Spursy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Our defence sure played in over desperation. Rushed when there were no need. Cleared the balls right back to feet of Liverpool players time and time again.

There was a ball little Mane went up and got it from the air over and in between Diet and Toby.

Is that Spursy? I think its about attitude. We can't play like we want to keep lunch money. We need to play like we want to take it from them. Froze again like CL final. Different managers same afraid playing. Not a matter of tactics I don't think but more in the attitude.
Yeah this was basically what I was getting at when it comes to the big games we freeze up.

Why do we keep falling at the last hurdle then?

Well I think it's because we're caught in a negative feedback loop. If you bottle it 5 times in a row the 6th time becomes inevitable.

My really controversial point is that I think this has been baked into the club now after happening so many times and I'm really fearful its impacting even our best players in the grudge matches (see Kane).

If Jose can banish the bottle then he really will be a legend at this club.

Seriously losing so many cups one after another after coming so close is going to leave a mental effect.

How do we overcome it that's another question.

By ridding our fanbase of Idiots who start threads like this..
The most pathetic thread i've seen on here and that really takes something..

You may as well delete your account as opposed to changing your name because you will never be taken seriously again.

I don't think it's "Spursy"

I just think it's Spurs.

This season from a results perspective has barely been any different from our last 5 seasons. We're still dropping points to teams we shouldn't be dropping points too and we're still dropping points away at the big clubs.

Our perspective however changes based on other teams performances.

Our point total this season has seen us good enough for 2nd. Here is how it sees us in the last 10 seasons for example:

2019-20 - 5th
2018-19 - 6th
2017-18 - 4th
2016-17 - 5th
2015-16 - 5th
2014-15 - 4th
2013-14 - 4th
2012-13 - 4th
2011-12 - 5th
2010-11 - 3rd

I don't think it's "Spursy"

I just think it's Spurs.

This season from a results perspective has barely been any different from our last 5 seasons. We're still dropping points to teams we shouldn't be dropping points too and we're still dropping points away at the big clubs.

You could apply that very post to Man City.

The same can be said for most clubs.....

Denial the first stage of the grieving process.

I'm already at acceptance.
Pathetic child..

I have always taken pride that we have the best fans around, but whilst there are tools like you, that pleasure has been taken away..

I don't give x's as it's not my thing but take a look at how many you have received.. Does that not give you any clue as to how pathetic you are?

What's the use in denying facts? I've never seen another team in England be so good for so long but always coming short.

Is it unique to us? No. We're probably only second to Neverkusen though.

Pathetic child..

I have always taken pride that we have the best fans around, but whilst there are tools like you, that pleasure has been taken away..

I don't give x's as it's not my thing but take a look at how many you have received.. Does that not give you any clue as to how pathetic you are?
Read the first few pages of the Kane thread and look how opinions have changed.

I have no doubt that continued failure has effected our players mentally that's what spursy is.

How have we amassed 17 trophies if we are ALWAYS coming short?? were they given as gifts?
That was when we weren't Spursy. How many clubs in the world in th last decade have lost out on CL football because of bad lasagna? How about finishing top 4 and still lose out because their hated local rival absolutely shithouse a CL win?

How about scoring the most goals, conceding the fewest but still losing the league to some italian malcontent who managed to beat us in his first season with Victor Moses as his starter, before fucking off to Italy.

We are Spursy as fuck, but that's OK. Love the club all the same.

If it makes you feel better, I think woolwich are even bigger bottlers over the last 10 years or so.

Back
Top Bottom