Spursy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

newcastle was a poor VAR decision imo. dont think you can class that as us throwing it away. we are not going to win every single game. weve had fixtures thrown at us left right and centre recently too and thats gonna drain us. think weve been good this season and have looked solid, mainly down to having sissoko and PEH protecting the defence, who lets be honest isnt the best. dier and aurier are defenders that need big help. putting a genuine quality CB at the back next to toby would improve us massively, dier has been good this year but we need better.

It was - but it shouldn't even have come to that.

The more we fail to finish teams off the more it's going to happen. Palace a most recent example of that.

Seriously Spurs fans that use the term 'Spursy' should get a fucking slap.

All it does is legitimize a word for opposing fans to rub our noses in it.

And unfair this season...........so far. But it was the last big hurdle after a difficult set of games.

It kind of frames the disappointment I feel.

Beat Leicester and everyone will be happy.

Ah the internet hard man has logged on.

You know if you see a thread you don't like just don't click on it, all your doing is making yourself mad which is no loss to me, but I will admit it's pretty funny.
I'm just not scared of saying things to dweebs like you.
Fuck off back to your Pokemon cards and Woolwich forums.

We fucked up multiple chances that were handed to us on a silver platter only to lose at the death.

Pools record at home means nothing, when it comes to an individual game that can all go out the window. Just as form does during derbys, we had our chance, and we blew it.
I still don't know if you're talking about ArseAnal or Chelsea!!
Either way, all THREE of us blew chances this week.... I'm just surprised you're on HERE, when there are clearly more pressing issues to deal with at your OWN CLUB!!

Spursy is a term dripping in confirmation bias. It will always be applicable to every team some of the time and just how close do we have to get to lose and for it to count as a 'spursy' event? There's a lot of wiggle room, there. I agree the semis are a bummer, but to call them a statistical anomaly would make an economist's eyes glaze over.

Only one team can win, if that team isn't us, we're spursy. We win 60% of our games, so we're not spursy. If we fail to win any cup at all by the end of next season, we still won't be spursy. We just won't be the best team.

So fuck off and stop giving life to this term.
Only way to rid is fuck the other teams up.

I'll continue to support Spurs even if we're relegated to the conference, nevertheless that doesn't mean that I can't recognise certain trends when they become so obvious that it's almost impossible not to notice them.

Numerous losses are a certainty especially if you support a club that's lower down the table, it's not however acceptable for a club of our current calibre to have won the sum total of nothing in the past 12 years.

Wigan have won a cup more recently than we have, how long must the drought continue and why has it gone on for so long?

Those are the questions I was trying to ask in this thread.
How come this Gooner Prick is still allowed to post on here..
I’m not one for calling for people to be banned but I’ll make an exception for this Twat..

Can we all do the right thing and flush this Dick down the shithouse..

Yeah that's true but God after you've been burned so many times it makes it hard to keep the faith.
If it was Poch I'd agree with you (same happened when we lost to Wolves on the 29th of december). But we're with Mourinho, I'm sure he'll pick the players up and won't let their heads drop.

What....2nd in the league, in the knock out stages of Europa league & last eight of the league cup what are you on about?

Seriously losing so many cups one after another after coming so close is going to leave a mental effect.

How do we overcome it that's another question.
I believe we’re already overcoming it, there’s a definite shift in mentality under Jose. Could’ve easily been celebrating a win tonight. What is it about that fucking ground?

Back
Top Bottom