Spurs Youth 2021/22

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Early information on players released is that Haysman Hackett Cassanova, Torraj and Davis are being released.

So with 5 2nd years being released, I guess the Watford trio might be seen as potential replacements on trial ?

Or just doing Watford a favour. Didn't we take some Ipswich lads to tournaments a few years ago?

Yes but probably a decade ago - the Ipswich youth coach (Klug and a mate of McDermott) had been at Spurs a year or so before after getting sacked by Keane (then Ipswich manager) but returned after Keane left and that's when we did him a favour by taking 2 or 3 Ipswich lads. Not repeated since. Any youngsters only taken on trial

Injured a few weeks into the season, just coming back to be prepared for next pre-season. I'd guess he may be given a 3rd year scholarship rather than a pro contract after missing almost a year through injury - but showed so much in his first year he might just get a pro ?

Shame about Ryan Fredericks, but think he's staying in PL at Southampton or Fulham.

Our released and retained lists should be public shortly - they had to be submitted to PL earlier this week
David Martin used to be a yoot at Spurs...he's 36 now. Bro Joe is 33 and on Ebbsfleet's books, also an ex -yoot.
Alvin's "boys."

As you may know, one of our former Spurs Youth, Dominic Ball, has written and had published a book, "From winning teams to broken dreams", in which he tells the story about his and his friends' aspirations to become professional footballers. The book, imo, does well to portray the ups and downs of talented players chasing their dreams through English youth football. An interesting read that gives some insight into their struggles.

I would recommend it to anyone who finds youth football fascinating, and to anyone who ever utters about a professional footballer things like "He is shit" or "a fraud".

Lost 1-0, Mundle missed a penalty.

Next match at 16.00 (local time), 15.00 UK time

Spurs Under 19’s 0-1 Fluminense: (match report) 2nd match

we lost the 3rd and last group match 2-0

We now face Borussia Mochengladbach tomorrow (Sunday)

As you may know, one of our former Spurs Youth, Dominic Ball, has written and had published a book, "From winning teams to broken dreams", in which he tells the story about his and his friends' aspirations to become professional footballers. The book, imo, does well to portray the ups and downs of talented players chasing their dreams through English youth football. An interesting read that gives some insight into their struggles.

I would recommend it to anyone who finds youth football fascinating, and to anyone who ever utters about a professional footballer things like "He is shit" or "a fraud".
Cheers for that.

Here's his Wiki entry

Warburton appears to rate him, took him to Rangers and then to QPR. Ball has played 85 games for QPR over 3 seasons. MW without a club right now as QPR didn't extend his contract. Is Ball well-established enough to thrive under a new manager? Where will Warburton next appear? He's got a decent record so if he wants to stay in the game he's bound to get a job somewhere.

Will get the book

Spurs Under 19’s 0-1 Fluminense: (match report) 2nd match

we lost the 3rd and last group match 2-0

We now face Borussia Mochengladbach tomorrow (Sunday)
In 2 of the matches the writer gives MoTM to the keepers. Adam Hayton and Aaron Maquire.

Cheers for that.

Here's his Wiki entry

Warburton appears to rate him, took him to Rangers and then to QPR. Ball has played 85 games for QPR over 3 seasons. MW without a club right now as QPR didn't extend his contract. Is Ball well-established enough to thrive under a new manager? Where will Warburton next appear? He's got a decent record so if he wants to stay in the game he's bound to get a job somewhere.

Will get the boo
Unfortunately Dominic has been released by QPR . Should get another club I would think

In 2 of the matches the writer gives MoTM to the keepers. Adam Hayton and Aaron Maquire.

We lost last game 1-0 so ended with the wooden spoon.

Only scored one goal in 4 games. My guess is that the leaks that we have released almost all the 2nd year Academy scholars (normally the main year group represented in u19 teams) meant the squad had a lot of first year academy players not able to deal with a combination of physicality and experience of the average older players in opposing sides.

I suspect the appearance of the 3 Watford players we took means we recognise we have a shortage of good academy players, and my guess is that we will try to recruit several youngsters this summer to fill the gap of the 2nd year academy players we have released. Whether that includes any of the 3 Watford players we took remains to be seen.

Doesn't mean we don't have some decent academy players coming through, its just there are less of them than we might have hoped. Against that Spurs u16's have been scoring for fun this season so if their form continues into next seasons Academy Year 1, it might just be a temporary blip

We lost last game 1-0 so ended with the wooden spoon.

Only scored one goal in 4 games. My guess is that the leaks that we have released almost all the 2nd year Academy scholars (normally the main year group represented in u19 teams) meant the squad had a lot of first year academy players not able to deal with a combination of physicality and experience of the average older players in opposing sides.

I suspect the appearance of the 3 Watford players we took means we recognise we have a shortage of good academy players, and my guess is that we will try to recruit several youngsters this summer to fill the gap of the 2nd year academy players we have released. Whether that includes any of the 3 Watford players we took remains to be seen.

Doesn't mean we don't have some decent academy players coming through, its just there are less of them than we might have hoped. Against that Spurs u16's have been scoring for fun this season so if their form continues into next seasons Academy Year 1, it might just be a temporary blip

Let's hope we are going for quality over quantity.

Back
Top Bottom