Spurs Youth 2021/22

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Didn't see who made the bad back pass for goal 2 but the scorer is left footed and BLF should have been getting him on his right foot not showing him the left.

Bennet with the 2nd goal, lovely curling shot.

Chelsea commentaors unusually complimentary about Spurs - possibly because Chelsea only got out of their half about 4 times in first half ' 'Best 3 players in first half were all Spurs, Markanday, White and Devine'

In Second half 'Spurs running riot in final third'

Other players to have beeen complimented include Bennet, Lavinier and Fagan-Walcott.

Spurs really have been a class above Chelsea all game, just dominating them. Extraordinary that Chelsea have scored - could easily be 5-0 to Spurs.

Pick of the bunch was Harvey.
Lavinier a bit up and down. He's a RB and was playing LB.
Markanday surely must get a loan and grow up. Not literally of course. :rolleyes:
Devine intermittent.
M Craig surprisingly good...

Markanday, Bennett, White, Devine, Lavinier and Craig all looked quite good. I like Muir as well, he could use an extra yard of pace and makes the odd silly mistake but has a bit of class about him. Mad that Devine only just turned seventeen, he's about two years younger than most on the field, reminds me of Mason Mount a bit.

Pick of the bunch was Harvey.
Lavinier a bit up and down. He's a RB and was playing LB.
Markanday surely must get a loan and grow up. Not literally of course. :rolleyes:
Devine intermittent.
M Craig surprisingly good...
Thought they all played well but Devine, White, Bennett and Markanday stood out the most to me.

Devine is insane for his age. His weight of pass is so consistently good.

Sessegnon got 45 mins in which must be good news, albeit probably another week or two to get fully fit.

If we had a striker to play - whether Scarlett, Etete, Parrott or even Donley I think we would have scored ,more and won comfortably.

But we definitely have some quality players at this level - Dilan Markanday a real live wire throughout even though he's tiny, Harvey White set pieces and general play outstanding, Alfie Devine despite only just being 17 looks a top player, J'Neril Bennet a constant threat on the left wing, and Marcel Lavinier equally an attacking threat but also defended well. Not a lot of defending to do but liked Malachi Fagan Walcott.

Womder if a number of scouts at the game looking at potential loanees ?

He had a great game but shame about the pen, not sure why he did a stuttering run up only to put it straight at the keeper. Scott Parker would be rolling in his grave if he were dead.

The penalty was just crazy. Too much at a good height for the GK and not close to a corner.Only thing right was it was reasonably powerfully hit.

I hope he's told to go back to his old penalty system where its ball goes hard and low into a corner or even up high ...... and never tries to do what he did this evening as its too easy to be saved

Danny Rose at the match tonight...

E87x17_WQAgfqXb

Danny has had his problems but underneath it all he is obviously a great bloke.
Hope he does well at Watford. It was said that he was brilliant with the youth when he was working with the under 23’s. Good luck to him , could turn out to be a top youth coach.
At least he got to go up north....to Watford.

Back
Top Bottom