Spurs Youth 2021/22

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

btw I never got to Lewes to see the game and have a look at Ollie Tanner who turned us down. Might have another go as mates down here have said it would be a fun day out.

I read the match report v Worthing, he got an assist in a 1-2 home loss.

I haven't been down there for a while actually. Good little club. Properly woke but I can live with that. Might get down there soon.
They were playing at Leatherhead in midweek which is close to where I am so I went along. Tanner is decent. Most skilful player on the pitch but it can be quite hard for him to shine in certain games where it gets scruffy and physical. He’d do well at a higher level.

That Worthing game last weekend… crowd was well over 2,000 which is bloody good for that level.

2 years before selling him he was LITERALLY starting for us on match day 1...HE WAS LITERALLY GIVEN A CHANCE AND DIDN'T TAKE IT. Why would you send out a player that is LITERALLY being given a chance to show himself? He just didn't take it, aged out, and had to be moved on.

th
He was LITERALLY Man of the Match, and then we went and blew £23m on Serge...

Last edited:
12 midday Saturday, Liverpool u23's v Spurs u23's

Likely to have a similar side as last u23 match

Last u23 side below.

I'd guess that White and Scarlett will be in the first team squad, and potentially Lo'Totuala may return as GK as the main changes for Liverpool u23's ?

Bench likely to be mainly u18's

Oluwayemi, Lusala (Cesay 46), Lavinier, Craig, Muir (Santiago 46), Omole, Mundle, White (c), Scarlett, Devine, Bennett (Robson 82). Substitute (not used): Gunter.

Fagan-Walcott and Matthew Craig suspended

Paskotsi plays for the first time in months - whatever issue it was contractual or injury now sorted which is great news.

Donley debut at u23 level - he's only 17 - otherwise most of players are as expected. Bowden on bench, think he's been injured as he's not played for a while.

u18 Sayers starts whilst Williams on bench.

I'd add to Windy's comments that not having a dm starting was asking for trouble - was it Robson (an AM) supposed to be playing there ? If so unfair on that player.

So a weak set up (losing a lot of players since Spurs beat much better sides earlier in the season) plus no dm

I'd add to Windy's comments that not having a dm starting was asking for trouble - was it Robson (an AM) supposed to be playing there ? If so unfair on that player.

So a weak set up (losing a lot of players since Spurs beat much better sides earlier in the season) plus no dm

I didn't see the game so I can only comment on the line up.
I thought here were goals there but obvs we are not currently blessed with our CBs (even taking into account our banned players).

The stats are no great surprise. Shows that coaches need to work hard to give the best of the youngsters coming through academies the chance to play - the youngsters need to work hard and show they deserve it of course.

But its essential for clubs to get some of the youngsters into the first team to become 'Club Trained' players, and to make up other HG numbers so as to have a full squad - always seems to be a surprise to the ill educated that club trained players cannot be bought in !

And yet Winks is part of the 3% who have.

Hell he's got 10 England caps.

Go figure...

Still no minutes for Nile John, he's been on the bench 4 times out of the 8 games Charlton have played since he joined. I think he's our only outfield player out on loan that has yet to get minutes and also Charlton's only January signing that hasn't played any minutes yet.

Missed this last week but Nile John got 90 minutes in Charlton u23s 5-1 loss to Ipswich u23s which I think is the first game time he's got since he moved there in Jan, although this week (today) he wasn't in either the u23 squad or the first team squad ...

Missed this last week but Nile John got 90 minutes in Charlton u23s 5-1 loss to Ipswich u23s which I think is the first game time he's got since he moved there in Jan, although this week (today) he wasn't in either the u23 squad or the first team squad ...

Crazy situation.

Really don't understand his lack of first team game time at Charlton especially since Chris Powell (Spurs coach and Charlton playing legend) was involved in the loan deal

Crazy situation.

Really don't understand his lack of first team game time at Charlton especially since Chris Powell (Spurs coach and Charlton playing legend) was involved in the loan deal
Yeah, really weird situation all round. He's not getting experience and Charlton have basically wasted one of their few loan spots. If the situation doesn't change and the only game time he gets is the occasional Charlton u23s game then Spurs might as well recall him to play regular football in our u23s...

Yeah, really weird situation all round. He's not getting experience and Charlton have basically wasted one of their few loan spots. If the situation doesn't change and the only game time he gets is the occasional Charlton u23s game then Spurs might as well recall him to play regular football in our u23s...

Might as well give him another month or so to see if things change at Charlton for him as he's not going to learn much back at Spurs u23's - White is training with Spurs first team and getting on bench with occasional u23 appearances, Bowden in much same position but not making the bench, Devine the dominant midfield player in u23's so its pretty competitive in his position at Spurs

Crazy situation.

Yes, I gotta believe that Powell, who should know him I think, would play him or at least find a bench spot for him, if he was at the level.
I have to believe that he simply wasn’t ready and someone has completely overestimated where he should be right now. Absolutely no point in him being a spot player for Charlton U-23s

Yes, I gotta believe that Powell, who should know him I think, would play him or at least find a bench spot for him, if he was at the level.
I have to believe that he simply wasn’t ready and someone has completely overestimated where he should be right now. Absolutely no point in him being a spot player for Charlton U-23s

Just to avoid any misunderstanding from your post, Chris Powell is Spurs coach, the unknown is why the Charlton coaches are not playing Nile John in their first team at all, even though John has made a few Spurs first team appearances and looked decent in pre-season.

19.00 this evening for Spurs u23 v Leicester u23's at Stevenage.

Recent suspensions for Fagan-Walcott and Craig have been served leaving only the injured BLF out so team/squad likely to be from :

Lo-Tutala, Oluwayemi, Cesay, Fagan-Walcott, Paskotsi, Omole, Muir, Lusala, Matthew Craig, Bowden (c), Bennett, Devine, Mundle, Robson, Santiago with probably either of the u18 strikers Donley or Williams also involved as Scarlett likely to be with first team.

Given we had a Man City player on trial a couple of weeks ago, I wouldn't rule out another triallist ?

Back
Top Bottom