Spursy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We really do have some proper Wanky fans.. Such a shame as it was never the case in the past.

Thankfully I've never met any pricks like this in person, but fuck me the internet's full of 'em.

Nothing positive to say about the club, nor take nothing positive out of their fandom..... Why the fuck bother.

Sickening comment anyone throwing a word around like that is vile.

Would you say that to someones face in real life?

Disgusting now, never thought someone would turn to using that word because of a difference in footballing opinions.
I would say it to your weeb fuck face in real life. 100%

If you trip at the last hurdle for over a decade again and again it becomes a trend and trends have names.

Posters here seem to think I like the term, I don't!

The point is to recognize spursy and overcome it, if you deny a problem your doomed to repeat it.

No, sorry, that 'hurdle' is a moving target (the one I was one about when I said 'how close do we have to get'?). I've been a Spurs fan for 15 years and all I would say about not winning silverware is that the closer you get to the top, the better the teams are and the better you have to be. the league is different, but the principle is the same.

Look, you're not wrong. No one can argue that the term hasn't got some basis in reality; but it's *not* reality. At least not until people in your position give psychological weight to it and 'let it in'. So stop it. It was invented by a troll to undermine our belief as a fanbase and therefore, ultimately, as a club. Don't give power to it. It's only appealing to you when you're suffering. Tell it to fuck off. You know we're heading in the right direction and there are always going to be bumps on the way.

Spursy is a term dripping in confirmation bias. It will always be applicable to every team some of the time and just how close do we have to get to lose and for it to count as a 'spursy' event? There's a lot of wiggle room, there. I agree the semis are a bummer, but to call them a statistical anomaly would make an economist's eyes glaze over.

Only one team can win, if that team isn't us, we're spursy. We win 60% of our games, so we're not spursy. If we fail to win any cup at all by the end of next season, we still won't be spursy. We just won't be the best team.

So fuck off and stop giving life to this term.
Great post. But giving up any semblance of rationality and objectivity is a huge part of being a football fan. It doesn't appeal to me, which is part of the reason I'm neutral.

12 long years since a trophy and on it goes.

Every time we get close to a trophy we bottle it, there's something seriously wrong at Tottenham Hotspur Football Club.

Semi-final defeat after defeat in the finals.

Has the continued bottling under Poch destroyed the mentality of our players?
Please take a long run of a short plank and get to fuck you are not helping

What the actual fuck are you talking about. No trophy was on the line we just lost a football match for the first time since the first day. Poch gave some of the best football since the 60s, the fact he even came close to trophies with the team and money he had was an achievement. We should have won an fa cup or a league cup yes but definitely were not bottled. What a completely stupid post. There's something seriously wrong with fans like you. Support the other ones down the road.
I think he does support the other lot down the road

Plenty of other fans felt like that was our title chance gone take a peek over at the "are we going to win the title" thread.

As I said. With fans 'like you'. so those mugs should join you down the road. Title chance lol. Its one fucking game. On a day where Southampton or Chelsea could have gone top last two match days. Have a word with yourself please

Read the first few pages of the Kane thread and look how opinions have changed.

I have no doubt that continued failure has effected our players mentally that's what spursy is.

It's not actually.... Know your history (yeh, right!)... You're just banding about the oppo wanker misinterpretation of the term.

Back
Top Bottom