Spursy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Your angry because deep down I think you know i'm right.
...and you started this post 'cos deep down I think we all know you're not Spurs!

...as far as I can tell, last night was not a Semi, or even a Final.... it was a league match in December between the top two!

And as for 'bottling', I think you're mistaking the word for; deflected fluke and last minute winning goal....
That's losing narrowly, not bottling! Go check your football cliché dictionary!

....and it's "you're", not 'your' btw... go back to school you illiterate twat!

Last edited:
Spursy is a term dripping in confirmation bias. It will always be applicable to every team some of the time and just how close do we have to get to lose and for it to count as a 'spursy' event? There's a lot of wiggle room, there. I agree the semis are a bummer, but to call them a statistical anomaly would make an economist's eyes glaze over.

Only one team can win, if that team isn't us, we're spursy. We win 60% of our games, so we're not spursy. If we fail to win any cup at all by the end of next season, we still won't be spursy. We just won't be the best team.

So fuck off and stop giving life to this term.

"You have a different opinion therefore you're not a super-duper real mega fan like me!"
It's not about having a different opinion, it's just that your overall tone (and timing if I'm honest) smacks of either a fan of another club, only here to 'gloat' ....or, as you claim, a Spurs fan who is so down on his own team he's willing to create a thread about how bad we are...

Either way, you don't seem to 'support' the club... and I mean that even if you ARE a Spurs fan....

Supporting (through thick and thin) is what it's about.... it's hard.... cos if you wanted it easy, there are plenty of Mega clubs who can hand you your success on a plate!

"Super duper Mega Fans" are a rare breed these days.... there's too much cynicism and DEMAND for success, you're either celebrating a win, or skating the whole club.
No in between!!!!

Someone call a stretcher for Airfixx Airfixx I think he might be suffering from repetitive disagree syndrome

What was it someone said above....? Cunt thread started by a cunt.

Seems fairly unanimous at this point.

What was it that you said... Something about acceptance being the first step.... Accept it; you're a spineless melt cunt. :)

Been to see Spurs play multiple times nice try though instead of having to come to grips with the idea that some fans might think differently to you instead just invent a fake narrative inside your head.

It's easier that way...
Ok, so you’re an entitled cunt that’s been to a few games. Still an entitled cunt though.

I’m happy with alternative views, but not going to countenance a ridiculous concept like “Spursy”, probably first coined a couple of decades ago by an arsehole, when our entire staff and playing a]squad were different.

Most of the time we win games, sometimes we don’t. There’s not a concept to explain this other than “shit happens”. What a grown up does is dust themselves down and get ready to take the next lot to the fucking cleaners, not bleat on about bad luck or jinxes.

12 long years since a trophy and on it goes.

Every time we get close to a trophy we bottle it, there's something seriously wrong at Tottenham Hotspur Football Club.

Semi-final defeat after defeat in the finals.

Has the continued bottling under Poch destroyed the mentality of our players?
Oh fuck off. We lost away to league champions and unbeaten at home in 3 years by a deflection and own goal. Stop trolling you woolwich prick and go back to your cesspool woolwich tv.

Spursy is a term dripping in confirmation bias. It will always be applicable to every team some of the time and just how close do we have to get to lose and for it to count as a 'spursy' event? There's a lot of wiggle room, there. I agree the semis are a bummer, but to call them a statistical anomaly would make an economist's eyes glaze over.

Only one team can win, if that team isn't us, we're spursy. We win 60% of our games, so we're not spursy. If we fail to win any cup at all by the end of next season, we still won't be spursy. We just won't be the best team.

It's a pathetic term used by desperate rival fans who hate to see us up the top end of the league.. I'm afraid there are no words for one of our own so called fans who gloatingly use the term

100% this.

I would seriously consider banning people who use that term on here. Anyone who uses it just gives credence to it so they can fuck right off.

You do realise we've only played 13 league games, are in the knockout stages of the Europa, quarters vs Stoke in Carabao and have Marine in the FA Cup.

Dont meltdown after one result FFS

Back
Top Bottom