Spurs Youth 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just a reminder - England u17 v Spain u17's, kick off at 18.30 today, Monday 27th.

Ideal to win this match to go through as one of 2 top teams in group, although other results in both our own match and Portugal u17 v France u17 might allow us to do so (both matches kick off at the same time)

Both Moore and Olusesi starting for England u17s tonight, kickoff 18:30
Yep, will be watching. Even had two non-spurs colleagues come up to me and ask about Moore. They have seen some twitter clips. I don't know what to say as I don't know much about him and how long he has been here. All I say is "the next Gazza".
I do remember watching Rooney playing at WHL in a youth cup game when he was 15 or 16. I have no idea why my dad took me to that game, maybe because it was an excuse to have a few drinks. In any case, it was honestly the most dominant performance by a player I have ever seen. I say this because Moore kinda reminds me of that hype.

Both games level at half time so England going through as it stands

England u17's last group game against Spain tomorrow at 18:30
France play Portugal at the same time.
Game will be available again on BBC red button, bbc sport website and UEFA tv again

First tiebreakers are based on H2H with tied teams so...

Win against Spain and we're through regardless of the other game, in fact we could technically still top the group if we won and France won by either 3 or 4 goals, otherwise we're through in 2nd.

If we draw, we would need France to not win and we would be through in 2nd

If we lose to Spain by 1 or 2 goals, we would need Portugal to beat France to go through in 2nd.
If we lose to Spain by more than 2 goals, we're out regardless.

It is weird watching this level of football because every now and again there is a close up on a player who looks like he is 12 and one who could pass as 25. One forgets these are children.

Back
Top Bottom