Spurs Youth 2022/23

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looks to be about 6 ft 3 ins and an absolute unit, ideal description for a CB, but he's got very decent skill and pace as shown in that break away from Spurs area to the opposition for that assist in the u18 PL cup final.

He's already played half a dozen times for u21's and in 2 EFL Cup matches despite being only just aged 18.

I suspect he might be on fringes of the youngsters that might play in pre-season - he really seems that good.

Blinking annoying when they give the contract date for Dorrington at 2026 but no date for Chaplin.
I assume 2025?

Most first pro contracts are for one year. So without further information I'd guess Chaplin has a one year pro contract

Exceptionally Spurs announced a contract to 2025 for Dorrington a year ago, so yesterday's contract effectively extends his contract to 2026 by one year.

Rastrick widely rumoured to be re-joining John McDermott at the FA

Probably time for a re-set at the Academy as there doesn't seem to have been any real changes since McDermott left and probably time to ask someone to take it by the scruff of the and after reviewing everything from recruitment through pay scales and coaching so as to eliminate losses like we saw last summer of 2 promising u16's to Southampton. We need to get back to being the top academy we were a decade ago

Changes always painful but often necessary

Rastrick finished on a high though with u17 and u18 PL Cups

"We have recently strengthened our coaching and recruitment departments and will provide further details on our structure and personnel in due course."

Rastrick widely rumoured to be re-joining John McDermott at the FA

Probably time for a re-set at the Academy as there doesn't seem to have been any real changes since McDermott left and probably time to ask someone to take it by the scruff of the and after reviewing everything from recruitment through pay scales and coaching so as to eliminate losses like we saw last summer of 2 promising u16's to Southampton. We need to get back to being the top academy we were a decade ago

Changes always painful but often necessary

Rastrick finished on a high though with u17 and u18 PL Cups

"We have recently strengthened our coaching and recruitment departments and will provide further details on our structure and personnel in due course."

Totally agree. Too many cooks at the moment and in need of real direction and transparency.

Robson looked very good a couple of seasons ago but last season or so ...... has not.

I thought he was borderline to keep or let go, looks like Gods were on his side. 2 years until 2025
With all due respect what an earth are we thinking here?

Spursidol Spursidol Do we need a new thread for next season?

Thanks for asking

I usually wait until early July when we know :

- Which of the existing players have been given new contracts, who has been released, the new scholars (hopefully) (nb. First post on new thread is is who players are, and we don't know many of these precisely)
- Some of pre-season games, summer tournaments etc

With all due respect what an earth are we thinking here?

I can only assume we ae hoping he will get back to the player he was about 2 years ago - he will now be one of probably about 7 or 8 outfield players from this years development squad (excluding those likely to be loaned out next season) to be joined by 10 players to form next years development squad..

I had Robson down as a likely leaver from development squad along with Muir, Walcott, Cassanova, Bowden, John and Mathurin - not all bad players but probably in Bowden's case time to find a club to rack up some first team minutes.

Would love to see Dorrington taken on our pre season tour.
Decent chance I reckon

Last season the youth players that went on the tour were:

Keeley (GK)
Fagan-Walcott (CB) (possibly being released)
Sayers (CB)
White (MF)
Parrott (ST)

*I think Devine and Scarlett were on international duty with E u19s

Imagine Keeley will go again and a handful of Devine, Dorrington, Sayers, White, Scarlett, Parrott, Donley, Craig, Moore, Abbott.

Skipp might be given longer to come back after England u21s Euros depending on how far they go so maybe a couple of midfielders this time. Obviously all depends on who comes in, who leaves and where extra bodies are needed

We can also confirm the departures of Development Squad players Jamie Bowden, Kallum Cesay, Malachi Fagan-Walcott, Roshaun Mathurin, Marqes Muir and Romaine Mundle following the conclusion of their contracts.

Under-18s players Thomas Bloxham, Brandon Bryan-Waugh and Riley Owen have also departed following the conclusion of their scholarships.

We wish them all the best in the next stage of their careers.

Back
Top Bottom