Spurs Youth 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What is the view on Devine? Is he ready to be with the first team next season or another loan?
He’s not ready to be a starter for the senior side but I hope we keep him with the squad for the coming season. He might have a few minutes as a sub in cup & PL games.

If we run short of CT / HG players as least he can be made available even though he’s still young.

What is the view on Devine? Is he ready to be with the first team next season or another loan?

Think another loan tbh.

I thought he'd push on and be first team squad ready at least and Donley would be the one loaned out but in all honesty, I think Devine is more likely to get a loan out and Donley is kept on.

Thoughts on Dante Cassanova? Saw John Wenham (Lilywhite Rose) saying he should get a new contract. Thought he did much better in the run in out of position, particuarly when he played much deeper basically as a sweeper at CB and thought he was played well in the final. Not sure I would give him a new deal personally because I still think he's pretty limited technically and hasn't looked that comfortable playing out from the back or playing through a press which is pretty essential at this level. Not sure how we'd be at CB numbers-wise, maybe Dorrington loaned out, Baptiste possibly steps up. Maybe King could play LCB?

Additionally we have given pro contracts to about 10 or 11 of this season's Academy Year 2 players who will join u21's next season (probably with Moore and Olusesi as well), so whilst we will no doubt increase the numbers of players loaned out to say 10 or 11, I think we will need to move on say 6 or 7 of the least technically competent u21's or those thought to be old/unlikely to develop enough at Spurs etc.

The first few might be easy to identify, eg Maguire (GK rarely used), Heaps (has he played this season ?) but I suspect Cassanova (20 in June), maybe John (now 21) might be included despite decent recent performances - ultimately we cannot keep them all and hopefully they can drop to a lower level club and find a future there.

However its also correct that we are short of good quality defenders both in u21's and academy (despite having the likes of Dorrington, Baptiste, Hardy and Byfield - and the currently injured Rowswell RB/CB) so wouldn't surprise me if we try to pick up one or two external candidates if there are good quality players available.

Additionally we have given pro contracts to about 10 or 11 of this season's Academy Year 2 players who will join u21's next season (probably with Moore and Olusesi as well), so whilst we will no doubt increase the numbers of players loaned out to say 10 or 11, I think we will need to move on say 6 or 7 of the least technically competent u21's or those thought to be old/unlikely to develop enough at Spurs etc.

The first few might be easy to identify, eg Maguire (GK rarely used), Heaps (has he played this season ?) but I suspect Cassanova (20 in June), maybe John (now 21) might be included despite decent recent performances - ultimately we cannot keep them all and hopefully they can drop to a lower level club and find a future there.

However its also correct that we are short of good quality defenders both in u21's and academy (despite having the likes of Dorrington, Baptiste, Hardy and Byfield - and the currently injured Rowswell RB/CB) so wouldn't surprise me if we try to pick up one or two external candidates if there are good quality players available.
Saw Maguire on crutches with a leg brace at the PL2 final

I think I saw Charlie Sayers there. Contract expires 2024.
He has not been playing recently so unless he has been injured maybe he is not signing /won't be offered a new one?

I think I saw Charlie Sayers there. Contract expires 2024.
He has not been playing recently so unless he has been injured maybe he is not signing /won't be offered a new one?

He was out for much of early season, came back for about 3 or 4 u21 matches (maybe mid April) and then hasn't been seen since, I assumed out injured as we could have done with him as we wre short of defenders (hence playing Cassanova) .

Be a shame if we didn't extend his contract for a year or two as whilst I don't think he's an ideal defender for Angeball he is a very decent CB/LB - was about the only u21 starter playing LCB when there were the 'mid season' friendlies in about December 2022.

It would appear our next season's Academy Year 1 intake is likely to be :

Dylan Thompson - GK

Malachi Hardy, CB
Elijah Upson, CB
Miracle Adewole, RB

Samal Junior Bangura DM
Jamel Jordan Beggs, CM
Harry Bryne, CM
Tye Hall, CM (no relation to Tyrese !)

Tynan Thompson, winger
Leon Myrtaj, AM
Ronnie Moncur, AM/forward
Reiss Ellis- Parris, AM/forward
George Feeney, Striker

Might be the odd extra external signing etc.

Additionally Junai Byfield (CB) and Luca Williams-Barnett (winger) are currently Spurs u15's who often play up a year and have already made several Spurs u18 starts, so expect that will continue with them being Spurs u16's next season but playing Spurs u18's next season

Goalkeeper Josh Keeley will report into the senior Republic Of Ireland camp to train with the squad before linking up with Jim Crawford's Under-21 squad for their upcoming fixtures against Croatia and England.

First call up for Keeley !

Congrats to Austin winning the lottery today. What a life.

I've been highly critical of Cassanova but I must congratulate him on a terrific end to the season. He has really put in a commendable run of performances and I hope he has his pick of a few decent clubs this summer.

Back
Top Bottom