Spurs Youth 2021/22

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

sounds like you were at the match ? If so feel free to give your views on the individual players that caught your eye
Watched it online but missed the first 30 mins, Alonso looked earlier on and cesay did well.
And like a said white should of had a hat trick missed a sitter and set pieces wasn't as good tonight.

Really strong performance tonight. Not a bad performer but for me the stand-outs were probably Markanday, White and Clarke. I also thought Muir and Lyons-Foster (playing DM) were very impressive. But honestly everyone played well. Santiago's pressing as the striker was truly excellent and he had some good footwork on occasions too. This was a genuinely excellent team performance, as was the first half against Woolwich. Lots to work with with this group.

Apparently Mundle was injured quite badly in the warm-up and so Lavinier came in for him and Cesay played RW, whereas he was due to start LB.

the stand-outs were probably Markanday, White and Clarke. I also thought Muir and Lyons-Foster (playing DM) were very impressive. But honestly everyone played
Glad to see Markanday do so well, like I said he's a small guy and I was wondering whether he'd get muscled out by pros.

BLF is interesting. Again, pos a bit small to be CD, esp as we've so many bigger and taller ones throughout the age groups. Glad he did well in a diff position, DM. Do you think that he could be as good there? He brings the ball out of defence well.

Cheers for that

Glad to see Markanday do so well, like I said he's a small guy and I was wondering whether he'd get muscled out by pros.

BLF is interesting. Again, pos a bit small to be CD, esp as we've so many bigger and taller ones throughout the age groups. Glad he did well in a diff position, DM. Do you think that he could be as good there? He brings the ball out of defence well.

Cheers for that

BLF has played as a DM in u21's for most of pre-season and current season games. Makes sense given the competition at CB.

Best of luck to him on loan, Leaves us a bit short on attacking options at u21's ?

Bloody hell, could be a long season

one point from 5 games , that was first day of the season, so 4 straight losses

Character building or what.

Hopefully he can produce some chances for another incomer - Scott Kashket, striker from Wycombe

First chance of a game weekend after next, away at Shrews, fellow strugglers

Indeed, best of luck mate

Mad really, having such a technical malaise for 5-6years, we have re-focused and seem stacked (or getting stacked). Two full internationals is weird, though Chelsea probably have 10 knowing them (just saw some youth I'd never heard of go to Russia with a £17M loan to perm option, how many of them do they have???).

PS. What's Markanday got to do to get a call up? Surely U21's should give him a squad place on his form this season (or U20's if there is one).

Mad really, having such a technical malaise for 5-6years, we have re-focused and seem stacked (or getting stacked). Two full internationals is weird, though Chelsea probably have 10 knowing them (just saw some youth I'd never heard of go to Russia with a £17M loan to perm option, how many of them do they have???).

PS. What's Markanday got to do to get a call up? Surely U21's should give him a squad place on his form this season (or U20's if there is one).

Despite Poch not bringing players through, I think we have always had a decent selection of players joining (although sadly no route to first team meant Noni Madueke and Luis Binks et al moved away too early to get into first team coaches clutches).

The one good thing Mourhino did was to take the brakes off Spurs youth with re-introduction of loans and seemingly more genuine first team action in cups and pre-season. And it really has worked a treat, although I think it will be another year before we really see a lot of youngsters looking more first team ready.

Markanday probably could be called up by England and India (where I think his parents originate from - apologies if that is incorrect).

But I think Markanday has changed a lot over the summer, much more muscle changing him from a 'lightweight' right winger (like Marcus Edwards) to someone able to put his head down and play an Aguero/Defoe like powerful but short (say 5 foot 6 inch ?) striker role wiith excellent accurate powerful shot on him - maybe international coaches have not seen the new look player yet ?

It will be interesting to see if 20 year old Dilan Markanday does get into ECL squads - he was of course named in the one for the 2 legs against Paco and appeared on bench in an EL squad last season - as with I think its 5 goals in 3 PL2 matches and 2 assists in the Papa John's Trophy match last night and 5 goal pre-season, he's starting to look a real contender alongside Dane Scarlett to augment our first team forwards, espedcially now J'Neil Bennett (who came off bench in one ECL match) has gone on loan.

Having said that, with a lot of flexible forwards in Kane, Son, Bergwijn, Moura, Gil and arguably Lo Celso and Dele can be included (but latter also play CM) I suspect starting positions will be few and far between and bench roles will be the main option (and may not always mean minutes on pitch).

Some ECL involvement and Papa Johns Trophy matches would be good development for both of yhem.

Loanees to keep an eye on - much less than last year ?

Academy
Alfie Whiteman (GK) - Degefors, Sweden top division
Jamie Bowden (CM) - Oldham, League 1
J'Neil Bennet (Winger( - Crewe, League 1
Kion Etete (Striker) - Northampton, League 2
Troy Parrott (Striker) - MK Dons , League 1

First Team
Cameron Carter- Vickers (CB) - Celtic, Scottish Prem
Pape Matar Sarr (Mid) - Metz, French top division

Jamie Donley came off the bench to score the winner from the penalty spot in a 1-0 for Northern Ireland Under-19's vs Faroe Islands.
Has he said anything about playing in the NI senior squad?
Edit: He was actually born in Antrim.

He has represented both Northern Ireland and England at youth level.

Has he said anything about playing in the NI senior squad?
No, although it seems NI were invested with him well before the FA were.

How his development next 2 years go will decide IMO, might watch the 2nd fixture on Friday as a kid I know quite well from youth football is in the squad too.

Can never tell at this age, but he seems to have enough about him to make a career at at least League 1 in the future, I haven't seen enough games with England to judge him vs his peers. I'm obviously hoping he goes NI's way as we have a very talented group coming through around Under-23 or so.

Back
Top Bottom