Spurs Youth 2021/22

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mad really, having such a technical malaise for 5-6years, we have re-focused and seem stacked (or getting stacked). Two full internationals is weird, though Chelsea probably have 10 knowing them (just saw some youth I'd never heard of go to Russia with a £17M loan to perm option, how many of them do they have???).

PS. What's Markanday got to do to get a call up? Surely U21's should give him a squad place on his form this season (or U20's if there is one).
Or play for India ....
It would most probably create a big Markanday shirt sale over there - replica shirts that is :rolleyes:

It will be interesting to see if 20 year old Dilan Markanday does get into ECL squads - he was of course named in the one for the 2 legs against Paco and appeared on bench in an EL squad last season - as with I think its 5 goals in 3 PL2 matches and 2 assists in the Papa John's Trophy match last night and 5 goal pre-season, he's starting to look a real contender alongside Dane Scarlett to augment our first team forwards, espedcially now J'Neil Bennett (who came off bench in one ECL match) has gone on loan.

Having said that, with a lot of flexible forwards in Kane, Son, Bergwijn, Moura, Gil and arguably Lo Celso and Dele can be included (but latter also play CM) I suspect starting positions will be few and far between and bench roles will be the main option (and may not always mean minutes on pitch).

Some ECL involvement and Papa Johns Trophy matches would be good development for both of yhem.
So there are suggestions on SC that Markanday only has a year left on his contract, and we've offered him a low salary to extend.

One year left could explain why Markanday wasn't much involved in the first team pre-season despite being outstanding for the U23/21 teams.

But since we didn't sign Traore, surely we should stop low-balling the lad, give him a decent 2 or 3 year contract, and get him involved with the first team so we can find out how good he is.

Last edited:
Markanday the number 54 vs. Stevenage?

Looks capable on the ball, what's he like off it?
Hes not a grafter.
Last season he was a nippy winger. This season he is cutting inside more and getting in the box to great effect.
As SI stated he has bulked up and is harder to knock off the ball.
He's not getting into the 1st team so I am surprised he was not loaned out.

So there are suggestions on SC that Markanday only has a year left on his contract, and we've only offered him a low salary to extend.

One year left could explain why Markanday wasn't much involved in the first team pre-season despite being outstanding for the U23/21 teams.

But since we didn't sign Traore, surely we should stop low-balling the lad, give him a decent 2 or 3 year contract, and get him involved with the first team so we can find out how good he is.
Aaah, thanks for that.

So there are suggestions on SC that Markanday only has a year left on his contract, and we've offered him a low salary to extend.

Most of the u23s have contracts ending in 2022, I think only White has contract to 2024 ( like Skipp) whilst only about 2 or 3 have a contract to 2023, so doubt if that is reason why Markanday didn't play for first team in preseason - much more likely he was viewed as a talented AM, maybe even as Marcus Edwards lite.( as he might have been viewed last season )

It's only in this u21 preseason that the effects of Markanday bulking up over summer has been shown _ turning from a relatively lightweight RW talent into a powerful if short stocky effective striker ( first time I think he has been seen playing that role).

A number of u21 contracts need looking at - although it's often done late such as spring 2022 when contract ends 2022 - including Scarlett who" s last reported contract also ends June 2022.

Do you know where information about Markanday new contract is coming from - it's only a week since Markanday ‘proud’ of first Premier League 2 hat-trick | Tottenham Hotspur and Markanday being unused sub for Paco 2 nd leg.Match ? Seems a bit fast for accurate contract rumours to be spreading ?

Certainly hope to see him being on bench for ECL next matches as he is next logical attacker after Scarlett since Bennett has gone on loan to Crewe.

Elliot Thorpe still without a club. Obviously as a free agent he can sign at any time but seems strange after his medical at Hoffenheim. Something must have gone wrong. Doing himself no favours if he’s not training or playing. Was starting to look a decent player.

Elliot Thorpe still without a club. Obviously as a free agent he can sign at any time but seems strange after his medical at Hoffenheim. Something must have gone wrong. Doing himself no favours if he’s not training or playing. Was starting to look a decent player.

Agree. Has been seen training with Wales u21s but needs to be seen training and playing regularly at that age

Speaking of Edwards-he didn't get his transfer and Spurs didn't get the £5.5 m sell on.
Levy being greedy?
It was reported we had waived the sell on so that the transfer could be completed and we put the sell on for his next move from Sporting Lisbon .
Maybe Sporting didn’t agree.

Jamie Donley scored the winner again in a 1-0 win in the 63rd minute, tap in from a rebound. Started the game this time, came off in the 84th minute. Was involved in a lot of good play from reports, also won the penalty he scored the other day in the 1st fixture. (See IG post below)

Couldn't get over to the game as I got held up at the hospital waiting for another x-ray etc. after dislocating my big toe a couple of weeks back.

Bodes well for him as a 16 and a half year old, hopefully will play in the U-19 qualifiers in October vs Czech Republic, Denmark and Borat Country.

By the sounds of it, his dad would prefer he went the same way I'd like him to.

Last edited:
I'll admit I haven't been watching the match very closely, but Paskotsi seemed comfortable at this level, particularly he seemed comfortable on the ball. Against N. Ireland but still.

Back
Top Bottom