Mason Bush who was said to be very highly skill full ...... but almost never played for Spurs youth before being released. And never heard of in professional football but there's a player of that name who recently played at Aylesbury United .... might be the same guy.

Thyer came back for a pre season about two stone heavier. I recall him being a decent player but he was all power and little quality.

I think Bush was a skinny blonde lad. If it's who I think it is he looked way out of his depth whenever I saw him.

Fair play to Dom Ball. I'll give his book a read.

Spurs/PL announced retained and released lists at the end of May in 2021, so time to speculate !

Firstly our possible First Year Academy for 2022/23 :

Carey Bloedorn (GK) - u18 Bench yesterday
Elliot Krasniqi, (GK) - regular on u18 bench
Maeson King (Defender) - His Instagram says Spurs u16 ,
Pele Arganese-McDermott (Defender) - Signed from Luton last year, but no recent sightings
Jayden Meghoma, (Defender) - played for u18's in Feb
Archie Chapman (Defender) - regular u18 player recently
Leo Black (Midfielder) - on u18 bench yesterday
Gabriel Willhroft-King (Defender/Midfield) - Played for u18's in Feb.
Riley Cooper (Midfielder) - Played for E youth listed as Tottenham
Sam Amo-Ameyaw (AM) - regular for Spurs u18
Tyrese Hall (AM) - Has played for Spurs u18's
Oliver Irow (Striker) - regular scorer for Spurs u16

So that's our likely 12 players for next years Academy, all but two of which have recent links to Spurs, so still a chance for a couple of changes ?

Full list of next season's expected Academy Year 1 scholars above - King possibly one of last to sign his contract

Been happening for years. For example go back to about 2004 and one player in an England u16 v Wales u16 match stood out - Welsh centre forward Scott Thyer head and shoulders better off than any one else and THE poster boy for Wales youth.
I got the impression that our academy was just poor at developing players then. Not professional at all. I heard about a guy who'd been at both Spurs and Palace as a youth and said their set up was streets ahead. Focused, professional, supportive. All the obvious stuff but we wen't doing it. So many must have slipped through the net.

I got the impression that our academy was just poor at developing players then. Not professional at all. I heard about a guy who'd been at both Spurs and Palace as a youth and said their set up was streets ahead. Focused, professional, supportive. All the obvious stuff but we wen't doing it. So many must have slipped through the net.

Yes John McDermott joined about that time who changed a lot of things in academy coaching, cultural, everything

Back
Top Bottom