Spursy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Read the first few pages of the Kane thread and look how opinions have changed.

I have no doubt that continued failure has effected our players mentally that's what spursy is.

It's not actually.... Know your history (yeh, right!)... You're just banding about the oppo wanker misinterpretation of the term.

That was when we weren't Spursy. How many clubs in the world in th last decade have lost out on CL football because of bad lasagna? How about finishing top 4 and still lose out because their hated local rival absolutely shithouse a CL win?

How about scoring the most goals, conceding the fewest but still losing the league to some italian malcontent who managed to beat us in his first season with Victor Moses as his starter, before fucking off to Italy.

We are Spursy as fuck, but that's OK. Love the club all the same.

If it makes you feel better, I think woolwich are even bigger bottlers over the last 10 years or so.
Despite being shit Woolwich won an fa cup last season we last won one in 1991...

the only 'spursy' game weve had this year was west ham!

- Dominating Newcastle only to throw it away with a 97th minute penalty...
- Not taking advantage on a weekend where Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool all drop points

There has been plenty of 'Typical Spurs' this season.

Luckily for us, other top teams have just been poor by their standards.

Despite being shit Woolwich won an fa cup last season we last won one in 1991...
they bottled the Leicester season just as much as us. Each FA cup the last few years is a token relief from their slow descent into utter shitness.

Someone call a stretcher for Airfixx Airfixx I think he might be suffering from repetitive disagree syndrome

What was it someone said above....? Cunt thread started by a cunt.

Seems fairly unanimous at this point.

What was it that you said... Something about acceptance being the first step.... Accept it; you're a spineless melt cunt. :)

- Dominating Newcastle only to throw it away with a 97th minute penalty...
- Not taking advantage on a weekend where Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool all drop points

There has been plenty of 'Typical Spurs' this season.

Luckily for us, other top teams have just been poor by their standards.
newcastle was a poor VAR decision imo. dont think you can class that as us throwing it away. we are not going to win every single game. weve had fixtures thrown at us left right and centre recently too and thats gonna drain us. think weve been good this season and have looked solid, mainly down to having sissoko and PEH protecting the defence, who lets be honest isnt the best. dier and aurier are defenders that need big help. putting a genuine quality CB at the back next to toby would improve us massively, dier has been good this year but we need better.

We really do have some proper Wanky fans.. Such a shame as it was never the case in the past.

Thankfully I've never met any pricks like this in person, but fuck me the internet's full of 'em.

Nothing positive to say about the club, nor take nothing positive out of their fandom..... Why the fuck bother.

newcastle was a poor VAR decision imo. dont think you can class that as us throwing it away. we are not going to win every single game. weve had fixtures thrown at us left right and centre recently too and thats gonna drain us. think weve been good this season and have looked solid, mainly down to having sissoko and PEH protecting the defence, who lets be honest isnt the best. dier and aurier are defenders that need big help. putting a genuine quality CB at the back next to toby would improve us massively, dier has been good this year but we need better.

It was - but it shouldn't even have come to that.

The more we fail to finish teams off the more it's going to happen. Palace a most recent example of that.

The more we fail to finish teams off the more it's going to happen. Palace a most recent example of that.
well thats why bale was brought in wasnt he. because bergwijn has shown all year hes seriously lacking in end product as show yet again last night with a golden chance to win it. its time for bale to really come alive now and give us some value because hes needed now.

We have been excellent all round by our standards as a club, we just need to get over our fear of Liverpool or Liverpool to go away altogether, hopefully we get second

This is essentially what I've been saying on this thread and I think it's what's at the core of the term "spursy".

Seriously Spurs fans that use the term 'Spursy' should get a fucking slap.

All it does is legitimize a word for opposing fans to rub our noses in it.

And unfair this season...........so far. But it was the last big hurdle after a difficult set of games.

It kind of frames the disappointment I feel.

Beat Leicester and everyone will be happy.

Thankfully I've never met any pricks like this in person, but fuck me the internet's full of 'em.

Nothing positive to say about the club, nor take nothing positive out of their fandom..... Why the fuck bother.
Plenty of fans have said the exact same thing as me but in a tamer manner.

People are just seething at me because I've put it into such blunt words.

Yeh.... All 21 people that disagree with your post are just soft and you've seen the light.....???

Load of old faux-woke bollocks.....

I think people just dont like the word spursy. For me i think its a funny word, and i dont give a shit if some opposite fans use it. Its not really a swear word or anything. And once we start winning things, it will be a funny reminder of the old days when we didnt.

Back
Top Bottom